How to make scrambled eggs more filling?

Replies

• Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member

Also - Spanish Omelettes.

Aaahhh... Now we're talking...

Now I want a Spanish omelette so badly, I'll have to fit one into my weekend tomorrow. Yumm.
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    For eggs I like to have

Pam spray the pan
    1 egg
    2 tsp oats
    2 tbsp cottage cheese

It isn't exactly textbook definition of scrambled eggs, but I do prepare it like scrambled eggs :P
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I need to have some carbs with eggs too, or I'm not full either. But just a slice of toast makes a huge difference.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I don't know. I like the volumetrics way of eating. I'd rather skip on the bread/carb and double up on the meat-veg. I can make a HUGE bowl of eggs and veggies with some lean meat for a very small amount of calories. Bread never filled me up much.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Does no one but me like V8? I appreciate an omelette with a lot of veg as much as anyone, but an 11.5-oz can of V8 is incredibly easy on a rushed morning, and if you add psyllium fiber powder to it, it's amazing how filling it is. (Drink it fairly quickly, or you'll have tomato aspic instead, which isn't bad, either, but different.) You can grab a can of V8 on the way out the door if you're running late and are worried you'll get too hungry before lunch.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Does no one but me like V8? I appreciate an omelette with a lot of veg as much as anyone, but an 11.5-oz can of V8 is incredibly easy on a rushed morning, and if you add psyllium fiber powder to it, it's amazing how filling it is. (Drink it fairly quickly, or you'll have tomato aspic instead, which isn't bad, either, but different.) You can grab a can of V8 on the way out the door if you're running late and are worried you'll get too hungry before lunch.

I drink V8 just about every morning.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited December 2015
    Why do you eat food....eggs....that are un filling for you?
    There are tons of food out there,or even supper leftovers will be more filling. I use a cup of Skim milk & Greek Yogurt for a smoothie base,only 160 cals & 28 protein.Just one example. Low cal pancake recipes are all over the web, couple bananas with a Greek yogurt.......Whole wheat toast,Tbl of butter & a cup of milk or yogurt.

There is lots of info on here. Pick what works for you.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    pichu318 wrote: »
    For eggs I like to have

Pam spray the pan
    1 egg
    2 tsp oats
    2 tbsp cottage cheese

It isn't exactly textbook definition of scrambled eggs, but I do prepare it like scrambled eggs :P

I need to try this.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    I don't know. I like the volumetrics way of eating. I'd rather skip on the bread/carb and double up on the meat-veg. I can make a HUGE bowl of eggs and veggies with some lean meat for a very small amount of calories. Bread never filled me up much.

This is me too. People saying toast or a tortilla makes a difference to them just prove to me again that what people find filling varies so much.
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    My breakfast this morning:
    Mash 1 banana
    Mix in 2 eggs
    1 Tbs PB powder
    Dash cinnamon
    Makes 4 6" crepes
    Top w a dollop of neufchatel cheese
    Sprinkle w granola
    I'm stuffed!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

This is me too. People saying toast or a tortilla makes a difference to them just prove to me again that what people find filling varies so much.

I'm somewhere in the middle of both of these groups, depending on the day. Some days it might be more veggies, on another day, it might be the tortillas.
  • DigitalAnthony
    DigitalAnthony Posts: 94 Member
    look up Gordon Ramsay recipe
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    I have 3 eggs with cheddar (I'm a Wisconsin girl and we love our cheese) with a full serving of cottage cheese. This keeps me very full for at least 3 hours. Sometimes I'll add spinach/veggies when I'm in the mood, but breakfast is usually my rush meal so I don't spend much prep time on it.
  • absoluttalent
    absoluttalent Posts: 40 Member
    I had scrambled eggs for breakfast today. Because I'm short on time, I make them in the microwave.

2 eggs
    A good shake of chives
    Pepper
    Garlic powder.

Microwave for 20 seconds, stir, 15 more seconds, flip in bowl, 10 more seconds
    Then I put it on top of a slice of 2% American cheese inside of 2 slices whole wheat lo cal toast (35 cal a slice). Makes for a good sammich for running out the door. Holds me over till my morning break during my active job, and I'm a big guy
  • MarisolSol76
    MarisolSol76 Posts: 28 Member
    eggs with nopales, onion, tomato, jalapenos , olive oil, crushed oregano ... yummy,
  • Remoth
    Remoth Posts: 117 Member
    Lately I've been having 2 eggs with a slice of ham, slice of cheese on a half of a thin bagel, with a quarter cup of mushroom soup spread over top, so good! Paired with an apple and half banana fills me right up.

Usually with scrambled eggs, I dice up some mushrooms, peppers, onions and add some cheese and it turns 2 eggs into a a lot of food.
  • Joshlewisaa
    Joshlewisaa Posts: 1 Member
    Add milk to your eggs.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Skip the pam, go for butter. Add more veggies.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    My neighbour cooks sweet potatoes the night before, the. Warms up a big slice and eats it with an egg or two on top.
    She only told me about it yesterday so I haven't tried it, but it sounds tasty and filling to me...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Definitely. White toast wouldn't do it for me though... I need the fiber.