Face goes red when working out , gym confidence advice?

Options
1235»

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    No one cares!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    No one cares!

I forgot what thread I clicked on. I just saw this post and thought "how rude!" :laugh:
  • eggyeaster13
    eggyeaster13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I too go really red when working out, I'm not amazingly fit but for as long as I can remember fit or unfit I have always turned red during workouts. I have been told its the blood vessels coming to the surface to help dissipate heat, and because I sweat a lot when working out too this seems to be the cause. I was also told to only worry about turning red if I wasn't sweating at all or had other worrying symptoms like dizziness etc.

I don't like turning red but if thats what my body does to keep my temperature within safe ranges then thats fine by me, as others have said I don't think the majority of people pay attention. I don't mind being asked if I'm ok by people because it just shows they care that I'm ok!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    No one cares!

I forgot what thread I clicked on. I just saw this post and thought "how rude!" :laugh:

Haha I just meant no one will notice/ talk smack about her red face.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I went running in the obscene heat- then did sprints..> I walked back in and people though I was going to die.

And I work out DAMN hard when I'm lifting/interval training.. it is what it is... but that was the absoulute WORST it had been- it was hysterical.

Oh well.

Deal with it. Move on- keep working. There isn't much else you can do except dial down your work out- or keep a cool towel/water bottle on you to help cool your skin/blood as it moves around.
  • BethanBee86
    BethanBee86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone for replies .

Tonight I bit the bullet and went all out at the gym :smile: Before I entered gym I could feel butterflies of nerves but about 5 min into first workout and with my headphones in I got less self conscious . At one point I knew I was as red as a tomato but I had such a buzz from the work out I didn't care .

I know doing this tonight is something small but I know on those days where I would be looking for excuses not to go to gym this would be the big reason !

So I am proud to be a tomato girl of the gym lol
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing but I'm a guy so I simply don't care what others think. However, I am observant and I notice that the color of the workout clothes people are wearing can hide it or really accentuate it. Maybe try finding some clothes that offset/hide the red, Find a fashion expert or the web could give some good combinations. Duller shades is the first place to start. That's my two cents.
  • Tasha_Fat2Fit
    Options
    First of all, I don't care what anyone else at the gym looks like but if I was to pay attention and see someone with a red face, I'd think "Man, she must be working out so much harder than I am". So don't worry about it! Keep up the good work :happy:
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I am like this and for a lot of years didn't work out the way I should have. Don't let it worry you--it's more important to get a good workout, and frankly I think that people who look perfect, especially women who have makeup on, look silly anyway! (And before anyone gets mad, I used to be one of those!) :wink:
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    My facial redness is a thing of pride with me. I worked my butt off to get that red and I hope everyone else around me sees it.

Same with my sweat soaked shirt or the hat with the salt/mineral stains that build up between each washing.

Revel in the awesomeness of my intense workout!!

:)
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Mine gets very red too. I even talked to my doctor about. He said some folks just get like that. I don't have any underlying ailments that would cause this. Something about vessels closer to the skin...can't remember really since that was over ten years ago.

And folks comment on me too and it stays that way for a few hours after. I finally just don't care. I did at first.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    First of all, I would probably not even notice anyone's red face (bc I would be into my own workout). And if I did notice, I would be thinking "I should be doing whatever workout that person is doing"!!