What do you do with your egg yolks?

Options

Replies

• Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    When I have leftover egg yolks, I make spaghetti carbonara. When I have leftover egg whites, I make cheese soufflé.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Abby2205 wrote: »
    When I have leftover egg yolks, I make spaghetti carbonara. When I have leftover egg whites, I make cheese soufflé.
    Spaghetti carbonara, of course! That is such a good idea ^^ Thank you!

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Eat the whole egg. Hard boiled is best! Very healthy.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I eat them. I also only eat about one egg per week, expensive, local, and pastured. To me; they are gold!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I eat them. I often use the egg yolks to make homemade ice cream. A few days ago, I just made up a batch of white chocolate raspberry ice cream....OMG...YUM!!!
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I eat them
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I make homemade mayo with them! But usually I eat whole eggs anyway.
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    After 3 days on the 40/30/30 diet, I had 4 egg yolks in my fridge. So, I did a quick Google search and found the same topic in an article on Cooking Light's website. Today, I made a Creme Anglaise to pour over fresh fruit. I even used Skim Milk and Fat-Free 1/2 and 1/2. My kids loved it too and licked their bowls clean.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I feel like opening a home for all the poor abandoned egg yolks :(

One of the worlds most balanced whole foods cast aside for just a handful of calories.....sob....sob

Will it be a tax write-off nonprofit? I could open one here, i love my egg yolks
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Never really understood why people throw away the yolk (apart from allergies or something of sort), for me it works so perfectly with the egg white. I never eat just one or another.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Eat them with the white.

If some recipe am cooking calls for egg whites, I add the yolks to scrambled eggs to make them fluffier (one yolk per every two whole eggs). Thank you, Cooks Illustrated.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i eat them. its the best part of the egg lol
  • RoxanneMosby
    RoxanneMosby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually make some Hollandaise Sauce for the leftover egg yolks. It's a waste to throw them away so I make a lot things from them and you can also add them as ingredient for other healthy dishes.
  • ise311
    ise311 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Boil the egg and eat everything. I dont like to waste.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Two sides to the egg there are. The white side and the yolk side. In balance they must be.

• oolou
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Two sides to the egg there are. The white side and the yolk side. In balance they must be.

+1 :smiley:

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I typically eat them, but if I want just the whites I will cook the yolks separately and mix them into a salad later or feed to them to the animals.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,723 Member
    Options
    I put them on a small paper plate and put them out in the backyard for the crows. I usually eat eggs twice a day—breakfast and lunch—and they are usually hanging out in a nearby tree waiting for their treat.
  • oolou
    Options
    That's kinda cool, that the crows are waiting for their treat. For some reason I'm imagining them all like the crows out of Dumbo, complete with hats, cigars and jokes. ^^
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I just eat them. Lots of necessary protein. Besides, something doesn't seem right to me about buying egg whites or egg substitutes in a carton. Doesn't that qualify as "processed food" which we are all told to avoid? Eggs are probably processed in some way too, but it is still closer to the chicken than a carton.