Options

Replies

• panda007dammit
    panda007dammit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    148 lbs
    36-26.5-38 (very hourglass)
    Small to medium tops depending on the space provided in the bust (I'm a busty gal).
    Size 6-10 depending on brand and how high/low rise the jeans are.
  • annherrin
    annherrin Posts: 35 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    5'0" hourglass/pear
    120 (ish) pounds
    US 2, UK 6, Small

I'm very short but I have large bones and I carry a lot of muscle.
  • Jessiemno
    Jessiemno Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2"
    120 pounds
    Size 2 and 4
  • carrieletti
    carrieletti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    I hate the charts that assume a BIGGER absolute difference between waist and hip at smaller sizes, like this one, when generally leaner women have more subtle curves. It's unlikely that someone with a 35" hip will have waist of 25", and not so unlikely to have 38"-48", but this chart goes in the opposite direction.

Did you notice that there were 2 body types on that chart, straight & curvy? The straight measurement was a 35" hip with a nearly 27" waist.
  • SpiderGwens
    SpiderGwens Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    5'6" & 192 lbs

Pants: 14
    Shirt: L
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet 4 inches tall I currenrtely wear a size 12-14 pant in Danceskin now my tops are Large and my current weight is 224. When I was 163 pounds I wore an 8-10 in pants my tops were xl. When I started to loose weight years ago I was once a size 28 and my tops were 2x or larger.
  • edixon127
    edixon127 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    5'5", 178 lbs

Pants: 11/12
    Shirts: L
  • mmmpork
    mmmpork Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Currently 210 lbs, target is 150 lbs
    5'6.5"
    Currently 40"/34"/48"
    At my target weight: 36"/30"/40"

I'm pear shaped with most of my weight in my hips, thighs, and calves. I'm of basque, Cuban, and Quebecois descent, good ol' peasant farmer genes, so I'm really wide hipped and bulky even when I'm thin.

Current bottom size: 16-18, depending on the brand. I just discovered Lee Curvy Fit pants and fit a 16 Plus but could probably manage a 14 plus. Only $30 a pop on Amazon so I'll just get new ones when these get too baggy. I got a jean skirt in standard 18 (not plus). I also have 2 pairs of "Performance" jeans from L.L. Bean in size 18 and they are loose on me, so 16 would be my actual size for those. Pants are really tough for me, I usually have to have my tailor take the waist in.

Current top size: 10-12, I usually go for a Medium from L.L. Bean and Lands' End. In Boden I'm usually a 10.

Current dress size: 12-14 depending on the cut. I go for full skirt dresses so I can buy based on my bust and waist size. Also stretch is good. I recently found the most amazing dress at Lands' End with a smocked back, that was a size 14 for me and didn't require tailoring. I also like their knit "Fit and Flare" dresses. I currently take a Large in those.

Based on what I was wearing last time I was at my target weight:
    bottoms: 12-14
    Tops: 8-10
    Dress: 10

I think the smallest size I've ever worn is size 8 bottoms when I was about 125 lbs as a teenager. Now that I'm almost 40, I'll be happy to be a 10-12.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Whelp I've dropped a bit more in inches... Almost there to one of many mini goals...

5'8, 147lbs
    4/6 pants
    Comfortable Medium shirt (yippee for that, arms are my problem area) :)
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    5'9", 163lbs (according to the frame calculators I'm small framed and straight or banana shaped)
    US size medium in tops, size 6 in pants (I can go as small as 4 at Old Navy however), dresses are shenanigans because of my height so I give up :p
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    150 lbs
    Shirt Size: Small
    Pant Size: 28-30
  • micropreemiemum
    micropreemiemum Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    5ft 1in
    108lbs
    UK size 6 for both bottoms and tops :)
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    5ft6.5" currently floating around 178lb, chest is currently 40" so M on top, 34" short on bottom, shopping in the UK can prove to be a nightmare for me
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    5'10", 160 right now ( :( - gained 5 pounds - I'm on deficit again). 38", 28", 40"
    size 10 bottoms, 8-12 or small-medium tops, depending on fit and makes.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    nm1nhwkluybq.png

Even standard sizing is confusing with the straight & curvy variation. Women's clothing likely needs even more variation due to the variations in our bodies.

Like a lot of women, who the heck knows?

39-30-39 at the moment at 5'6 and a 158.

So I guess I'm somewhere between a 12 and 14 bust, a 10 and 12 for waist, and 8 and 10 for hips.

Tried so-called curvy shorts at ON yesterday because they said they were for a smaller waist vs. hip. Too much fabric. Ended up in an 8 regular w/room in the waist still.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    nm1nhwkluybq.png

Even standard sizing is confusing with the straight & curvy variation. Women's clothing likely needs even more variation due to the variations in our bodies.

According to the U.S. misses sizes chart you posted I'm exactly a size 10 in measurements with 39" hips atm, or I could fit the 'uncurvy' size 8 in dress or pants. But in actuality, I'm still wearing my loose size 14 UK size pants. I don't have any US clothes except large pj's left. I've been wearing those for years no matter how my shape changes though (nice roomy elastic waist bands gotta love 'em).

I'm 170 cm, or 5' 7" tall.

I don't know my weight. This thread is giving me some vague idea of the range I'm in.

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5' 2.5" and 202lbs. I am down almost 49 lbs. and have about 50 to go.
    I wear a size 16 pants
    XL-XXL top (depending on the design) and we won't even talk about my bra size, lol.

I actually went out shopping this week and had a great time. Most of the items I put back were because they were too big. That was a great feeling. I even bought a 2 piece bathing suit that is not a tankini. I really want to show off my progress this summer.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 125.5 (trend weight) actual weight this morning 123.7. I just bought a pair of size 6 US jeans from American Eagle. My measurements on April 30th was 31-28-35.5 that was the last time I checked.