Options

Replies

• janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think I've commented here earlier, but I'm back. I've lost weight:

Height: 5'7.5"
    Weight: 164
    BFP: ~ 24% (Haven't measured in a while)
    I'm an "inverted triangle" shape... wide shoulders, narrow hips, thick waist but not like an apple shape really at all.

I currently shop for US size 10s but just tried on some 10s that were WAY too big... like I should have tried a 6, but that's an anomaly. I'm usually a 10 with a little room.

I bought a nice spring trench/anorak at the thrift store that is an XS. It fits. Lol. You KNOW I'm wearing that sucker every darn day.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    5'9''
    175lbs
    Size 32 waist

End goal: 165lbs and size 30 waist
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I went to the Columbia Outlet yesterday and had another fun encounter with vanity sizing/sizing inconsistency. I bought an XS hooded fleece jacket and a pair of size 6 convertible trekking pants. The fleece jacket was ridiculous. For one, I am 5'5" 125lbs. I am not an XS, let alone an XXS that I would have preferred to buy if they had any because the XS was a bit loose for my taste. However, it is a very cute jacket and my husband loved it on me, so I bought it, but I strongly disagree it is an XS.

I was in Gap once a couple of years back, during the worst of their size inflation and when I was unfortunately coincidentally at my skinniest - 35" hips, 28" waist and I had a pair of work pants from them in a size 2 that fit great, wanted a different color, I went to the store and grabbed a 2 but they were too big, and the sales associate looked at me in a very condescending way and said "You are NOT a size 2, you are obviously a zero or double zero." Well excuse me! For one thing I was a reasonably sized adult, and for another thing I was literally WEARING a size 2 in the same pants, and they fit.

Anyway - they have fixed it some, and I've put on some weight so more things fit now. But that sales lady, yikes!
  • dollydiva2
    dollydiva2 Posts: 71 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    37-27-36.5 (go me with my hourglass)
    I was looking at sizing charts today and particularly which shops are the worst for vanity sizing.
    My measurements put me at a UK 10/12
    Most of my newer size 12 clothes are too big on me now but my older stuff fits ok (before vanity sizing) I've been buying 10's lately.
  • honeysuckletea
    honeysuckletea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    130 lbs
    About a size 2-4
    18% body fat
    Definitely light/small frame, trying to get more toned!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    5'10"+
    209 pounds (goal weight is 190)
    large frame, REALLY long waist, very large on top, extremely muscular, broad shoulders
    jeans: US 8S
    dress pants: 8S or 10S
    tops: TL, sometimes TXL (no button-downs, EVER...would probably have to buy a 16 or larger and tailor down)
    dresses: mostly size 12, sometimes 14 if not stretchy/cut right for larger breasts.

Old Navy is WAY oversized...sorry, it is just plain true. Old Navy is the only place that I can ever fit into a size M. I am not medium by any stretch of the imagination.

• RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 9 inches tall
    32 Men's pants, Med Men's shirt

Dress Size - a Caitlyn Jenner Size 10
  • willworkoutforwine
    willworkoutforwine Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" 180lbs, hourglass shape but not sure of my current measurments

I hate how much sizes vary from brand to brand! I have a wide range in my closet but 12 is my go-to size right now and I'm hoping to be in a size 10 after I drop another 5ish lbs. I'll probably always wear a L top because I'm a DD cup and don't seem to lose much weight in that area very quickly. >:)
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    4'11"
    CW: 128
    I wear a size large in most things still. I was wearing mostly XL.
    Pants I am in M/L or 8/9 just depending on what brand/type of pant it is.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    This is really interesting . . . I haven't really taken my measurements lately!!

5'2" 154
    33 / 27.5 / 40
    Size 4, tops 2 or 4 the last pair of jeans I bought were a 2 and pants 4 - brands do vary greatly.

How do you fit in a size 4? Just curious because you're only a few inches taller than me and I weigh 128 lbs and fit size 8/9?
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    5'7", 166lbs, 13 pants, medium top, size 8 dress. im major pear shape if you couldnt tell. even when i was thin (136 lbs) I was in an 11 jean
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    This is really interesting . . . I haven't really taken my measurements lately!!

5'2" 154
    33 / 27.5 / 40
    Size 4, tops 2 or 4 the last pair of jeans I bought were a 2 and pants 4 - brands do vary greatly.

How do you fit in a size 4? Just curious because you're only a few inches taller than me and I weigh 128 lbs and fit size 8/9?

It has to do with where people hold their fat. That's why this post is so interesting. You can see people at the same weight/height with greatly varying clothing sizes. I'm the same height as Adc7225 an weigh 101-103 right now. I'm comfiest in a size 5 jean because I am pear shaped. She's probably an apple with a skinny butt and legs. I can squeeze in a size 0, but I'm not a fan of the sausage effect. In actuality, the size that has always fit me best is a kids size 12.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    RWClary wrote: »
    I am 5 foot 9 inches tall
    32 Men's pants, Med Men's shirt

Dress Size - a Caitlyn Jenner Size 10

HahahahahHa!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options

5'2" 154
    33 / 27.5 / 40

See what puzzled me about this one was that a hip measurement of 40" would put someone in a 12 in most brands, and by the standard as well.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    5' 4.5" and 127lb. I am a solid size small
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »

5'2" 154
    33 / 27.5 / 40

See what puzzled me about this one was that a hip measurement of 40" would put someone in a 12 in most brands, and by the standard as well.

Exactly. My hips were about 40" before losing, and I was a tight size 10. Her other measurements are smaller, 33 inch bust would be small or extra small(maybe 0-2) and 27.5 waist would be somewhere around a size 4-6.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »

5'2" 154
    33 / 27.5 / 40

Exactly. My hips were about 40" before losing, and I was a tight size 10. Her other measurements are smaller, 33 inch bust would be small or extra small(maybe 0-2) and 27.5 waist would be somewhere around a size 4-6.

My hips are about 41" & my jean shorts are 12's & they are loose. I am guessing that I'd be in 10's because I know the 8's I have are too tight. No way could I get my hips in a size 4 pant unless the store has changed their sizes drastically like Lane Bryant did the last couple years I was morbidly obese--I had some of their jeans that were marked size 4 or size 6 that were more like 24 or 26. That was confusing & I'm not sure what the point was. When you are a size 24 or 26 person, you know you are not a size 4 or 6, no matter what it says on your pants label. All it did was make it more difficult for me to determine what clothes would actually fit me in an already small market.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    5'0"
    130 lbs
    30" pants
    M shirt
  • melaniemarie486
    melaniemarie486 Posts: 10 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Syneea wrote: »
    5'9" athletic build, narrow hips, wide shoulders.

Weight and sizes over the past 12 years:
    At 160-170lb I am a US size 8/10
    At 155-160lb I am a US size 6/8
    At 150-155lb I am a US size 4/6
    At 135-145lb I am a US size 2/4
    At 126-135lb I am a US size 0/2

Those first three sizes are me exactly on the bottom and I'm 5'8 with an athletic build as well. Are those your sizes on the top And bottom?? I can wear sleeveless/tank tops in those sizes as my midsection is somewhat small (27 inches) but with my 12 inch arms (although "toned") I can't fit into anything lower than an 8/10. I'm down to 152 now.. I figure ten more pounds will get me there. :)

I wear a s or xs in tops. Yesterday, I purchased a US size 2/26 jean. My weight today is 151.5 lb (10.8 stone) and my measurements today are 31" chest, 33.5" bust, 27.5" waist, 36" hip.