Xxs-Xs petite at loft
    24 pants
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    ying_ax wrote: »
    5'0

Ps. It's hard to find pants size 00short

Try finding 00 tall, LOL. I was skinny-ish a couple years back (from stress and not enough to eat) and with size inflation ended up getting completely sized out of existence. Had 35" hips and 33" inseam. It is much easier to hem things shorter than to find them long, and though I am not that tall, the rise is usually too short in regular length pants, even if the legs are long enough.

Mind you, I was a size 7 with the same measurements years before, often a 9 in dresses. So it's not that I got super tiny, it was that size inflation had happened in the meantime.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    5ft 8, currently 149-150 lbs (around 68kg/10st 9-10lbs)

sizing varies depending on the brand etc.

Jeans - UK size 10
    Dresses / tops UK size 8-10

It's interesting looking on this thread seeing how weight has no real bearing on people's shape/sizing.
  • fatpants1974
    fatpants1974 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'9"
    150 lbs.
    size 8 or 29" pants
    Medium shirts
  • ying_ax
    ying_ax Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    ying_ax wrote: »
    5'0

Ps. It's hard to find pants size 00short

Try finding 00 tall, LOL.

I hear you girl.. I try to stay with the same brand because I know they will fit me. It's sad when see something really nice and none of your size is available! I row my pants up lol

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    5'5", 125lbs, size 4-8. Depends on the manufacturer, color of the sky that day. I have a lot of extra skin, so there is that mess.
  • Kelly9405
    Kelly9405 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    5'6, 127 pounds

Size 4/6 jeans and size Small in tops
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    What is the point of these kind of threads? I don't mean to be cranky, but really. What is the point?
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    What is the point of these kind of threads? I don't mean to be cranky, but really. What is the point?
    I thought it was just to see what size clothing people wear at a certain height and weight. Although this thread has shown that people do differ in clothing size even for the same height and weight, it can be somewhat useful for people to see what size they could fit at a different weight.

• mrs_madison_keane
    mrs_madison_keane Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    5'7''
    119lbs
    US size 0/2 depending on the brand
    XS/S tops also depending on the brand
  • MiniNyoom
    MiniNyoom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    5'2" 115 lbs
    Usually a small in tops/dresses
    But I have anywhere from size 5 to size 8 dresses
    I have no boobs and large hips though so my pants are usually between small for leggings and 7/8/9 for jeans
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    I thought it was just to see what size clothing people wear at a certain height and weight. Although this thread has shown that people do differ in clothing size even for the same height and weight, it can be somewhat useful for people to see what size they could fit at a different weight.

Problem is, sizing isn't standardized. At all.

• Mindylee143
    Mindylee143 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", between 165 and 170 lbs. right now. I wear a medium in tops, workout clothes, dresses, etc...usually an 8 for pants - but depending on the brand and cut, I sometimes wear a 6. I have a lot of muscle...used to weigh 150 before I started lifting. Comfortably wearing the same clothes now that I did at 150, so I think that's interesting. Goes to show that scale weight really means nothing in the grand scheme of things.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    What is the deal with Old Navy? I'm 5'3" and 115, usually wear 0-2 or XS. Yes, I shop at Old Navy and Gap, but need the same sizes if I go to Walmart or Target. Sometimes, I go for junior's (maybe JC Penney or similar) and need 3-5. Target stuff usually doesn't fit, though. Their XS tops are too big, and the pants are made too skinny in the lower leg (I have muscles). I do have a cute dress from Target, size XS. It might be junior's, not sure.

I also can't fit in Target jeans, no matter what size I am my calves never fit unless its too big at my waist!
    Right now, I'm 5'6" and 160. I'm pear shaped so I'm usually still a small in tops my jeans are an American Eagle 8, also have a pair of shorts that are a 10 that fit and a pair of jeans that are a 6 that fit but are a little tighter than I'd like them to be.

When I was at my goal weight of 120 2 years ago (gained some weight back obviously), I wore a 0 in American Eagle jeans, could occasionally fit in some 00s, XS dresses and XS tops. I'd be happy to get to a size 2 jeans and XS top again!
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    5'5
    Size 12
    155lbs

Im not too bothered about my weight (scales) per se but I have "extra belly flab" which requires trimming so that I can squeeze into tight/slutty clothing - smooth silhouette :p
  • jonesheaven2016
    jonesheaven2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    230 lbs
    L-XL in tops
    14-18 in bottoms (depending on brands an such but mostly I'm in 16s)
    Waist is 37"
    Bust is 41"
    Hips are 45"
  • melaniemarie486
    melaniemarie486 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5'9" athletic build, narrow hips, wide shoulders.

Weight and sizes over the past 12 years:
    At 160-170lb I am a US size 8/10
    At 155-160lb I am a US size 6/8
    At 150-155lb I am a US size 4/6
    At 135-145lb I am a US size 2/4
    At 126-135lb I am a US size 0/2
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »
    It's amazing how everyone carries their weight so differently. I'm 5' 2.5", 184 lbs this morning (thank you regain!). I'm 46-35-43 & am in that awkward stage where my 16's are now too big & I can fit into my 14's, but I squish a little over the top. I have to wear form fitting shirts (XL of course due to the girls) or I just look like a shapeless blob. I prefer not to have any muffin top showing, so right now I'm just tugging my pants up every time I stand up. Even when I was at my preferred weight of 150 lbs last year, I was still wearing a 12 in jeans & XL tops (my chest doesn't really go away).

So, my original response to this thread was on Dec. 14, 2015. About 14 weeks ago. I'm now:

155 lbs, 5 lbs from my goal
    44"-30.5"-41"

I'm wearing my 14 jeans belted because they are the smallest size I own & I don't want to buy any more right now. I have size 12 shorts that I've been wearing as well & they need belted too, so I think I need size 10. I have a bunch of Old Navy size 8's on the shelf in my closet from when my oldest was still wearing female clothes & I put a pair on the other day & could zip & button them, but I had major muffin top & they were much, much tighter than I wear my pants. Still, I used to not even be able to get them up over my thighs so that's improvement.

I'm most excited that I tried on a "goal" dress in size 12. Last time I put it on I could get it zipped, but I couldn't fit my chest into it. I had to take a lot of liberty with the plunge neckline. This time, I can fit into it if I'm not wearing a bra. Sooo excited. There is no stretch in that fabric, so I should be able to buy some size 12 dresses with some stretch & be able to fit into them with the proper undergarments. But, still wearing XL in tops.

• Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    5'9" athletic build, narrow hips, wide shoulders.

Weight and sizes over the past 12 years:
    At 160-170lb I am a US size 8/10
    At 155-160lb I am a US size 6/8
    At 150-155lb I am a US size 4/6
    At 135-145lb I am a US size 2/4
    At 126-135lb I am a US size 0/2

Those first three sizes are me exactly on the bottom and I'm 5'8 with an athletic build as well. Are those your sizes on the top And bottom?? I can wear sleeveless/tank tops in those sizes as my midsection is somewhat small (27 inches) but with my 12 inch arms (although "toned") I can't fit into anything lower than an 8/10. I'm down to 152 now.. I figure ten more pounds will get me there. :)