What is Your Ht/Wt & Size Clothing?

Options

Replies

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I have a weird problem. My waist is 32ish but my thighs don't fit into my pants anymore coz of the squats. I wear a size 38 slim suit and now I have had to buy bigger and tailor down. A completely bespoke suit falls north of 800 bucks and that will make me poor. Weight training comes with disadvantages.

This is also why I have carefully avoided upper body building. If my neck crosses 15.5 inch, shirts bigger than that will fit like a tent.
    I can understand your situation. Having a hip size of 35" is pretty small for a guy, but also having a 27-27.5" waist means that jeans that fit well in waist are a bit baggy in the hips/thighs. While at the same time, jeans that fit well in the waist barely fit my hips/thighs. This is one reason why I am hesitant to gain muscle in my legs.
    Not to mention, a lot of T-shirts that fit well in my shoulders are loose at the waist, while those that fit well at the waist are a bit tight farther up. So it is with having a low body fat percentage…
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and fluctuate between 115-118 for the most part. Sometimes, it can be a bit more drastic as I have inflammation issues from auto-immune issues. I wear a small to medium top and size 4 pants ... my body composition is changing because before, those size 4 pants were a perfect fit everywhere. However, my rear end is slimming down and now I have a slight bagginess in the seat but size 2 pants are too small for me. Plus I don't have much of a curve as my body type is more straight up and down.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    5' - 114 lbs. - size 0 pants
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    5'3.5"; 246 lbs.
    Womens Plus size 20 top, 22 pants
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    5'6", 152lbs
    Size US 6-8 (womens) or 9-11 (juniors?) pants/dresses
    Size US M-L top

At this time last year, I was about 1 size bigger in everything. Slow progress but I'm very pleased with my consistency so far :)
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" Almost at my size 4 again. I'm a 6 right now.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Dreysander wrote: »
    Ugh it's so frusterating to me that people my height and weight are so much smaller than I am.
    Do not get frustrated.. I know I don't anymore!!! EVERYONE has different body types. You can have very similar women with the same height but have different body shapes and sizes. Just love the body you were born with. Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm so over it I refuse to do that anymore.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Height: 165 cm
    Weight: 10:6 lbs
    Clothing Size: Small
  • NASAwife13
    NASAwife13 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    175#
    5ft 6in-ish
    Pants size-12-14
    Shirts M-L
  • ImNancyLynn
    ImNancyLynn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    5'8" 168 Size 10 jeans and sometimes size 12 and m-l tops. I ordered two of the exact pair of pants from Macys, different colors in size 10. The solid color is a perfect fit the cute camo is super tight.. same brand and everything???
  • mollybethtaylor
    mollybethtaylor Posts: 39 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Height: 1.58m (5'2")
    Current Weight: 56kg (123 lbs)

I'm generally a size AUS 6 (US 2) in bottoms and a size AUS 8 (US 4) in tops but it varies depending on brands :)
  • candtw
    candtw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree. I am 5'2" 155lbs and I wear size 12 bottoms and large top! So frustrating!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    5'1.5", 115 lbs, size 0/1 or XS. I can fit a kids 14 quite well for pants (narrow hips).

Vanity sizing is real -- my measurements are pretty much what they were when I graduated high school 28 years ago, but back then I wore a 5/6.

Yes, the sizing is very different now. I'm 20lbs heavier than in high school (early 90s), my measurements are a couple inches bigger now. Wore a size 9/10 back then (5'6, 125-130ish). I wear a size 6 now (5'7, 147 currently).

I'll likely be a size 2 at my favorite store at goal. And that's the smallest they carry (outside of the petites section, which I am not). I feel for the women who are more slender, yet not petite in height, than me. Where the heck do they shop (assuming mid/low priced casual wear) , now that they've been "pushed" out of the new standard of sizing?
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    5'2, 183lbs, 12-14 bottoms, L-XL tops
  • Melzine
    Melzine Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    Size 14-16 pants
    Shirts XL-1x but the I'm thinking about getting 2x
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't know . Last pair of pants I bought were 16/17. But I weigh 151 now. probably 21 pounds less than then. So I'll Have to figure out a new size to get. I know I tryed on the 16/17 and they seem baggie now.
  • breelovesgoldy
    breelovesgoldy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 168cm tall i weigh 64k and am size aus 10 pants and small tops
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    5'4" 153 lbs 8 pants and medium tops/dress
  • stardust1954
    stardust1954 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm still huge. 5'4", 234lbs and size 22/24.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    5'4.5" and it's been 2 months since I posted here. Took me that long to lose a little over 8 lbs, which has put me solidly into a size 2, with an occasional 0 at certain stores. (I guess Old Navy runs bigger, I've steadily been one size down from ON, compared to most other stores.) For some reason, most brand dress pants seem to be about a size up, too, although depending upon the cut, a belt can help with that. For tops, I'm weird—a small fits great, but if it is a numbered-size blouse, I still need an 8 or it gaps in the front, which drives me crazy. This also makes finding dresses that fit right a bit of a pain. Stretchy fabric, ftw!