What is Your Ht/Wt & Size Clothing?

Options

Replies

• ashleyfayefit
    ashleyfayefit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'2
    155lbs
    size 9 bottom, Medium tops (sometimes large due to chest size)
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    5'7

130-135

size 'what?' bottom:
    ON -- high rise 6 too big, low rise 8 too small
    Target -- could probably squeeze into a zero, 2's range from 'slightly loose' to 'muffin top but somehow falling off???'
    Stopped trying at Wal-mart when the 4's got too big

(can't remember my measurements exactly, but I know they point to what's supposed to be a 6-8 on most size charts. LOL no)

size 'XS-L' top (depending on length more than anything)

Bras are probably the most frustrating. Measure for one thing, but trying on everything in that range gives every indication they're not right. I have everything from 32F to 36DD

No idea on dresses. My one dress is a 'one size, S/M' that claims to fit from 0-14 and adjusts at chest (corset-style closure) and waist (belt). I think size 14 me would have found it too tight at its loosest, but 'supposed to be 8' me finds it a bit too loose at its tightest.

I hate vanity sizing. Hated it when I was fat, hate it even more now. If your size chart says I SHOULD wear an 8, an 8 should freaking fit. Sure body shape will change that factor a bit, but when it ends up being a ZERO that fits, you have done something wrong. It doesn't make me feel better about myself: it makes me worry that if I lose two more pounds I'll have to shop in the kid's section... except that won't work either, cause I'm still pretty curvy! XD
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    5'7

130-135

size 'what?' bottom:
    Target -- could probably squeeze into a zero, 2's range from 'slightly loose' to 'muffin top but somehow falling off???'

(can't remember my measurements exactly, but I know they point to what's supposed to be a 6-8 on most size charts. LOL no)

Bras are probably the most frustrating. Measure for one thing, but trying on everything in that range gives every indication they're not right. I have everything from 32F to 36DD

No idea on dresses. My one dress is a 'one size, S/M' that claims to fit from 0-14 and adjusts at chest (corset-style closure) and waist (belt). I think size 14 me would have found it too tight at its loosest, but 'supposed to be 8' me finds it a bit too loose at its tightest.

I hate vanity sizing. Hated it when I was fat, hate it even more now. If your size chart says I SHOULD wear an 8, an 8 should freaking fit. Sure body shape will change that factor a bit, but when it ends up being a ZERO that fits, you have done something wrong. It doesn't make me feel better about myself: it makes me worry that if I lose two more pounds I'll have to shop in the kid's section... except that won't work either, cause I'm still pretty curvy! XD

Definitely! I will go back to stores again and again when they have a size small that fits me. I will never shop there again when the xs fits me like it should be labeled medium.
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    5'2, 120lbs, US size 0-2 in pants and xs/small in shirts
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    5'6
    148 lbs
    Size 8 (US), Medium tops

• mymfpesk
    mymfpesk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'6 175 lbs. size 8-10 pants size 6-8 dress 36DDD M tops
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    5' 4"
    150 lbs
    Medium in most shirts
    Size 9 junior's jeans pretty straight across most brands (I still wear juniors oops)
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    5'6" 195lb and size 12-14 on pants size L to XL on top real fun to shop can never tell if something is going to fit without trying it on when i was skinny size 4-6 i would just buy stuff off the rack without trying it on and it would fit fine now i spend more time trying clothes on and less time actually buying clothes
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Ht 5'7" and heavily pear shape.

@ 225 lbs dresses/Pants size 16; shirts L/XL - So to show how theoretical: I have a few pants and skirts from H&M, One of their 16 is too large (curvy cut); one is very tight (straight/no hips cut). One 14 fits but is tight and another 14 fits very well!

@197 lbs. Size 14; Shirts M (maybe I've always "naturally" gone for brands that size high? I should be a couple of sizes higher imo)

A-line dresses I can go a size down; if strapless I MUST go a size down :(
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »
    Ht 5'7" and heavily pear shape.

@197 lbs. Size 14; Shirts M (maybe I've always "naturally" gone for brands that size high? I should be a couple of sizes higher imo)

A-line dresses I can go a size down; if strapless I MUST go a size down :(

Not necesarrily ('re:shirt size) if you're pear shaped I'd expect your upper body to be smaller
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    5'7

130-135

size 'what?' bottom:

Definitely! I will go back to stores again and again when they have a size small that fits me. I will never shop there again when the xs fits me like it should be labeled medium.

I have really started to wonder about this as I have lost weight. I only lost about 30# and I went from needing a Large or 12-14 - to needing a 2-4 and XS-S. I am 5'7 and 135-138#. I am not XS. It has really made me wonder what truly small women have to do. I suspect they are shopping in the kid department.

On the other hand, I do think when you spend more money and get into designer things, the sizes go back down. I ordered a pair of "OMG I cannot believe I am spending this much money on a pair of jeans online" jeans and even ordered them in a size bigger than I had been wearing because it was where my measurements were and because the size I was wearing was the smallest size listed (no way the smallest size should fit me). They are about 1-2 sizes too small despite going up a size. I can squeeze into them, but they look painted on.
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Amazing how everyone carries their weight differently!

I'm 5'4" (Female), 194 pounds.
    I wear size 12 pants, size L/XL tops.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Ht: 5'4" Wt: 126-130 (used to be 230 pounds prior to June 2014)
    Size 2-4 in pants
    Size US Small in shirts

Strangely enough, size range 4-8 in dresses depending on how the bust is cut (I have 34D bust).

I actually have a medium to large frame (was always told I have a 'heavy skeletal structure', but I have a low body fat % at this point due to Isagenix nutritional program and short distance running (3-6 miles per run)). I have very little excess 'anything' with the exception of residual small belly pooch from being 230 pounds a year and a half ago. I am trying to continue abdominal training to get that to go away, but I know it may never disappear.

I don't know my waist or hip measurements...haven't taken them since I was over 170 pounds.

I have NEVER taken my measurements 0.o and I lost 91 lbs lol

I do it but I obviously suck at it.
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    5'7

130-135

size 'what?' bottom:

I have really started to wonder about this as I have lost weight. I only lost about 30# and I went from needing a Large or 12-14 - to needing a 2-4 and XS-S. I am 5'7 and 135-138#. I am not XS. It has really made me wonder what truly small women have to do. I suspect they are shopping in the kid department.

On the other hand, I do think when you spend more money and get into designer things, the sizes go back down. I ordered a pair of "OMG I cannot believe I am spending this much money on a pair of jeans online" jeans and even ordered them in a size bigger than I had been wearing because it was where my measurements were and because the size I was wearing was the smallest size listed (no way the smallest size should fit me). They are about 1-2 sizes too small despite going up a size. I can squeeze into them, but they look painted on.

Lost significantly more than 30 lbs, but went from 16-18 (target 14-16), to... well.. this. Similar height and weight to you, same size. When I was skinnier than now (and also quite muscular) as a teen, I was in 5-7. Ordered some size 7 pants out of China based off so many people complaining the sizing was 'off' (too small - WAY too small) and took a gamble that they were sized according to the real measurements given on the sizing chart. They fit *exactly* how I'd expect a size 7 pants from my teen years to fit me now: ever so slightly tight since I'm a bit heavier and flabbier now.

Seriously: either the vanity sizing needs to stop, or the size charts need adjusted accordingly. XD
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5 and currently weighing 162lbs. After losing 19lbs I am down to a size 8 which I found out a few days ago, I was a size 12 before when I weighed 181. I thought I wouldn't be a size 8 until I got to 150lbs which is my goal for now.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and hover between 105-108 (thanks, Christmas treats and lack of willpower). I wear a 0, maybe a 2, but usually have to get a petite length. It is crazy though how certain stores size their clothing. I can't wear anything at some places, not even an XS, and I am by no means exceptionally tiny. End result, most of my clothes come from the same place.
  • awesomefulninja
    awesomefulninja Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5'6" and 130 lbs. Measurements are 33.5"-27"-38".

Currently wearing a few sizes in pants.. I have size 3, 4, 5, and size 6 pants that all fit fine, different brands (juniors and women's sizes). Shirts, sweaters, and jackets are generally X-Small, sometimes Small. Dresses are generally small, I guess. I don't have much for dresses, so not 100% sure.

It's interesting to see how much size can vary even at the same height and weight :)
  • 11ria12
    11ria12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5'2", 125 lb., 2-4 or S in all clothing departments.
    Trying to get to that XS!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm another one who's fairly consistent with sizing between Old Navy and other stores.

I'm 5'1.5", 138 with a medium frame
    I wear a size 6 on the bottom and either medium or small top (large breasts with small rib cage)

With stretchy bottoms like leggings/yoga pants, I take either a medium or small, depending where they're from.
  • WWbuffydo
    WWbuffydo Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    5ft4 and probably between 120-130lbs (I haven't weighted myself in almost a year, so can't say for sure). I wear an American size 4 usually but i own some size 2 and size 6 stuff as well