What is Your Ht/Wt & Size Clothing?

Options

Replies

• Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    5'10", 156lbs.
    Tops: I wear anything from a 4-8
    Pants: 8-12, with most pants being 10-11. The hip bones are the really deciding factor here, even when I was 135 lbs in college I was still an 8.

Thank you! I hate when someone says my bf% must be high for my weight, height, and size to coincide like they do. It's like "You calling me skinny fat or what?" Hip bones are not going anywhere, no matter how much bf% I lose :)
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and 148 lbs and I'm in a 6 pants/dress now but they're a little tight. Medium tops/dresses.
    When I'm at my goal of 130 lbs, I wear a 4, Small tops.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    @Kettle_Belle14, you are not alone! We were talking about 90s fashions at work the other day. The subject of overalls came up. All of the other girls loved them. I didn't, it is not a flattering look when you hips are wider than your shoulders.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    bshave81 wrote: »
    5'10"
    32W Waist
    Medium Shirt size

lol, I wasn't sure if guys weren't allowed in the thread or not.

5' 10"
    181lbs
    32 inch waist on my jeans
    Medium shirts, or large if I want them baggy
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    What is the deal with Old Navy? I'm 5'3" and 115, usually wear 0-2 or XS. Yes, I shop at Old Navy and Gap, but need the same sizes if I go to Walmart or Target. Sometimes, I go for junior's (maybe JC Penney or similar) and need 3-5. Target stuff usually doesn't fit, though. Their XS tops are too big, and the pants are made too skinny in the lower leg (I have muscles). I do have a cute dress from Target, size XS. It might be junior's, not sure.

In to hear what the deal is with Old Navy, and also to say that I find Target clothes kinda strange. They don't fit me. What is up with that?

I like reading all the stats, but it can set up some negative comparisons (personally)... I really hate my gut area. I almost wonder if it's genetic - my aunts all had thick middles. I work out with resistance bands & light weights, starting to add very light running... need to get a barbell to lift or something. Deathly afraid of injury (history of back injuries) and way too timid for a gym.

I'd also like to know about Old Navy. I wear the same sizes there that I do everywhere else, but I ALWAYS hear about ON "vanity sizing" like crazy. I've also heard someone say one time that Old Navy was "the fat ladies version of Gap" and I wanted to slap them!!!

I can't talk for everyone, but the time I bought pants at ON I was fitting in a 2, and I was wearing a 8 of my favorite jeans brand (Lee) at the time. And I have a medium/large frame, I'm 34 D so not exactly flat, and I fit in some of their XS tops just fine (but for their tanks I feel more comfortable in S or M). And their S dresses fit perfectly.

I honestly wonder what thin women can actually wear there (I'm 34/30/36 so not quite thin). Quite sure I'd be a L or something in Europe.

Someone commented about muffin tops - with my build (hear - wide waist and most of the leftover fat in the midsection) I pretty much always end up with one. I can't wear low rise jeans because they look ridiculous, but my high rise 6s are a bit loose (I can take them off without unbuttoning them) and STILL give me a bit of a muffin top, while too loose on the butt and legs. I think it's a losing battle, I can't imagine losing more body fat because the rest of my body is seriously getting skinny, so I just blame genetics (my mom is the same shape, but she's always been overweight, so I don't have much to compare to, and my twin sister is bigger than me).

Just a question, if you measure 34 across the bust how can you be a 34d bra size? You would have to measure 38 inches to be that (and 34 inches below the bust)?

You're probably right. I honestly don't know how to measure my bust, so it's probably 38? I always assumed that the number was your bust measurement, I guess I was wrong. I know it depends a lot on the bra brand though...

Girl, you must be wearing the wrong size bra: https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide
    A bra that fits correctly is so much more comfortable.

Agreed!!! And I wish I had known long ago that there are bands smaller than 32 (as a dancer constantly dealing with a band riding up over my breasts), and even smaller than 30. And known how to properly measure myself. And that cup size isn't a standard measurement, but changes with band size. Yes, it's extremely important! And also for small ladies there are many bralette options (I like Aerie). And clips you can use to make a bra racer back. Or bras that are or become racer back. And junior sizes bra companies are made for people with a smaller frame (fit better than the same size in another brand). And you can order smaller sizes online. And some boutique bra shops have a wider size range option.
  • bustedsweetie
    bustedsweetie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    5'8
    189lbs
    43-33-47
    Size 16-18 UK.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6"
    Currently about 177.
    Don't know my measurements at the moment.
    Wearing 10s in jeans.
    Medium in tops, sweaters, jackets.
    Still wear my same coats, mostly larges for layering. I have a hella broad pair of shoulders on me that won't be going anywhere via weight loss. I'll never be a small on top.
    At 200 lbs I wore 12 jeans.
  • scolaris
    Options
    I worked in landscaping and I'm kinda carney side show strong.
  • scolaris
    edited December 2015
    Options
    When I'm chubby, carrying a purse & trying to wear heels all at once I bear a very strong resemblance to robin Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire.
    Dress sizes? Don't even get me started!!!
    I only wear dresses that stretch.
  • BudhiRooh
    BudhiRooh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    5' 11''
    199 lbs
    I wear size 14 and L ...
  • neplainjanepas
    neplainjanepas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    When I'm chubby, carrying a purse & trying to wear heels all at once I bear a very strong resemblance to robin Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire.
    Dress sizes? Don't even get me started!!!
    I only wear dresses that stretch.

Though I seriously doubt you bare any resemblance to mrs doubtfire, I found your post hilarious!!
  • neplainjanepas
    neplainjanepas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    5'6, 118 lbs and usually for dresses I'm a 1-2.
    Keeping in mind I have a fairly small frame, and have been weight gaining and weight training since September! I'm hoping to gain another 10lbs in 2016
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    All the replies! I think we're all learning that there's more to it than the number on the tag.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    5'3", 124, Size 4
  • isabelleeva90
    isabelleeva90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'8
    Current weight 113lbs (goal 125lbs)
    US size 4-6
  • BiondaM
    BiondaM Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5'5 (used to be 5'6...sigh), 145. I'm apple shaped so large top, medium bottom depending on manufacturer. Vanity size 10.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    5'3" 115lbs. 47 years old, small frame. Pant size 2. I can actually wear Jr. size clothing. If I get up to 120 lbs, I bump up a size or 2. During the summer, I'm around 112 lbs.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Seeing what the average size may be based upon weight/hight.

Me: 145.2 lbs "large frame" 6-10 depending on brand; mostly an 8. Size Medium tops.

Different for everyone depending on muscle mass.

I was 5"11 355 lbs size 48-50 and a 5xl shirt

went to 5"11 182lbs size 29-30 pants and small/ medium shirt

currently 5"11" 225-230lbs size 34 paints, large shirt
  • fat2fitshley
    fat2fitshley Posts: 50 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    5' 1" 134 pounds and I wear an 8S and usually a medium in tops, sometimes a small. Bust 38 (edited because I put the wrong # oops), Waist 29, and Hips 36.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    5'8, 180 pounds.
    Pants: 10-12 US, depending on brand and cut.
    T-shirts: small
    Button down shirts: L-XL because of my wide shoulders
    Measurements: 35-27.5-42