Supplements eating into my calories!!

Options
13»

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Are you still eating 100-1100 calories per day,and not eating back exercise calories, to lose 1-2lb a week?

I know you are only petite, but you may want to look at upping your calories and lowering your weekly weight loss goal so you get a better nutrient range.

If you are now eating 1200 calories plus exercise calories, try pre planning your protien for the day and let your fats and carbs fall where they may.

I tend to use a protien drink for days when I know my meals are going to leave me a little short. I mix it with water and just sip on it during the day so it doesn't fill me up. I don't use it as a meal substitute.

Cheers, h.
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Yes, still eating 1000-1100 calories per day and not eating back exercise calories. I do preplan the day, but I'd been focusing on calories rather than on protein. I can try to change that emphasis. I have a protein-rich food at each meal - Greek yogurt in the morning with my fruit; 4 oz tofu cubes in my salad at lunch (plus 1 tbsp hummus as dressing); roasted veggies for dinner over quinoa or similar grains. And I do use 1/2 scoop of the powder at a time when I use it. My aloe vera juice (Lily of the Desert, after researching & reading reviews) DOES come out at 4 calories per 2 oz as stated on the label - my error - I relied on preprogramming in MFP, which had 38 calories for this amount. I should know better about that database by now! Thanks for all of your input. I will keep trying to tweak this.