Are you guys gonna quit the diet for christmas?

Options

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    kindof. I'm going to enjoy them but hopefully keep it to one day, but yum...leftovers...
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Yes and No.
    Only Christmas day and boxing day will a free for all but even then I will try not to be too greedy, I am going to set my goal to maintain and still log everything (even if it only roughly).
    The other days I am going to eat at deficit as normal.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    For the following dates, Yes:

Christmas Eve
    Christmas Day
    New Years Eve
    My Birthday (Jan 3rd)

Right back on track for all the other days though! :)
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Christmas Day I'm eating whatever the check I want, as much as I want. That said, we usually only eat 2 meals--brunch and dinner. We are only doing a turkey breast roast and not planning on any really rich sides so non snack food should be easy to keep in check. Its the cookies and chocolate that will put me over.
  • Vcorz
    Vcorz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Most people I know quit the diet during the holidays, despite best intentions....you enjoy yourself, you get a little belly for a month or two, you lose it later.......
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    For me, the question would be if I'm going to go over maintenance, since I have been maintaining for 2 years. The answer is I will save up calories for Christmas so that I don't go over maintenance.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I don't plan to, we don't focus as much on food during Christmas as we do during thanksgiving so it shouldn't be hard to stay on track.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Probably. But that's just life. You've got to have room for a little indulgence here and there or you'll go nuts.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    What diet? LOL

For real though, I'm going to try and stay reasonable. I had a total "Let it Go" day on Thanksgiving, which spilled into the next three days, and I'm still recovering.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on eating over maintenance for sure. Well actually, I plan on eating at maintenance, but my family loves roast potatoes, so we always make an absolutely obscene amount of them, and then everyone thinks it's a shame to let them go to waste so we go back for seconds and then thirds on them :)
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    I plan on cooking and enjoying my meal with my family. A meal...which means I don't need to eat 2-3 plates of food like I did last year. I will eat a large slice of pie but I don't need to eat half the pie. I'm not concerned about how many calories I consume on that day but I'm definitely not going to stuff my face all day because it's Christmas.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    No. I will follow a weekly calorie goal and fit in the stuff I want, as usual.

Merry Christmas
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    No. I still need to take insulin for what I'm eating on Christmas. Why make figuring out the carb counts more of a pain-in-the-butt by not using MFP? It doesn't mean that I might eat at my maintenance for a few days during the next few weeks.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I generally try to be good on the actual holiday but usually fall short at dinner. So, yes and no. In December I make it my goal to maintain. Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas, and New Years Eve make it difficult to lose.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Nah...I eat pretty much what I want anyways, and I'm always full when I leave the table....I might go over my calories a couple of times, but I'll most likely be prepared for that by working out earlier in the day...Life, gotta live it! xo
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    No way, I am on a roll and want to be down another 5 pounds by Jan 1st
  • rachcamp8
    rachcamp8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am definitely eating everything, just using a small plate. It works so I don't feel deprived! Merry Christmas everyone!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I plan not to limit myself on Christmas day and Boxing day, but if I were to overeat the whole holiday season I'd undo my hard work.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I take a break from counting on holidays. Doesn't necessarily mean that I go over my maintenance, I just like having a break from thinking about food when these special days come around.

I won't be tracking on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    All of the cookies. And fudge. And cake balls. YUM! Christmas comes but once a year (too quickly, if you ask me!) As a kid, I used to get super excited about the presents under the tree. Now, I just get all giddy about all of the delicious treats. I'm traveling 1,000 miles one way to visit family, so that means about 4.5 days in the car with my own family. Chocolate won't be a treat for me, It'll be self-medication to keep me from jumping out the window on the highway.