Are you guys gonna quit the diet for christmas?

Options

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I am not quitting anything. I will eat lots of delicious foods over the Christmas-New Year arc and I will probably gain a couple of pounds. Then I will run a bit of a deficit to work them back off over the next several weeks.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    For me, it's not a "diet", it's a "lifestyle", so NO. I will continue to track accurately, and do my best to make good food choices-- focusing on high fiber veggie and protein-rich foods. Will I have a cookie or a fudge ball? Most likely. Will I log them like any other day? Yes. Will I feel guilty about it. NO.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'll probably stop counting after today, to be honest. Did the same thing last year, gained 7 lbs in 2 weeks and lost it all by the middle of January. Sometimes it's nice to be a normal person and just not give a crap. LOL
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance, but even if I was trying to lose weight, one little day is pretty irrelevant. I will enjoy myself and not worry about it. I'll be on the slopes for three days next week anyway so my TDEE is going to be sky high.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    No. I eat normal food not a restrictive diet plan so I will eat and log fairly normally through the holidays.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I love tasting all the varieties of delicious food on a holiday. However, I don't like the super-full, nauseated feeling post-meal. So my plan is to eat a little of everything, only one plate, and have a small dessert. I'll still go over maintenance, and that's okay. I also only drink water/unsweet iced tea/black coffee anyway, so I won't be drinking my calories.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I am not on a "diet". I am making 24/7/365 changes to my lifestyle. I my goal is to make changes that work for me in all circumstances. I don't want to eat the way I used to. Why would I? I don't want to go to feeling the way I used to feel. Portion control solves most food choice challenges. My goal is to lose 2-3 lb by the end of the year, not to gain 10. Who's with me?
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I am not on a "diet". I am making 24/7/365 changes to my lifestyle. I my goal is to make changes that work for me in all circumstances. I don't want to eat the way I used to. Why would I? I don't want to go to feeling the way I used to feel. Portion control solves most food choice challenges. My goal is to lose 2-3 lb by the end of the year, not to gain 10. Who's with me?

Me too. Lifestyle change, no intention of returning to my old ways.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I'll forgive myself the parties and dinners (there aren't many) knowing that as long as I'm on track after, I'll lose whatever I gain. I'm neurotic enough about this calorie business. Some situations need to stay sacred.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I don't use the word diet. I choose to eat healthy 80/20. For the holidays I will be happy with 70/30 and limit my alcohol intake.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'll do my best to eat at maintenance on Christmas. As long as I'm under the gain weight amount of calories, I won't worry about it.
  • Frelise
    Frelise Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Nope. Well... I'm going to try and control myself with smaller portions, but whatever I over-eat I'll be hitting the gym hard the following days to make up for it, haha.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I'll continue to log everything religiously. I have said if I gain 2-3 pounds between now and New Years, I'm not gonna stress about it. Hasn't happened yet.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm bulking but I might eat at a slight 200 calorie deficit for a few days before xmas so I'm not OVER bulking. Honestly, that's 600 calories though so I probably won't. I'll just come back and hit the weights.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    im pretty much in maintenance right now but dec 24-new years day i wont be logging much

same as i did last year , i like having a break from tracking at the end of the year :) will get back to normal come Jan 2nd
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the parties and dinners and eat normally on the days there aren't festive foods. It balances out and I'm happy.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I don't want to. But I'm not going to stress over my calorie intake. I will try not to overdue it, but I'll let myself indulge some. A day isn't going to kill me. :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm not logging on Christmas day. We're not having a big feast or anything since it's just the three of us. We'll have cinnamon rolls and bacon at breakfast and homemade pizza at dinner. Lunch will probably be really light. Oh, but we are having chocolate cake, which is pretty much The Food Of My People But You People Better Keep Your Hands Off It Because That's My Cake.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Nope. Gonna stick to my usual eating plan, which is easy to do anyway when you're the lone vegetarian amongst a bunch of meat eaters.
  • azgolfgirl
    azgolfgirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I eat as usual during the day on Christmas eve & day and New Year's eve -- but allow myself to indulge more on dinners on those evenings. Keep the exercise routine in place and enjoy.