Hit my goal weight - I've lost more weight than what I weigh!!! (159 lbs gone)

Options

Replies

• Jillasmar
    Jillasmar Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    UGH INCREDIBLE.AMAZING.BEAUTIFUL!! Go you!!!! :)
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing success. You have done an incredible job and the joy and new found confidence you have just radiates out from your beautiful smile. One of the best success stories I have ever read. <3
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    acrochel wrote: »
    Wow! You look so good :) Congratulations on such an amazing accomplishment!

I was hoping someone else may have asked this, but it doesn't seem that they have. I know this is sort of personal, but do you have a lot of loose skin after losing so much weight? My weight loss goals are similar to what you've just accomplished, and I'm super nervous about having lots of loose skin after reaching my goal weight.

I wouldn't say "a lot" but there are some problem areas. Minor areas are under my upper arms (and that seems to be improving more and more with time), a little bit around the butt/thighs, and the most noticeable is definitely the tummy area (I was carrying A LOT of weight there) but that is also slowly but surely lessening. Next year I'm going to focus on toning and tightening up, which I feel will greatly improve those issues. It's definitely not severe enough in my case to bother with surgery to remove it.
  • Ahsim24
    Ahsim24 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! Your success is very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!
  • Catho36
    Catho36 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and have done amazing, thank you for being such an inspiration! Im also 5'6 and have tonight lost 30lbs but got 102lbs to go using similar methods, for so long I was fixated on calories in, low as you go but now I love my Fitbit, CICO all the way. I've lost with 1800-2000 cals, slow and steady right. I worry I'll lose momentum but your story has so inspired me so thank you for being brave and sharing, you are awesome!
  • ToriJ84
    ToriJ84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • lovatt79
    lovatt79 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing. You did so well, beautiful girl too
  • OlaitanOladeru
    OlaitanOladeru Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, please did you experience plateau and how did you overcome it.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing transformation! Congratulations!
  • TishGBW
    TishGBW Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great :smiley:
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,036 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous!!! :smiley:
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats. I need to check these more often for motivation.
  • Trueglamour360
    Trueglamour360 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Truly inspirational and the fact that you've lost the weight over 2 years makes me more motivated to not give up because I'm not losing "fast enough". Just have to keep swimming :)
  • Carlala2
    Carlala2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look so pretty, and what an amazing transformation! I'm now at your starting weight, so this is really inspiring for me. Thanks for sharing!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Job
  • makrogurl
    makrogurl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story! Thank you so much for sharing.
    I have to say that you look so incredibly happy now compared to the face shot from March 2013! Your eyes in that old picture show just how unhappy you were. The difference in just your eyes alone says it all! Awesome job!
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Congratulations, please did you experience plateau and how did you overcome it.

I hit a few plateaus where I didn't see any weight loss for 3+ weeks. The first and most important thing is not to give up! I kept logging my food and watching my calories no matter how disheartening it was to see that number not budge for weeks. Secondly I increased my water intake, I usually get right around 64 oz (I include things like coffee in that total) but during a plateau I would drink 1-2 cups more a day if possible. Lastly I would vary my routine, like throwing some new things in my diet and changing up my cardio. Worked every time :)
  • KWKirkbride
    KWKirkbride Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    @ekahnicole Truly inspiring! I really needed to see this post today. Thank you so much for sharing your story. :blush:
  • OlaitanOladeru
    OlaitanOladeru Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!