What's The Most DISGUSTING Food Item You've Tasted On Your Weightloss / Fitness Journey?

Options
Tell all so you can spare us the horror.

Replies

• erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Most protein powders. I found some I like but I don't prefer many on the market.
  • RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'd love to read people's answers :) I don't remember coming across a disgusting product, but once I cooked something so terrible that one taste was enough- pumpkin and celery soup with lots of basil. The smell was horrible
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Kale! I swear its like green poison that generates farts of death and destruction!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero ice cream -watery sadness.
    Anything from Walden Farms -it tasted like bad vinegar.
    Lean Cuisine's Basil Salmon -shriveled peas with dry and chewy pasta and a maximum three bites of low-quality salmon.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    no cow bars, arctic zero, walden farms pb
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I am not that picky so I'll eat anything even if it's not awesome (which is probably why I struggle with my weight)... But Quest bars were not worth the hefty price tag. I don't get why they have such a huge following. :/
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Kale! I swear its like green poison that generates farts of death and destruction!

I was going to say kale!!! Tried it once, hated it! Threw out the smoothie it was in.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Peas and carrots :#
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I normally like Quest bars but I had the apple pie one, took a bite and threw the rest out. The chunks of apple were so off-putting and it tasted awful.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I tried a few protein bars and a few protein powders and I was bitterly disappointed in all of them. They all have that nasty chemical grainy aftertaste that gets stuck in the back of your throat.

I will stick to chocolate and real protein instead.

*fake* (you know what I mean) sugar of any kind is also disgusting. Stevia will never pass my lips again.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Olives are the devil.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Olives are the devil.

Agreed - but I knew that before weight loss. I once had a horrible moment biting into a cookie I thought contained choc chips and it was bits of olive!!! can you imagine?? *pukes*
  • Angelpecan
    Angelpecan Posts: 16 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I tried making baked butternut squash with wild rice in it. I don't know what I did... But it was :s . I threw the whole thing out.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have wasted soooo much money on protein powders & they are all disgusting. And Greek yogurt. I just hate it. I don't understand the whole Greek yogurt craze.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »
    Olives are the devil.

Agreed - but I knew that before weight loss. I once had a horrible moment biting into a cookie I thought contained choc chips and it was bits of olive!!! can you imagine?? *pukes*

Who would be so evil and put olives into a cookie?
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Mission1 protein bar cookie dough flavor, gross!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    another vote for kale
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

Thank you! My sister thinks all vegetables are evil, because I fart a ton because of them (the silent but deadly ones that require my family to open windows).
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian lunchmeat. Blech.