What's The Most DISGUSTING Food Item You've Tasted On Your Weightloss / Fitness Journey?

Options

Replies

• cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I roast fresh golden beets in a root veggie roast. Beets are quite healthy. Picked beets don't taste good to me. I also really don't like bacon. It tastes like pork fat, like cracklings. It makes me gag.
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Beetroot juice. The devil's piss and should be returned to hell from whence it came.
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    When I signed on with MFP and started weighing and logging all my food, I made a decision to eat ONLY foods I liked.

I know I don't like most seafood, most pork, most beef, mushrooms, capsicum, and avocado ... so I continue to avoid those things. :)

This is what I've been doing as well. I'm actually consciously choosing every single thing I eat. Lots of healthy foods are delicious to me-I won't bother with the ones that aren't.

The grossest food I ever made was years ago when I saw a recipe online for lentil loaf. The person who posted the recipe claimed her family couldn't tell it wasn't meatloaf, and I stupidly decided to try making it on a night we were having company! It was gritty, nasty stuff and I had to throw it out and make frozen chicken wings instead. So embarrassing.

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    There for a while black bean *brownies* were all the rage on MFP. I'll admit never having the balls to try it myself.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    There for a while black bean *brownies* were all the rage on MFP. I'll admit never having the balls to try it myself.
    I love them. It took a while for me to try them. But I was wanting to up my fiber and phytos so I did. Love love love them.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Sounds like it would be enjoyed by the same camp who sing the praises of cauliflower "rice" and zucchini "noodles" and soy flour/wheat germ crust pizza.

Love cauliflower rice and zuchinni noodles. Never had a soy pizza I don't think.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    moyen2 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    When I signed on with MFP and started weighing and logging all my food, I made a decision to eat ONLY foods I liked.

I know I don't like most seafood, most pork, most beef, mushrooms, capsicum, and avocado ... so I continue to avoid those things. :)

This is what I've been doing as well. I'm actually consciously choosing every single thing I eat. Lots of healthy foods are delicious to me-I won't bother with the ones that aren't.

The grossest food I ever made was years ago when I saw a recipe online for lentil loaf. The person who posted the recipe claimed her family couldn't tell it wasn't meatloaf, and I stupidly decided to try making it on a night we were having company! It was gritty, nasty stuff and I had to throw it out and make frozen chicken wings instead. So embarrassing.

I love lentil loaf as well! But no. It doesn't really taste like meatloaf.
  • cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    lmr0528 wrote: »
    Kale! I swear its like green poison that generates farts of death and destruction!

I was going to say kale!!! Tried it once, hated it! Threw out the smoothie it was in.

Ina smoothie? EW! You gotta bake it with olive oil and garlic and make kale chips for it to be edible lol
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    lmr0528 wrote: »
    Kale! I swear its like green poison that generates farts of death and destruction!

I was going to say kale!!! Tried it once, hated it! Threw out the smoothie it was in.

Ina smoothie? EW! You gotta bake it with olive oil and garlic and make kale chips for it to be edible lol

It's perfect in a smoothie. :smile:
  • cake21
    cake21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    How could I forget? Lettuce. Perennially wet, sticks to the teeth and the sides and top of the mouth, is strange tasting and requires a vinegar based dressing (which is equally disgusting in its own right) to be even marginally palatable. I'm so glad the days when I believed I had to eat salad are now over forever.
    100% agree! I love spinach though and eat plates and plates of it, either fresh or cooked. Also love sardines :)
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I haven't met many foods I didn't like but....

Celery - really not worth the effort.

Tofu - a very weird texture, even for me!

• amberskc718
    amberskc718 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Id have to say protein powder.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    Quest protein "potato" chips
  • MSH2930
    MSH2930 Posts: 161 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Plain nonfat greek yogurt, eaten straight from the container. I can't do it. I need to mix banana or other fruit or a teaspoon or two of peanut butter in with it.

Although I must say, I am okay with the protein powder that I have. That surprises me, because I was always gagged from protein powders years ago. I guess maybe the one I have has enough sugar in it to make it palatable. ;):p
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Angelpecan wrote: »
    I tried making baked butternut squash with wild rice in it. I don't know what I did... But it was :s . I threw the whole thing out.

I'm glad it's not just me. I tried a butternut squash soup recipe and it was also horrible. I forced myself to finish my bowl (because I'd already counted the calories and was at work and didn't have anything else for dinner) but thought I was going to throw up by the last few bites. The rest of the pot got fed to our hog. He loved it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Same here. I love anko-flavored desserts, but black bean brownies? I might as well make meatloaf brownies.

Have you had em?
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I actually have had the black-bean brownies and they were pretty good! This was before I was trying to eat healthier. Someone brought them to a potluck and I had to try them out of curiosity.
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Like 13 years ago I used Brewers yeast to recover, hands down worst thing I've ever tasted

This. I used it to help increase breast milk supply. That stuff is so nasty. Baked into lactation cookies it wasn't so bad....but I can't stomach it straight or in a smoothie.