What's The Most DISGUSTING Food Item You've Tasted On Your Weightloss / Fitness Journey?

Options

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Kale and Seaweed chips! UGH!!!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    A date. I mean the fruit, you know. It tastes fermented with the squishy texture too. I know they're popular in some parts of the word. They must be an acquired taste.

Have you ever had a bacon wrapped date though? mmm
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Most synthetic foods ... Walden Farms products being at the top of that list. Worse than the taste is the tummy ache they leave behind ...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    It had nothing to do with trying to lose weight but I did eat it while on my current weight loss effort. Lutefisk. No wonder the Norwegians left their home to come to America...they were trying to get away from that awful stuff!

Yum! Dried cod, soaked in lye. Not like fish at all....kind of gelatinous. I'm the only one in my family that likes it.

Avocado tastes like dirt......blech
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,366 Member
    Options
    Protein chips/crisps. Like artificially flavored crunchy sawdust. Horrible. (I also dislike protein powders, protein bars, and nearly all fake meat products, but as a long-time ovo-lacto veg, I've known that for decades.)
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Celery
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    A date. I mean the fruit, you know. It tastes fermented with the squishy texture too. I know they're popular in some parts of the word. They must be an acquired taste.

Someone's going to steal that idea and make lots of money off it.

It's a thing already...I made some for my friends' Big 10 Championship game party

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=bacon wrapped date recipe
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    "Victory" bars. Someone here raved about them, and said they were better than quest. BLECH. Huge waste of money. I've been giving them to anyone who will take them.

Otherwise, I don't really eat "diet" foods, per se.

oh, and kale rocks when it's prepared right. :p
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

I love bacon wrapped dates. A local tapas bar here has them. OMG. YUM.
  • gettingreallyfedupnow
    Options
    Someone gave me some Teff flour with instructions on how to make Ethiopian flatbreads. It involved fermenting the stuff until an evil smell took over the house then cooking it up like pancakes. Tasted like a rancid cow pat and looked like it too
  • PLTNM_INC
    PLTNM_INC Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Tuna, can't get past that it looks like something you'd feed a cat and the 'punch you in the face' awful smell..nope just nope...Nooooooooo
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »

It's a thing already...I made some for my friends' Big 10 Championship game party

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=bacon wrapped date recipe

Oh my yes. I make bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese, and even though I eat bacon very infrequently, these things are worth it.

Editing to add, because I want to stick with the spirit of the thread: I tried whole sardines because they were recommended as a good protein source.

Never again. I've come to realize that I am not interested in eating bait fish (sardines, anchovies, whatever other horrible little fish is meant for bigger fish to consume).

Yes! The bacon wrapped date...I don't know why but they are kind of magical.

You know when I first started losing weight I was eating sardines from the can. I really liked them. Until one day I was munching on one and I just...stopped. My body was like NO. Haven't had one since lol.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »

Oh my yes. I make bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese, and even though I eat bacon very infrequently, these things are worth it.

Editing to add, because I want to stick with the spirit of the thread: I tried whole sardines because they were recommended as a good protein source.

Never again. I've come to realize that I am not interested in eating bait fish (sardines, anchovies, whatever other horrible little fish is meant for bigger fish to consume).

I've never had them with goat cheese. YUM!

That said: I LOVE sardines!
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Olives.... olives must be what Satan's taint tastes like.
  • balvis3919
    balvis3919 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Black bean brownies, kale and pork rinds. I avoid spitting food out for good manner reasons.... I spit them out and would infront of anyone. And express how bad they really r in detail. Lol
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Celery

Nooooooooooo! I couldn't live without celery, how else do I get my homemade dips into my mouth!? (In fairness I would prefer tortillas but I do actually like celery too)

I'll eat pretty much anything (including Kale, change the water when cooking helps with the bitterness) but I'm afraid tripe made me gag. Simply foul.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I actually like a lot of the things people hate on here LOL!! BUT somenoe said avocado tastes like dirt...I disagree! I LOVE avocado I think its buttery and smooth with a lettuce taste. What tastes like dirt to me is BEETS!! I cannot like beets, no matter how much I try!! I taste dirt and want to vomit!! Even pickled, and I like anything pickled by me...
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt, olives, mushrooms, raw onion grapefruit, pure protein smores bar
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    It had nothing to do with trying to lose weight but I did eat it while on my current weight loss effort. Lutefisk. No wonder the Norwegians left their home to come to America...they were trying to get away from that awful stuff!

My grandma used to make it every Christmas. The smell is horrific! I never tried it, I could not get past the smell of it. She also made Lefse which is AWESOME!

This is a texture and overactive imagination thing for me...I can't eat ham. I imagine that human flesh would taste and feel like ham. Bacon is completely fine though.