What's The Most DISGUSTING Food Item You've Tasted On Your Weightloss / Fitness Journey?

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    There for a while black bean *brownies* were all the rage on MFP. I'll admit never having the balls to try it myself.

Same here. I love anko-flavored desserts, but black bean brownies? I might as well make meatloaf brownies.

Have you had em?

Nope, but I suppose I could try...

They don't taste like meatloaf brownies. They taste like chocolate. Because they are.
    It simply uses beans instead of wheat.
  • alisam100
    alisam100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, that stuff grosses me out haha.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited December 2015
    Options
    alisam100 wrote: »
    It's funny. I tried it in high school. blech. I tried it when I was learning how to eat in my 30s. blech.
    I tried it last year at 49. YUM!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    There for a while black bean *brownies* were all the rage on MFP. I'll admit never having the balls to try it myself.

Same here. I love anko-flavored desserts, but black bean brownies? I might as well make meatloaf brownies.

Have you had em?

They don't taste like meatloaf brownies. They taste like chocolate. Because they are.

What's a good recipe?
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I haven't had anything disgusting since losing weight but the absolute most disgusting thing I have ever put in my mouth was a boiled peanut. I actually had to spit it out, it was so bad. How do people even eat them? *shiver*

Peanuts should NOT be mushy unless they are turned into peanut butter.

I've had to eat food I really don't like before, but I never spit it out.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

Have you had em?

What's a good recipe?

With sugar or stevia?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

Have you had em?

What's a good recipe?

With sugar or stevia?

Sugar, please
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Have you had em?

What's a good recipe?

With sugar or stevia?

Sugar, please

This one is the simplest:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/161701/black-bean-brownies/

This one is decadent
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/06/no-flour-black-bean-brownies/

I've made both, but used stevia instead
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Quest bars, nonfat yogurt (any yogurt), sugar free cookies
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

Have you had em?

What's a good recipe?

With sugar or stevia?

Sugar, please

This one is the simplest:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/161701/black-bean-brownies/

This one is decadent
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/06/no-flour-black-bean-brownies/

I've made both, but used stevia instead
    Thanks, I bookmarked them both! Calorie counts not bad either
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    alisam100 wrote: »

Yes, growing up my aunt would try to force everyone to eat cottage for breakfast. And don't get me started with the ppl that uses cottage cheese in place of ricotta in lasagna recipes...smdh it looks like vomit.
  • crazyjlyn
    crazyjlyn Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Stevia! I just cant
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot... chamomile. I remember my dietitian giving me a concoction of herbs to drink when I lost weight 15 years ago, and it just made me throw up. Absolutely can't stand the stuff.
  • mkn69
    mkn69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles. They taste like rubber bands.

The absolute worst. Cannot say enough horrible things about them.
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Liquid Stevia. I added way too much to my oatmeal one morning and COULD NOT get the taste out of my mouth. Ugh!

Not a fan of dates either. The skin! The squish! I can't.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Cashew milk in coffee. Absolutely disgusting.
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Besides the cultured soy (which works well in place of sour cream though), I can't stand some protein powders. I'll admit that I like Vega sport protein but only with good unsweetened soy milk other wise it's gritty and disgusting.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I almost threw up trying to drink Vega sport vanilla protein powder with water. I won some in a contest and don't mind whey so I tried it. I instantly switched back to whey lol
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Liver. Needed it to get my iron up, tried everything I could but the smell, texture, everything about it was repulsive. Usually I'm not picky when it comes to food, too...
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Pea protein cocoa pancakes, tasted like burnt rubber in my mouth. No amount of honey + sugar or anything could nullify the taste of those bad boys :s

Just manages to beat Pea protein + coffee. I mixed 30g of the pea protein with my coffee. Most of it ended up on the bottom forming a sluggish coffee pea mix. Did not want to waste it so forced myself to eat it. Came oh so close to vomiting.