What's The Most DISGUSTING Food Item You've Tasted On Your Weightloss / Fitness Journey?

Options

Replies

• Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Liver. I was trying to up my iron intake. Even with tons of hot sauce and sauteed onions, never again.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    A quest bar with some awful synthetic American apple flavour.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Not picky. I get down with arctic zero, walden farms, and shirataki on the reg. There's even a frozen dessert called Wink that I thought was so gross it went to the back of my freezer, but one night when I was feeling binge-y I got it out and started doctoring it up with add-ins and now I eat it all the time.

I didn't like kelp noodles though. Unless there is a way to prepare them like shirataki that I missed (dry frying), those were a no. Otherwise I've liked everything.

ETA: I'm a volume eater. I definitely have my share of real ice cream and usually have a nice juicy burger or chinese food once per week, but really I'd rather not have two spoonfuls of ice cream when I could have a couple servings.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Wow so many olive haters :p Once I was in Greece and we walked by an olive tree and I thought I would pick one off and eat it. OH NO... it was so bitter and terrible :s But the ones in brine especially with an antipasto platter, yum :)
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    It had nothing to do with trying to lose weight but I did eat it while on my current weight loss effort. Lutefisk. No wonder the Norwegians left their home to come to America...they were trying to get away from that awful stuff!
  • meghanmfitzgerald
    meghanmfitzgerald Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Truwhip. I actually bought it on accident. I meant to buy coconut whip. Oh my gosh, it tasted like paint
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Tofu and Shiitake Noodles

95069916.png
  • sandsofarabia
    sandsofarabia Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sugar-free syrup.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    When I signed on with MFP and started weighing and logging all my food, I made a decision to eat ONLY foods I liked.

I know I don't like most seafood, most pork, most beef, mushrooms, capsicum, and avocado ... so I continue to avoid those things. :)
  • atiral
    atiral Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Syntax twisted cherry protein powder. Made me nauseous and I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth all day.
  • LifeofaFighterDotCom
    Options
    Like 13 years ago I used Brewers yeast to recover, hands down worst thing I've ever tasted
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Not picky. I get down with arctic zero, walden farms, and shirataki on the reg.

ETA: I'm a volume eater. I definitely have my share of real ice cream and usually have a nice juicy burger or chinese food once per week, but really I'd rather not have two spoonfuls of ice cream when I could have a couple servings.

That's pretty much how I am. Most Arctic Zero flavors are sort of "meh" to me but I have no issue with consuming them. I do like the sea salt caramel flavor, though. That seems to be the one flavor that approaches the texture and flavor of actual ice cream. The others are closer to flavored ice than ice cream.

But, I'm like you...I'm willing to sacrifice some flavor in favor of volume. Doesn't mean I don't have a jonesing for some Talenti now and again, though.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Not picky. I get down with arctic zero, walden farms, and shirataki on the reg.

That's pretty much how I am. Most Arctic Zero flavors are sort of "meh" to me but I have no issue with consuming them. I do like the sea salt caramel flavor, though. That seems to be the one flavor that approaches the texture and flavor of actual ice cream. The others are closer to flavored ice than ice cream.

But, I'm like you...I'm willing to sacrifice some flavor in favor of volume. Doesn't mean I don't have a jonesing for some Talenti now and again, though.

I add PB2, sometimes some oreos, Walden Farms syrups to mine lol. Honestly they taste fine to me. Much better than the other frozen dessert called Wink that I mentioned and I still eat that all the time. And I'm bulking.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    About Time Vegan protein powder... vanilla and choc. Friend told me it was delicious so I bought 3 tubs of it on sale. Tasted like chalk.. literally. Ended up giving it all away to a Vegan at work. Disgusting.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ok you kale haters!!!! I cook it before adding to my smoothie. No bitterness taste or gas issues. I also love it braised with a few raisins. Add a sprinkle of salt, a drizzle of olive oil, and a little blue cheese. Yum! My garden has plenty.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I Can't Believe It's Not Butter in the spray bottle. I have found no way to disguise that horrid flavor and finally threw it out.
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    PB2 chocolate peanut butter, I let the amount I tried sit in the bowl and I think it turned into concrete or spackling...gross
  • karwowski1992
    karwowski1992 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. Never again.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    not sure why i would eat anything disgusting...i don't think i'm eating anything that i've never had before. i eat more healthfully in that i eat more whole foods and i eat way more plant heavy than i used to, but it's all stuff i've eaten and enjoyed before i embarked on this endeavor.

i don't do "replacement" foods or "diet" foods.