Why?

Options
2»

Replies

• totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I've watched a close family member struggle with diabetes, and I don't want to go through the same thing.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Because I'm sick of my shape being round, and I've seen what it's like when obesity gets to the point that an individual is no longer able to function independently. I don't want to live that way. I want to travel, and hike, and camp, and skydive, and swim, and run, and just be healthy in general.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    iona_ellen wrote: »
    Hi,
    What made you lose weight and why?
    I'm really needing motivation tonight lol

I always wanted to know what it was like to be fit, to be able to run through fields performing routine exercises and have the strength to lift my own body weight.

I wanted to be like the movies, and then it happened.

Sounds cliche, but when you get there, you realise how free you are.
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm not even close to being done yet. But for me, my kick in the butt to get started was i saw several pictures (from all angles) where I was in the background during a family birthday party and I was shocked and embarrassed by how terrible I looked. I was sick of being embarrassed to have pictures with my kids taken. It just clicked at that moment that this is on me. I can't be in denial anymore. No one else can make these changes for me, If I want to
    lose weight, I have to commit and change things.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I didn't mind being obese at all, but that finally took its toll on my health and rang the alarms for diabetes - 2-3 more points and I would have been considered officially diabetic. The thought of having to control my carbs for life and all the health consequences scared me. I had to take action and I did. I can proudly say that I have managed to bring down my blood sugar to normal levels through weight loss alone and my post-meal glucose readings are those of a normal person, so no more fear of overdoing it with carbs! It's liberating!