The Master's Hammer & Chisel - Start Jan 4th

Options

Replies

• Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do my workouts in the mornings. I am just way too exhausted and have to be at work bright and early at 7am. So I will be doing mine in the evening either when I get home or after I put the boys to bed. Took my before pictures this morning... Eek! Hoping this programs performs miracles! Lol

Doh forgot to take my before pics :| I'll have to give myself a few extra minutes before working out in the morning to do that and also my measurements. I strongly prefer measurements over the scale (I still use both) as an indication of how I'm doing.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Good morning all! So the first workout is all done. Today was Chisel Balance and they aren't kidding about the balance part! Mine isn't the best right now so I was pretty wobbly but I have no doubt it will get much better as I go through the program. Today's workout doesn't have much in the way of cardio, it's mostly strength. My muscles are going to be feeling all those squats later today and I love it :D I hope you all have an awesome first day! Good luck
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Lesly_Barrett_1209 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do my workouts in the mornings. I am just way too exhausted and have to be at work bright and early at 7am. So I will be doing mine in the evening either when I get home or after I put the boys to bed. Took my before pictures this morning... Eek! Hoping this programs performs miracles! Lol

Doh forgot to take my before pics :| I'll have to give myself a few extra minutes before working out in the morning to do that and also my measurements. I strongly prefer measurements over the scale (I still use both) as an indication of how I'm doing.

I prefer measurements too. Especially in a program like this where there is a lot of strength training so your muscles are getting bigger thus possibly adding on more weight at the beginning. The measurements help me see progress in this sense :smile: then I don't get frustrated! :wink:
  • wzrthnu
    wzrthnu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Day 2 for me, only 25 min and really only 20 after warm up/cool down. Burned 508 cal, amazing on such a short workout. Challenging workout for me but I really liked it. I was worried about it not being enough strength training. I'm a little less worried now. I don't need to add muscle but I don't want to lose any either!
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Day 1 complete! Oh my my body is on fire! I can just feel the heat coming off my muscles sitting here! And I am a hot mess on the balance part lol that's going to take some practice. I was all over the place. But overall I loved the workout. Excited to see what tomorrow's will be like! :smile:
  • stephenahill
    stephenahill Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    add me im starting tomorrow
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    wzrthnu wrote: »
    Day 2 for me, only 25 min and really only 20 after warm up/cool down. Burned 508 cal, amazing on such a short workout. Challenging workout for me but I really liked it. I was worried about it not being enough strength training. I'm a little less worried now. I don't need to add muscle but I don't want to lose any either!

Wow! Great burn! Can't wait to do today's workout now! :smiley: I'm a tad sore this morning but nothing I can't push through!
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Okay day 2 for me today. My glutes are sore this morning from Chisel Balance. :) I can't believe someone said today's workout will only be 25 mins. That could be good or bad ....
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Day 2 done. Today's workout is only 25 minutes which made me think "oh this won't be too bad". However my already sore muscles are saying otherwise lol. I had to modify a few things as I do not have a pull up bar or the cords. I also had to modify a couple of the jumps as I have really bad knees. Luckily they were similar to some of the moves I've done in other programs so I knew good alternatives. Another great workout in the books, good luck to everyone today!

PS. Am I the only one that found Sagi super annoying lol
  • mj4567
    mj4567 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for mine. Should receive it tomorrow. I'm curious to know who is also following the nutrition plan included with the program. I have no idea what it's like.
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    edited January 2016
    Options
    mj4567 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for mine. Should receive it tomorrow. I'm curious to know who is also following the nutrition plan included with the program. I have no idea what it's like.

I'm trying to follow to nutrition plan as best I can. I know I won't be perfect the entire time. I have a hard time when I am restricted, I crave it that much more. But so far I have done pretty good. Granted it has only been one day lol I thought even if I follow it during the day and eat a normal dinner with my family that is better than not eating healthy at all. We have picky eaters in my house so fixing two separate dinners at night will be a huge pain.
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done. Today's workout is only 25 minutes which made me think "oh this won't be too bad". However my already sore muscles are saying otherwise lol. I had to modify a few things as I do not have a pull up bar or the cords. I also had to modify a couple of the jumps as I have really bad knees. Luckily they were similar to some of the moves I've done in other programs so I knew good alternatives. Another great workout in the books, good luck to everyone today!

I love Sagi in BodyBeast, but he kept tanking on the cardio dvd today. Lol. He's definitely a bodybuilder.
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options

Haha I am so sore too! 25 minutes does sound like a walk in the park but from others review they all said it was pretty brutal as well. So should be interesting lol I wore my heart rate monitor last night that I just got. So that was fun seeing the actual calories burned compared to just guessing on here. Makes me more motivated :smile: I have not worked out with Sagi yet but I did do 1 body beast exercise of his last year and didn't make it through because he drove me insane lol perhaps I'll just mute the sound :wink:
  • mj4567
    Options

I'm trying to follow to nutrition plan as best I can. I know I won't be perfect the entire time. I have a hard time when I am restricted, I crave it that much more. But so far I have done pretty good. Granted it has only been one day lol I thought even if I follow it during the day and eat a normal dinner with my family that is better than not eating healthy at all. We have picky eaters in my house so fixing two separate dinners at night will be a huge pain.

My youngest is 18 and still a picky eater. Lol. I get it. When I make something we all like its very exciting :)
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options

My youngest is 18 and still a picky eater. Lol. I get it. When I make something we all like its very exciting :)

haha I'm sure that is how I will be. My youngest is 6 and doesn't like anything a normal 6 year old eats. He will chew and chew on meat and just hold it in his mouth and refuses to swallow it. It's the weirdest thing. I keep saying he's going to grow up to be a vegetarian.. My boyfriend isn't much better either. He only likes chicken for the most part. I can never be very creative lol
  • mj4567
    Options

haha I'm sure that is how I will be. My youngest is 6 and doesn't like anything a normal 6 year old eats. He will chew and chew on meat and just hold it in his mouth and refuses to swallow it. It's the weirdest thing. I keep saying he's going to grow up to be a vegetarian.. My boyfriend isn't much better either. He only likes chicken for the most part. I can never be very creative lol

Yeah. Me either but sometimes that's not bad. Most meals have become almost automatic. We mostly eat chicken at our house as well :)
  • wzrthnu
    wzrthnu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sagi is very awkward! He is actually creepy in the cardio video, seems like Autumn is grossed out by him. He keeps trying to touch her and she just wants to get away from him.!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Haha I am so sore too! 25 minutes does sound like a walk in the park but from others review they all said it was pretty brutal as well. So should be interesting lol I wore my heart rate monitor last night that I just got. So that was fun seeing the actual calories burned compared to just guessing on here. Makes me more motivated :smile: I have not worked out with Sagi yet but I did do 1 body beast exercise of his last year and didn't make it through because he drove me insane lol perhaps I'll just mute the sound :wink:

That mute button may be a good idea lol.

So glad I'm not the only one that finds him awkward! Looks like everyone did a great job today! Off to bed soon, that alarm clock comes too soon :|
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    Okay, I am so drenched I can feel the sweat trickling down my face and back lol I have a feeling I won't be able to walk tomorrow
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Happy Hump Day! Day 3 - ISO Strength Chisel. Wow if you're not feeling this one after you're doing something wrong lol. Maybe I'm crazy but this is my favorite so far! Those 10 second hold will get you but I really enjoyed this one! Good luck to everyone today!