The Master's Hammer & Chisel - Start Jan 4th

Options

Replies

• gaspegirl
    gaspegirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I started the program on Monday, the 4th as well! WOuld love to have another group to be accountable to. I am SORE and feeling good about the program. I have been on point with my diet but crabby as a result. I am sure it is just the lack of sugar. Sagi drives me crazy… I spend my entire time correcting his English and wishing he wouldn't refer to himself in third person, "The Beast is back where he belongs". I am excited to give this program my full effort and start to shred the 30 pounds I put on as my marriage was breaking down. I AM SO READY to reclaim my body now that I have reclaimed my life. Add me if you would like …
  • wzrthnu
    wzrthnu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just made the Fixate easy pizza. It was surprisingly good. I added some ham to bump up the protein and used a thin wheat flatbread as I couldn't find sprouted tortillas.
  • wzrthnu
    Options
    gaspegirl wrote: »
    Hey all, I started the program on Monday, the 4th as well! WOuld love to have another group to be accountable to. I am SORE and feeling good about the program. I have been on point with my diet but crabby as a result. I am sure it is just the lack of sugar. Sagi drives me crazy… I spend my entire time correcting his English and wishing he wouldn't refer to himself in third person, "The Beast is back where he belongs". I am excited to give this program my full effort and start to shred the 30 pounds I put on as my marriage was breaking down. I AM SO READY to reclaim my body now that I have reclaimed my life. Add me if you would like …
    I have gotten used to Sagi, he is a tool but Body Beast is one of the best regimes I've ever been on and I've been strength training on and off for over 20yrs. Welcome and best of luck!
  • wzrthnu
    Options
    It's my rest day, I hate that I just started and already get a break. Maybe I'll just do some stretching and jogging. Otherwise I'll just think about food and eat more.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Sagi is what I imagine Tony Horton and Arnold Schwarzenegger's love child would be.

I got used to Sagi in BB..

I read up on him when doing BB about where he is from, his past in the military and how he came to the United States.. So knowing a bit more about him helped me see that he is not just a dude with big muscles and a horrible English accent. I actually get the giggles sometimes hearing him say bizarre things..

This workout (HC) is great for beginners just starting out.. or those that have a bit of fitness already under their belt, there is def room in this program for you all to burn a boat load of calories and loose those pounds! Newbie gainz are great!

Rinse and repeat the program if you need to further lean out or build.. Do Chisel only or Hammer Only after the 60 days..

Good luck guys! :)
  • mj4567
    mj4567 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just opened mine! In so excited. I just put dinner in the oven and I'm going to go try it out while dinner is cooking :)
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    mj4567 wrote: »
    Just opened mine! In so excited. I just put dinner in the oven and I'm going to go try it out while dinner is cooking :)

Good luck! Can't wait to hear what you think.

So tomorrow is a rest day on the schedule however I plan to keep up with the workouts and have Sunday be my rest day. So another bright and early day tomorrow :#
  • mj4567
    Options
    I liked the first workout overall. My low back feels a bit sore. I need to figure out the best weights for each exercise. She moved quickly which I like.
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Lesly_Barrett_1209 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about keeping going and making my rest day on Sunday too. I don't like having my rest day in the middle of the week. And idk what this app is doing. I tried to log my workout and its doubling it for some reason. So I only worked out 36 minutes and burned 249 calories. Not what it's saying in the newsfeed lol
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Decided to bump up the workouts so that Sunday will be my day off. I'm like you @Lesly_Barrett_1209 I hate to have my rest days in the middle of the week.

So today was ISO Speed Hammer. I'm going to have to bump up my weights for this one next time, this workout didn't feel very challenging. I think if I use a higher weight that will help though. More than half way through week one :) Hope everyone is doing great!
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    I also went forward and skipped my rest day. You're right @Tammy_Christopher it wasn't as challenging as I thought. The only really hard part was the beginning with the push-ups. I suck at those! I used 5lbs and 8lbs so I will definitely try 10s and 15s next time I do this one.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    I also went forward and skipped my rest day. You're right @Tammy_Christopher it wasn't as challenging as I thought. The only really hard part was the beginning with the push-ups. I suck at those! I used 5lbs and 8lbs so I will definitely try 10s and 15s next time I do this one.

I'm with you on the push ups, my upper body strength is like non existent right now lol. Hopefully that will improve. I think I'll go with 10-15 lbs next time too and see if that makes it a little more challenging.
  • kiarawoods2020
    kiarawoods2020 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wanna join how can I join?
  • mj4567
    Options
    ISO strength chisel. My fav so far!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    I wanna join how can I join?

You just do the workouts and post here about our progress and how you're doing. We try to keep each other motivated. Happy to have you join in the fun :smiley:

@mj4567 That is my favorite one too!

This morning was Chisel Endurance for me. Another good chisel workout. I am finding I prefer those over the hammer ones. One more workout for me and week 1 will be complete :) Happy Friday everyone!

• mj4567
    Options
    Is anyone else hungrier than normal? I can't seem to eat enough.
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm almost halfway through the program. Tomorrow is the end of week 4 already and my favorite workout- hammer power. It's tough and fun. Even with getting sick and the holidays in the middle I'm seeing results. I can see my abs for the first time since having a baby 10.5 months ago!
    Mj4567- if you are always hungry did you try adding a green, yellow or red? That's what they suggest first.
  • mj4567
    Options
    ganzelly wrote: »
    I'm almost halfway through the program. Tomorrow is the end of week 4 already and my favorite workout- hammer power. It's tough and fun. Even with getting sick and the holidays in the middle I'm seeing results. I can see my abs for the first time since having a baby 10.5 months ago!
    Mj4567- if you are always hungry did you try adding a green, yellow or red? That's what they suggest first.

Wow. Halfway through. That's great! Honestly I haven looked much at the nutrition plan. I've always worked out and my diet has been basically the same for a while. I didn't expect to be this hungry. I will take a look though. Thanks!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Week one for me is officially done! Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow. Today was Total Body Hammer and 10 minute ab's. I bumped my weights up today and I definitely felt it. My arms are still a little shaky. I kept forgetting to take my measurements every morning before working out so I finally did that this morning. So I'm not sure of my week 1 results as I didn't measure until today. My weight hasn't dropped but that is typical for me when starting a new program.

I hope everyone had a fantastic first week!

• Lesly_Barrett_1209
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I decided to take my rest day yesterday. I got home from work and my 6 year old and I had a date - we went to dinner and a movie! One on one time with him was long overdue! I'm going to keep my rest days on Fridays and weigh and measure myself in Saturday's! So far I have lost 1.2 lbs and 4.5 inches! So excited to keep pushing forward and see the changes this program will make in my body over the next 7 weeks!