The Master's Hammer & Chisel - Start Jan 4th

Options

Replies

• Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Lesly_Barrett_1209 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Week one for me is officially done! Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow. Today was Total Body Hammer and 10 minute ab's. I bumped my weights up today and I definitely felt it. My arms are still a little shaky. I kept forgetting to take my measurements every morning before working out so I finally did that this morning. So I'm not sure of my week 1 results as I didn't measure until today. My weight hasn't dropped but that is typical for me when starting a new program.

I hope everyone had a fantastic first week!

I bet you're so excited to be done with week one! 54 minutes seems so long lol but I really like ab workouts so I'm sure it will be great regardless :smile:
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    mj4567 wrote: »
    Is anyone else hungrier than normal? I can't seem to eat enough.

Yes, starving all the time lol I constantly feel like I can eat something
  • mj4567
    mj4567 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I decided to take my rest day yesterday. I got home from work and my 6 year old and I had a date - we went to dinner and a movie! One on one time with him was long overdue! I'm going to keep my rest days on Fridays and weigh and measure myself in Saturday's! So far I have lost 1.2 lbs and 4.5 inches! So excited to keep pushing forward and see the changes this program will make in my body over the next 7 weeks!

Wow that's fantastic! 4.5 inches is great. Great job!
  • mj4567
    Options
    Is anyone actually using the portion control containers? Today is the first day I actually looked at the containers and plan. To me, simply measuring my food seems easier so I was curious if anyone is using them and what they think. I can see a benefit to the smaller containers for things like dressings and cheeses as I think most of us tend to use more than we should but I've measured my food for so long its second nature to me.
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    Just finished Chisel Endurance. I am covered in sweat and my legs and hips are killing me from stepping up and down onto the bench! Lol I will definitely be feeling it tomorrow! As of right now I like the chisel workouts way more than the hammer ones. It's still the beginning though so maybe I will like them more as the days progress. This tomorrow is total body hammer and 10 minute ab hammer. A little nervous about how long that will be I'm sure I'll be dead afterwards lol hope everyone has had a good first week! :smile:
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    @Lesly_Barrett_1209 Wow fantastic week 1 results!! You are doing amazing! Good luck tomorrow, I am feeling that workout this evening. I really enjoyed the ab workout actually. I'm looking forward to that rest day tomorrow.

@mj4567 I don't use the containers. I agree with you I think it's much easier (and more accurate) to just measure with a food scale. I doubt I'll every try the containers for that reason
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    Week 1 complete!! :smile: such a good feeling! My shoulders are on fire! Lol I liked both of these hammer workouts better than the others I have done so far. The pyramid about killed me though especially on the military presses! All in all another great workout in the books! Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday!
  • mj4567
    Options
    Saturday was my rest day. Sunday I headed to my basement home gym to do speed hammer and found my basement had flooded. What a mess. So I grabbed a P90x workout and did it in my living room since I wasn't sure what Speed Hammer was or what I needed. Hoping tonight I will get it completed. Still good and sore from p90x today. Plus a 3 mile walk Saturday gave me shin splints?! Lol. I guess I haven't walked on a paved surface in some time. Probably could also use new shoes :)
  • mj4567
    Options
    Week 1 complete!! :smile: such a good feeling! My shoulders are on fire! Lol I liked both of these hammer workouts better than the others I have done so far. The pyramid about killed me though especially on the military presses! All in all another great workout in the books! Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday!

Congrats! That's awesome! Can't wait to try them :)
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Week 2 started today for me with Chisel Cardio. Phew, that was the hardest so far in my opinion. Totally kicked my butt. I played hooky from work today to spend some extra time with the hubby. We got our workouts in so time to shower, go get something to eat then snuggle up with some movies for the rest of this cold day. Hope you all have an awesome day!
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Week 2 started today for me with Chisel Cardio. Phew, that was the hardest so far in my opinion. Totally kicked my butt. I played hooky from work today to spend some extra time with the hubby. We got our workouts in so time to shower, go get something to eat then snuggle up with some movies for the rest of this cold day. Hope you all have an awesome day!

I love the Chisel workouts. I have Chisel Cardio today as well. Can't believe we are already on week 2! :smiley: Have fun playing hooky!
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 complete! Chisel Cardio was no joke! I'm sweaty and my muscles are shaking lol ready to shower and crash out. I'll be sleeping good tonight lol hope everyone had a great start to their week!
  • Hastalabeastababy
    Hastalabeastababy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Day 9 for me today!! I am loving this program!!! Down 7 pounds since I started! Yesterday's Cardio workout kicked my *kitten*, but it was awesome!
  • mj4567
    Options
    Day 9 for me today!! I am loving this program!!! Down 7 pounds since I started! Yesterday's Cardio workout kicked my *kitten*, but it was awesome!

That's amazing! Great job :smile:
  • l0velife1
    l0velife1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hope the program is going great for everyone! The hubby and I chose Tuesdays as our rest days since we both have classes on Tuesdays starting next week. Will be interesting fitting this program in with a full-time job and school 3 days a week.... and a 1 year old. Oh boy, good thing I LOVEEEE this program so far :p
  • Hastalabeastababy
    Options
    mj4567 wrote: »

That's amazing! Great job :smile:
    Thanks!!
  • Hastalabeastababy
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 complete! Chisel Cardio was no joke! I'm sweaty and my muscles are shaking lol ready to shower and crash out. I'll be sleeping good tonight lol hope everyone had a great start to their week!

Yes! That workout was killer!!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    This morning was Max Hammer Strength and my legs are feeling it tonight. It is snowy, icy and freezing cold here tonight so it's time for a warm coffee and a good book. I hope you all had an awesome day!
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    Whew Chisel Agility was tiring. I wasn't able to give it as much effort as I would have liked though. I've been walking the stairs at work with a coworker and my calves are killing me and for some reason my right knee is hurting when I walk down stairs today. So I'm going to give those a rest tomorrow and just focus on the workout at home. Hope everyone is doing well and has a great rest of their evening! I'm off to bed! :smile:
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Forgot to post this morning :| Today was Chisel Agility. I agree @Lesly_Barrett_1209 that was tiring. I had to do a lot of modifications on this one because of all the jumping. Especially the spinning squats. My knees can't handle all the jumps. Hope everyone had a good day!