The Master's Hammer & Chisel - Start Jan 4th

Replies

• l0velife1
    l0velife1 Posts: 158 Member
    Forgot to post this morning :| Today was Chisel Agility. I agree @Lesly_Barrett_1209 that was tiring. I had to do a lot of modifications on this one because of all the jumping. Especially the spinning squats. My knees can't handle all the jumps. Hope everyone had a good day!

My knees are bad with all of the jumps too, so I find myself modifying a lot as well. Doesn't mean we aren't still kicking butt!
  • mj4567
    mj4567 Posts: 42 Member
    Finally finished week one! I'm really enjoying the variety in this program. Total body hammer was so good. I did go a little too heavy a couple times. I didn't do the abs because I got home late and didn't want to make my family wait any longer for dinner. I'll add abs tonight which looks like cardio which is my least favorite kind of exercise. Lol.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    @l0velife1 I totally agree, we are still totally kicking butt :)

@mj4567 Congrats on finishing week 1! I really like the variety too. I'm not finding myself getting bored at all

Today was Hammer Power for me and I was very close to bailing on it, but I gave myself a little pep talk and got it done. Ended up being one of my favorite workouts too. Only 2 more workouts left for week 2 for me. Is it rest day yet lol. Hope you're all having an awesome week!
  • lindseygriffith27
    lindseygriffith27 Posts: 13 Member
    Day 2 done. Today's workout is only 25 minutes which made me think "oh this won't be too bad". However my already sore muscles are saying otherwise lol. I had to modify a few things as I do not have a pull up bar or the cords. I also had to modify a couple of the jumps as I have really bad knees. Luckily they were similar to some of the moves I've done in other programs so I knew good alternatives. Another great workout in the books, good luck to everyone today!

PS. Am I the only one that found Sagi super annoying lol

Haha Sagi annoys me! I like Autumn way better!
  • mj4567
    Just wondering if all of you use all the equipment in the workouts or modify. I don't do pull ups. I use the resistance band. I also don't use the bench. I have one but it's older and wobbly. I do have a step bench. I was a step aerobics instructor back in the day. Does anyone even know what that is anymore? Lol. Anyway. It works ok for the step up things. I just lie on the floor for flies and chest presses.
    I do have selectech weights which are very handy in these workouts.
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Lesly_Barrett_1209 Posts: 96 Member
    mj4567 wrote: »
    Just wondering if all of you use all the equipment in the workouts or modify. I don't do pull ups. I use the resistance band. I also don't use the bench. I have one but it's older and wobbly. I do have a step bench. I was a step aerobics instructor back in the day. Does anyone even know what that is anymore? Lol. Anyway. It works ok for the step up things. I just lie on the floor for flies and chest presses.
    I do have selectech weights which are very handy in these workouts.

I also lie on the floor for flies and chest presses. I have sat on one of my kitchen chairs for military presses and the step ups. And I use resistance bands that are attached to my bathroom door. I have tried using the ball. I either need to air it up more or strengthen my core more because I about die every time I try to use it lol
  • Tammy_Christopher
    I do a lot of modifications too as I don't have a stable bench, I also don't have pull up bars. @mj4567 I have selectech's too, they are great since it's so easy to change weights.

I missed Friday's workout because I came down with a horrible migraine that took me out all day and into Saturday. So I used Saturday as my rest day and did a double today to make up for Friday. Phew I hope I don't have to do a double of this program again, I whooped! Week 2 is now all done. Looking forward to doing my measurements tomorrow morning to see where I am. I hope everyone had an amazing weekend!
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Alright guys. I struggled last week. I had a cold and worked more than I usually do at my job. I was so exhausted that I missed a couple days. Getting my head back in the game for week three and going to try and add in the workouts I missed for week 2 here and there. For the first 2 weeks I have lost 3.4 lbs and 5.75 inches. I still think that is pretty good, especially with missing a couple days. So I'm not going to let myself get discouraged :smile: Hope everyone has a great start to their week and @Tammy_Christopher, Hope you feel better!!
  • mj4567
    Alright guys. I struggled last week. I had a cold and worked more than I usually do at my job. I was so exhausted that I missed a couple days. Getting my head back in the game for week three and going to try and add in the workouts I missed for week 2 here and there. For the first 2 weeks I have lost 3.4 lbs and 5.75 inches. I still think that is pretty good, especially with missing a couple days. So I'm not going to let myself get discouraged :smile: Hope everyone has a great start to their week and @Tammy_Christopher, Hope you feel better!!

Glad you're feeling better. And 5.75 inches is amazing! Congrats!
  • mj4567
    I'm using today as a rest day. I've logged 9 straight workouts. I don't want a rest day but I know I need one. I'm really enjoying this program. Have a great day :)
  • l0velife1
    I'm using today as a rest day. I've logged 9 straight workouts. I don't want a rest day but I know I need one. I'm really enjoying this program. Have a great day :)

Yup, definitely give your muscles some time to heal! Rest days are just as important for building up muscle during a program :)
  • mj4567
    l0velife1 wrote: »

Yup, definitely give your muscles some time to heal! Rest days are just as important for building up muscle during a program :)

I know. And I am sore. I needed it.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    @Lesly_Barrett_1209 Thank you, I am feeling much better! :)

@mj4567 Good plan, you definitely want to rest those muscles, especially with a program like this. Enjoy your rest day :smile:

Can't believe we are in week 3. I missed yesterdays workout and I'm really mad at myself for it because there wasn't a reason, I just didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. I plan to make it up this evening after work though. Happy Hump Day everyone!
  • l0velife1
    Had to pick a shorter workout this morning (can I just say I am NOT a morning person) so I chose to do Hammer Plyo. I switched it out with Masters Cardio first week. Holy crap Plyo is no joke!!
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Had to pick a shorter workout this morning (can I just say I am NOT a morning person) so I chose to do Hammer Plyo. I switched it out with Masters Cardio first week. Holy crap Plyo is no joke!!

Where do you find Master's Cardio at?
  • mj4567

I bet it's a bonus one? I personally bought the basic program and I don't think I have it.
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209

I bet it's a bonus one? I personally bought the basic program and I don't think I have it.

I bought the deluxe package so I have the 4 extra workouts that come with that but that one isn't included. It says on the schedule it's a beachbody exclusive workout so I wasn't sure if it was something you have to buy or not. If so that would make sense why I can't find it anywhere. lol
  • l0velife1

If you order it through Team Beachbody or through a coach you can get it for free :)
    I didn't get the deluxe package though. After seeing some of the options through the workout sheet, I really wish I had!!
  • mj4567

If you order it through Team Beachbody or through a coach you can get it for free :)
    I didn't get the deluxe package though. After seeing some of the options through the workout sheet, I really wish I had!!

I know. I'm wishing that as well.
  • mj4567
    So anyone who has tried Masters cardio is it worth $15? I see it on eBay.