Snakes

Replies

• FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    @mrs_mab nice hoggie! My girl is around 2 years old.
  • FitGirl0123
    3a356c3bxj0s.jpeg

This is our baby she has legs but is still a reptile lol

Cute. What's her name? My beardies name is Sugar
  • WYMANT0004
    WYMANT0004 Posts: 81 Member
    mrs_mab wrote: »
    a western hognose named BossHogg

HA!! I love it

I am picking up a new Candino ball python today... Just as soon as it gets to the FedEx hub. I am refreshing the tracking page like some kind of junkie LOL
  • FitGirl0123
    I had to look that one up. Hadn't even heard of candino morph lol
  • WYMANT0004
    We do love snakes but they are all deadly here!

Guessing you live in Oz?? If so, you have some really awesome python species down there.

I had to look that one up. Hadn't even heard of candino morph lol

It is a heteroallelic combo of the Albino and Candy morphs. I like them because (so far) they seem to stay lighter and retain their purpleish hue instead of taking on the tan colour of the pure Candy. And I have always been into Albinos. So having both alleles present means I can fold them into my breeding projects and always end up with something cool
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    he's been exploring

24690118789_356bbf9ee2_n.jpg2016-02-15_09-27-08
  • FitGirl0123
    moyer566 wrote: »
    he's been exploring

24690118789_356bbf9ee2_n.jpg2016-02-15_09-27-08

He's a cutie
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Nope. Puppies and kittens...
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    3a356c3bxj0s.jpeg

This is our baby she has legs but is still a reptile lol

Cute. What's her name? My beardies name is Sugar

Her name is Princess Supercharged (the kids named her lol)
    @WYMANT0004 yes I live in Australia but I live in the little island state way down south..no Pythons here only Tiger Snakes, Copperheads and Whip Snakes and we have lots of them mainly tigers the other 2 are very shy
  • FitGirl0123
    re66j4f8mhkg.jpeg
    hl62p5pzytqq.jpeg
    2c04fop12q9e.jpeg
    Found our first snake of the year. It's a juvenile black racer
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    re66j4f8mhkg.jpeg
    hl62p5pzytqq.jpeg
    2c04fop12q9e.jpeg
    Found our first snake of the year. It's a juvenile black racer

so cool! what a cutie
  • WYMANT0004
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Hey you kooky snakesters! You guys should sign up for the Python Challenge. Hunting pythons to remove them from Florida's Everglades. Apparently they don't belong there. They slithered over from Southeast Asia and are screwing up the ecosystem.

The Burms there were inadvertently released when hurricane Andrew hit an import warehouse. Sadly, this fact is ignored by the animal rights groups and politicians who, instead, have used the rhetoric of "evil" snake keepers setting them free as an excuse to instigate bans on them. Do not get me wrong, the Burms are an invasive species and do need to be dealt with. But they are strictly a south Florida problem and should be dealt with as such. They do not require a country wide ban against them

@WYMANT0004 yes I live in Australia but I live in the little island state way down south..no Pythons here only Tiger Snakes, Copperheads and Whip Snakes and we have lots of them mainly tigers the other 2 are very shy

@summerkissed Yes, I can see how that would be a bit more challenging for keeping.
  • mbaker566
    part of me wants to get a hognose but another part of my wants a python of some sort.....
  • FitGirl0123
    @moyer566 I vote hognose!!!

• WYMANT0004
    @moyer566 Go for both :wink: Hognose for the days you want to deal with something spunky and a ball python for the days you want to deal with something that is pretty much a rock with scales
  • FitGirl0123
    A few snakes found so far this year

ahfzeqv2ej1b.jpeg
    vw5jfjq9hd47.jpeg
    o2cnlv22gvwf.jpeg
  • FitGirl0123
    edited March 2016
    Lol
  • FitGirl0123
    @moyer566 lol my beardie does not like my ball python at all
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I adore snakes and rescue them from being on the road whenever possible. I wouldn't keep one because I wouldn't like feeding it.
  • FitGirl0123
    lithezebra wrote: »
    I adore snakes and rescue them from being on the road whenever possible. I wouldn't keep one because I wouldn't like feeding it.

So happy to hear of another who saves them off the road. So many people intentionally hit them. It's so sad! I don't keep any wild snakes either, only captive bred snakes. Feeding is actually not bad. I feed all mine frozen/thawed
  • WYMANT0004
    @FitGirl0123 You might want to submit that first picture with location data to your local DNR/FWS, that animal looks like it might have SFD. I know that disease has become a bit of a concern and if you are somewhere that it has not previously been reported it would likely help to have the report

@lithezebra As Fit mentioned, feeding frozen/thawed can make it easier but there is also a new product out called ReptiLink that are basically sausages designed for reptile diets and many species take them very well.
  • Raechel120
    Raechel120 Posts: 659 Member
    I had a ball Python and loved her so much. I think my love of snakes came from my science teacher in Jr high he had so many animals he kept at the school one of them being a 12 ft long Boa constrictor
  • michaelafoor916
    what's the longest hunger strikes your snakes have ever been on? I'm curious who takes the crown on this one lol my stubborn BP is still refusing food. moved her into a spare bedroom and cranked the heat up last night to get her temps a little higher and humidity up to see if that helps. she's going on 5 months now :/
  • mbaker566
    @FitGirl0123 neither did mine. she tried ot make a couple of strikes.
  • WYMANT0004
    @michaela_g09 I had a ball python go on hunger strike for 13 months. As long as the animal looks healthy and is not rapidly losing weight then I would not stress it overly much
  • michaelafoor916
    she looks fine and I'm not stressing it much but just wish she would get back to her routine lol
  • FitGirl0123
    WYMANT0004 wrote: »
    @FitGirl0123 You might want to submit that first picture with location data to your local DNR/FWS, that animal looks like it might have SFD. I know that disease has become a bit of a concern and if you are somewhere that it has not previously been reported it would likely help to have the report

@lithezebra As Fit mentioned, feeding frozen/thawed can make it easier but there is also a new product out called ReptiLink that are basically sausages designed for reptile diets and many species take them very well.

It's actually just mud from him just coming out of hibernation.
  • FitGirl0123
    she looks fine and I'm not stressing it much but just wish she would get back to her routine lol

My hoggie is the only one of my snakes that ever gives me any trouble. She's gone a couple of months without eating before. She usually eats for a few weeks then goes off food for couple months then repeats. Seems to be no rhyme or reason for it, and she's very tiny at 2 years old because of it. The rest of my snakes are monsters and never miss a meal n
  • FitGirl0123
    5ouaf8hbqff0.jpeg
    Cutie pie little worm snake