What has been the hardest to give up?

Options

Replies

• MissJacquelineN
    MissJacquelineN Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Southern cooking (aka fried everything) & baked goods.... I can't just have a little bit, a bite, one serving- I want it all. So instead of tempting myself, I pretty much just say no.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    My problem is Coke! I think that I am addicted to soda.

This is mine also. I try, but I have cut it down to on weekends only. Better than everyday! I haven't really given anything up completely, I just miss having the coke every morning.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Giving up my lazy nights of watching TV and snacking was the hardest hurdle to overcome. I eat the food I really want, and just try to make sensible choices the majority of my days and watch portions.

But the old night-time habits were the hardest to change, definitely. But now, if I miss my evening workouts, I actually crave those instead. It's awesome!
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Peanut butter covered pizza rolls ~cries
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Chocolate a women's best friend

So true
  • happywithme12
    Options
    Nothing. Confused why you would cut out your carbs completely????

I didn't cut them out, i still eat them in granola bars and things like that but i try to eat carbs that are better for you if that makes sense
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Food.

And air. I can't seem to get past that.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My *kitten*'s love affair with my couch.
  • happywithme12
    Options
    The hardest thing for me to give up is a cheeseburger and fries. Just love a good burger. So now I try Boco meatless burgers and they are pretty good and i oven bake my fries instead of frying them.

you should try a receipt i just tried on the food network, its a pinneaple ginger teriyaki turkey burger OMG it is so good there were none left because i ate the leftovers before they went bad.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

I didn't cut them out, i still eat them in granola bars and things like that but i try to eat carbs that are better for you if that makes sense

No confused a carb in a granola bar and a carb in a bowl of cereal would still be a carb. 1 carb = 4 calories.
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    My problem is Coke! I think that I am addicted to soda.

This is mine also. I try, but I have cut it down to on weekends only. Better than everyday! I haven't really given anything up completely, I just miss having the coke every morning.

I agree--soda is Satan! But seriously, I used to drink 3-6 cans of Coke a day and my boyfriend and I would go through $30 of soda a month. It was bad. I slowly started cutting pop out completely but now have slipped up more over the past couple of months.

On the rare occasion, such as when I am tired or when I have a bad headache, I'll have my caffeine fix!!!

I was better this morning when grabbing some breakfast at a local gas station by my work---I got orange juice and one donut instead of pop!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I think the hardest thing to give up was the "dieting myths" that I previously believed. I hate admitting when I'm wrong.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Granola bars are nutritionally pretty in distinguishable from candy bars. One carb is no healthier than another carb.
  • Tonya7402
    Tonya7402 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have to say I think the hardest thing to give up is cream in my coffee. I debate with myself on a daily basis weather or not I should get it. Coffee just doesn't taste the same without it. Its like "cream" is my guilty pleasure. Keep up all your hard work everyone!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

No confused a carb in a granola bar and a carb in a bowl of cereal would still be a carb. 1 carb = 4 calories.

There is a difference between the carbs in whole grain and things like table sugar though. I would imagine that is what she's talking about.
  • MrsDanner78
    MrsDanner78 Posts: 107
    Options
    What I miss the absolute most is being able to relax on the couch and not feeling guilty that I'm not out running or being active in some way! Now I'm always feeling guilty when I lay around...

There are not really any foods that I miss because I still eat a lot of what I ate before, but in moderation, or healthier versions. However, I seriously miss my late night toasted PB&J sandwiches on thick white bread... THOSE I had to cut out! :cry:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Granola bars are nutritionally pretty in distinguishable from candy bars. One carb is no healthier than another carb.

So one would not expect health benefits from eating a high fiber diet vs. a low fiber diet? :huh:
  • happywithme12
    Options
    I didn't completely give up the things i enjoy but i found that when i have a little i just want more and more and more and then i am way out of control, so i figured if i have it once every couple months then its safer for me
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

There is a difference between the carbs in whole grain and things like table sugar though. I would imagine that is what she's talking about.

Wow this is news to me? I have been cutting all wrong? What's the difference? Holy cow I never heard this from a qualified source before? I need to read more health magazines...
  • ericthirdrow
    ericthirdrow Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Pasta, fried food, beer... the more I've done this the more I've realized that I can handle all of it as long as I eat healthy around the cheat items, exercise, and use moderation.