Replies

• jmoliveson
    jmoliveson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Cadbury carmello!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Confused why you would cut out your carbs completely????

I didn't cut them out, i still eat them in granola bars and things like that but i try to eat carbs that are better for you if that makes sense

No confused a carb in a granola bar and a carb in a bowl of cereal would still be a carb. 1 carb = 4 calories.

There is a difference between the carbs in whole grain and things like table sugar though. I would imagine that is what she's talking about.

Wow this is news to me? I have been cutting all wrong? What's the difference? Holy cow I never heard this from a qualified source before? I need to read more health magazines...

Fiber is the difference. And yes, perhaps you should.
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options

I didn't cut them out, i still eat them in granola bars and things like that but i try to eat carbs that are better for you if that makes sense

No confused a carb in a granola bar and a carb in a bowl of cereal would still be a carb. 1 carb = 4 calories.

I don't know a lot about what carbs are good and what are bad I guess maybe I am confused about it
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

There is a difference between the carbs in whole grain and things like table sugar though. I would imagine that is what she's talking about.

Wow this is news to me? I have been cutting all wrong? What's the difference? Holy cow I never heard this from a qualified source before? I need to read more health magazines...

Fiber is the difference. And yes, perhaps you should.

Confused as to why you could not get your 10-15 grams per 1000 kcals while still eating a variety of carb sources???? What mags should I pick up?
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Yes. -And for me, if I have a bagel ONE day, I will CRAVE it the next day.
  • happywithme12
    Options

Well I mean I would think that eating a granola bar would be better than a candy bar
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My two main men Ben and Jerry, who got me into this mess in the first place! I miss B&J's Red Velvet Cake ice cream the most, with it's delicious swirls of "cream cheese". *drools* :love:

(Hardest to give up in the sense that I wish I could have it and I can't. Not enough portion size for the calories.)
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Pizza and cheesecake.

I think I have a healthy version of pizza going... whole wheat, lots of veggies, no cheese. But, I can't figure out a good cheesecake replacement. It makes me sad. Lolz.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    For themost part... I still eat whatever I want. My mom even said "i'm surprised you didn't gain weight this week since we ate a lot of stuff over the weekend you're not supposed to have" (Five Guys after the 5K on Saturday... Ice Cream for dessert... Pizza on Sunday)... and I said... what are you talking about? I can have whatever I want as long as I don't pig out and I have the macros for it.

But... certain things I have given up 100%... including fast food. What I missed the most.... BOJANGLES. SOO YUMMY. Seasoned fries and chicken tenders.... YUMMY!! Maybe that will be my reward for my mini goal.... I'll let myself go to Bojangles... then go to the gym right after! :)
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    i havent given up anything,but the hardest is portion control and not binging.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Granola bars are nutritionally pretty in distinguishable from candy bars. One carb is no healthier than another carb.

So one would not expect health benefits from eating a high fiber diet vs. a low fiber diet? :huh:

Granola bars typically have virtually no fiber.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Ok so I love learning more about all of you and of course the funny things some of you come up with so what is the one thing that has been the hardest to give up in your journey to a better you?

For me one of the hardest is carbs, I love a toasted bagel in the morning with so much butter that it is dripping off of it. I mean I love lots of foods, ice cream and chocolate and peanut butter in any combo of those 3 LOL. Another thing I love is the fried chicken that shoprite sells in there deli department but I think carbs have been the hardest to give up. I know I have the will to not eat them and I have given in at times and then got back in to my routine but even if i give in i still do all my workouts and don't give up on them because I must say I actually enjoy working out now.

That's funny OP because For me one of the hardest is carbs, I love a toasted bagel in the morning with so much butter that it is dripping off of it. I mean I love lots of foods, ice cream and chocolate and peanut butter in any combo of those 3 LOL. Another thing I love is the fried chicken that shoprite sells in there deli department but I think carbs have been the hardest to give up. I know I have the will to not eat them and I have given in at times and then got back in to my routine but even if i give in i still do all my workouts and don't give up on them because I must say I actually enjoy working out now.
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I havent given up anything except I dont drink as much beer as I used to. This is fine though as I was probably drinking way too much anyway.
  • happywithme12
    Options

Yes. -And for me, if I have a bagel ONE day, I will CRAVE it the next day.

Yes thank you this is exactly what i mean because it is sooooooooooo good i would just want to keep having one and that how i gained weight to begin with
  • lrice67
    lrice67 Posts: 1
    Options

I'm not the quoted poster, but I've cut WAY back on carbs*. Because I can really pack away a bagel (or two) in the morning and a big-*kitten* bowl of pasta for dinner. And rolls (with butter). My diet was very carb-heavy before, and is much more balanced now.

But even though I haven't cut them out completely, I still miss them.

*Starchy/bready/processed white flour carbs, that is. Not the good carbs from fruits & veggies.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sweets....any kind! :(
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Not sure if re: is aware that veggies have tons of fiber, or that fiber can be supplemented.
  • happywithme12
    Options

Granola bars are nutritionally pretty in distinguishable from candy bars. One carb is no healthier than another carb.

So one would not expect health benefits from eating a high fiber diet vs. a low fiber diet? :huh:

Granola bars typically have virtually no fiber.

actually my nature valley ones have 3 grams and fiber one has about 5 or more
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything. I eat a very balanced diet with a few "treats" once a week or so.
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Pizza and cheesecake.

I think I have a healthy version of pizza going... whole wheat, lots of veggies, no cheese. But, I can't figure out a good cheesecake replacement. It makes me sad. Lolz.
    I made these mini cheesecake tarts that are 80 calories each. They're TINY but it gives the satisfaction of a little bit of cheesecake!! I can't remember if I used regular or light cream cheese but light would definitely help. No way am I giving up cheesecake forever! :-)