Spices good or not?

Options

Replies

• valeriesmith1840
    valeriesmith1840 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    :) Well, since I'm not writing a book report I didn't realize I had to provide you with sources just to share my opinion on spices.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cancer/expert-answers/curcumin/faq-20057858

Here's a link if that makes your day. As I said, do a google search and there's lots of information about spices that may have beneficial impact on your health. This link talks about Turmeric (Curcumin is in Turmeric) and as I said it is SAID to prevent cancer. I suspect if it were a sure fire cure they'd have packaged it up long ago in pill form and begun charging an arm and a leg. There are lots of things that have health benefits that haven't been fully studied yet. Why is that so far fetched or mean I believe everything on the internet? You don't have to be snarky. You don't have to agree. OP asked what we thought and I shared. Very nicely I might add. :)

Did you read the first sentence in the third paragraph? Antioxidants..... Blueberries, yogurt, as well as other foods provide antioxidants. Do they help cure/fight/prevent cancer? As for garlic. Yes garlic helps with potential stress reduction; some people smell like chicken droppings when they eat too much and people avoid them.

Nope didn't read any of it. :)

I'm not surprised; it is your link and you didn't review it. Turmeric seems interesting enough I purchased some this weekend. I'll figure out how to use it with some frequency. If you think a few dietary changes will prevent cancer have at it. We cut it, kill it, or burn it. Not much has changed in the case of Cancer and maintenance; so food options may or not prove to be anything more then a rabbit hole but if they continue research then fantastic.

I was joking. I did read it, and it supported exactly what I claimed. I'm not sure if you've heard of sarcasm before.

Also I linked other sites that nobody is interested in reading either. LOL
  • valeriesmith1840
    Options
    :) Well, since I'm not writing a book report I didn't realize I had to provide you with sources just to share my opinion on spices.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cancer/expert-answers/curcumin/faq-20057858

Here's a link if that makes your day. As I said, do a google search and there's lots of information about spices that may have beneficial impact on your health. This link talks about Turmeric (Curcumin is in Turmeric) and as I said it is SAID to prevent cancer. I suspect if it were a sure fire cure they'd have packaged it up long ago in pill form and begun charging an arm and a leg. There are lots of things that have health benefits that haven't been fully studied yet. Why is that so far fetched or mean I believe everything on the internet? You don't have to be snarky. You don't have to agree. OP asked what we thought and I shared. Very nicely I might add. :)

Did you read the first sentence in the third paragraph? Antioxidants..... Blueberries, yogurt, as well as other foods provide antioxidants. Do they help cure/fight/prevent cancer? As for garlic. Yes garlic helps with potential stress reduction; some people smell like chicken droppings when they eat too much and people avoid them.

I have to say, I love the profile picture. It's like your baby is trying to run away yelling "This is my mother? Awww fk, get me out of here......or I'm doomed!"

That's awesome :) You must be a real upstanding person to basically call me a bad mother and decide my child hates me ... over spices.

I'm sure it's not you, just your snotty know it all, know nothing Google warrior attitude.

Also, she said stop feeding mashed kale. It's disgusting and she isn't a hippie.

Why should I be crying because I don't really care if a couple folks in an internet forum pick on me?

You're a peach. :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

I'm not surprised; it is your link and you didn't review it. Turmeric seems interesting enough I purchased some this weekend. I'll figure out how to use it with some frequency. If you think a few dietary changes will prevent cancer have at it. We cut it, kill it, or burn it. Not much has changed in the case of Cancer and maintenance; so food options may or not prove to be anything more then a rabbit hole but if they continue research then fantastic.

I was joking. I did read it, and it supported exactly what I claimed. I'm not sure if you've heard of sarcasm before.

I did read the pubmed link you provided. But it doesn't really say anything one way or another. It's very much "we should recommend this when more research has been done".
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Your source says there is not enough evidence to state it prevents cancer. How does that prove anything other than there isn't enough evidence?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

I have to say, I love the profile picture. It's like your baby is trying to run away yelling "This is my mother? Awww fk, get me out of here......or I'm doomed!"

That was uncalled for!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

I was joking. I did read it, and it supported exactly what I claimed.

Except that it did nothing of the sort...
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Spices are good, unless we are talking spice girls. Then they are bad.

I don't want to be friends anymore.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

That I will agree with...no source necessary!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

So, tell me what you want. What you really, really want.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Stop, Spice up your life, Spice up your love, If U can't dance, Move Over and Step to me.

:*
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

Stop, Spice up your life, Spice up your love, If U can't dance, Move Over and Step to me.

Dance party !!
  • valeriesmith1840
    Options
    Ok. I give in. You are right. I'm wrong. :) I have way too much to do to indulge in this any more. LOL
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Wtf happened to this thread?

Spice Girls' song Tell Me What U Want, according to i think it was the producer, is about how they each like sex. I sure wasn't interested in knowing that, lol
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Spice Girls' song Tell Me What U Want, according to i think it was the producer, is about how they each like sex. I sure wasn't interested in knowing that, lol

I think that might be more saucy than spicy...
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »

Dance party !!

ifb2yoepdmy6.png
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

If you,wanna be my lover
    You gotta get with my friends

Ok then ....
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

OMG! Wow! Sorry, couldn't hear the sarcasm in your voice...oh wait. In the future, writing (sarcasm) after a post you want the gen pop to know is sarcastic really helps.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

If you,wanna be my lover

Ok then ....

I hate you all...damn their crappy songs for being catchy and impossible to remove from your head
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

If you,wanna be my lover

Ok then ....

I hate you all...damn their crappy songs for being catchy and impossible to remove from your head

Mission accomplished.