I'd love to find some more short women! 5'4 and under :)

Options

Replies

• iammelli
    iammelli Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3 , 25 and started at 172, im now 126, add me if you want and we'll share food and exercise tips, my diary is public everyday to my friends and i find it very motivational :)
  • kilverstone
    kilverstone Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", feel free to add me. I work full time and have always done diets on and off over the years. Trying to make a better life change this go around and stick with it. Got a ways to go yet but will get there one day at a time. I joined the 40 Day Challenge to try and keep myself accountable!
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,393 Member
    Options
    Hi Catie,

Not in your age group but had been a yo-yo dieter for years. Two years ago, I made the commitment to eat to live and not live to eat.
    I am barely 5'4" and went from 220 to a current 137. I still have 12 to 17 pounds to go. Probably the hardest because I am building muscle. My weight ticker on here is not accurate because it measured my weight when I came on this site and not what I had already lost.

Here is a good article on yo-yo dieting. Something to wrap your head around.
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/yo-yo-dieting-dangers

Making a commitment to stop meant that I had to examine why I was that way and what were the triggers that made me eat food. I am orally fixated in that I like to have something in my mouth. I smoked for a short while when I was in high school and college. Quit cold turkey when I was 22. Never went back. My weight issues started after that with the yo-yo syndrome. I also am an emotional eater. Our society wraps everything around food. (Holidays, parties, celebrations, over the hump day...lol...so it can be hard.)

I finally said that my health was too important to me to keep putting myself through that. I wanted to go my last years in life as good or better then the first 30 years of my life.
    Here are some things that have helped me. I started logging my food in writing. Using the log on here is great. Be honest. Some times we don't realize what we eat until we can visually see what we consumed. I quickly realized that I was eating way to much food.
    Next I went through the sugar withdrawal. I had to get my system over the craving of it so that I could move on. Once I purged myself of all those carbs and sweets, things got easier and better. I soon found other foods tasted just as good and I could have more of them too.
    Also, get support from your boyfriend, people on here and people around you. I had a hubby to support me and in the process changed many of his eating habits and lost about 30 pounds too. You will quickly find out who are your supporters. I have three people at work to talk to. They have lost weight and are maintaining it. You will find out fast who mental try to sabotage your efforts as you get lower in weight. They say things like, "you don't need to lose anymore weight, your thin enough". It is some feelings of insecurity on their part and maybe a bit of envy or jealousy too. They mean well but it is important you stick to your priorities.

Two more things. Don't go on a diet. A diet is something you go on and off of. Make this a lifestyle change. I am still losing weight, the right way...slowly and with proper nutrition and exercise. If I went on a diet, I would have gained my weight back eventually, thus yo-yo dieting. People ask me what is my secret. I tell them there is no secret. My weight did not happen over night and it is not going away over night. Everyone wants instant success. Anything that is worthwhile is worth working hard for. I think health is worth it.

Last thing...this always helps me when I want to reach for that cookie or sweets. A friend told that it will still be there when I am ready for it. There will always be cookies, cake, donuts, pizza etc. When I am ready to have it, it will be there for me to partake of. I truth I don't desire it anymore but its nice to know that I can have it.

Sorry for being so long winded. Would be glad to chat anytime. Feel free to add me.
  • bugzinc
    bugzinc Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    In case you didnt know...Short girls rock...I heart them. Yep. I said it.
  • Kimmywells
    Kimmywells Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You can add me 149 lbs 5'1".
  • nikki2001
    nikki2001 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like I'm 4'10 :)
  • captainkat07
    Options
    I'm friends with the OP already but to everyone else, please feel free to add me!! I'm 4'11" tall and currently 120 pounds. My goal is 105.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    As a short guy, i'd love to find some more short, 5'4 and under, women myself!
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    ok i maybe the shortest 5'1 and i think i'm shinking as i get older lol feel free to add me :smile:
  • jackievera
    jackievera Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 also feel free to add me.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!! Feel free to add me. I'm 5'3 and currently weigh 136lbs. I'm about a size 0 or 2 right now (I have incredibly slender hips) just working on the leaning out process right now.
  • thumbingmyway524
    thumbingmyway524 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me :)
    5'2, size 14-16, from Ohio :)
    I'm Val, 25, and I love coming on here :) I log everyday :)
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 1/2 and about 130 today. Looking to lose 15 - 20 pounds and I'm definitely looking for more shorties. Please add me, guys!
  • haleymay4414
    Options
    Fellow shorties, please add me! 5'3 over here :)
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    We have a Group called Short Stacks! Look it up!:smile:
  • KhadijahTheGreat
    Options
    Hello. I'm a 22 year old full time student 5'4 190 lbs. I wear size 14/16 (very bottom heavy) and I'm trying to lose enough weight to feel comfortable in my bikini! I'm trying to look good this summer! Add me :) Shorties rule! Lol.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    @Khadijah(thegreat) awwwww that's my daughter's name ;)
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Great post. I'm 5' 2". Anyone feel free to add me. Would like to lend my support and encouragement. :smile:
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to find women, but I have no height restrictions.
  • lewiater
    lewiater Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am also I short woman (5 foot 4 and currently at 130 pounds). Looking to lose about 5 more pounds but looking into/researching how to build a lot of muscle! I am on here every day and I am very dedicated to mfp and need more friends who have similar goals! Feel free to add me, my diary is open :)