low bad carb ?

Options
Hey guys Im trying to do a low bad carb diet. Ive cut out all breads, cereals, sugars, and certain veggies and fruits. I feel pretty good. But my fat intake is very high protein is pretty good. Am I doing this right? I eat chicken, steak, tuna and pork.

Replies

• NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    OhI'm m trying to loose at least 30 lbs
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What fruit and veg have you cut out?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What is bad carb? If you want to eat low carb, you'll need to up your fat intake.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as bad carbs

If you're going low carb as your way to hit your calorie defecit then your protein and fats must rise accordingly

Vegetables and fruits are nutritionally excellent, it is a shame you feel the need to cut out specific ones
  • NewTnme
    Options
    I have cut out bananas Orange apples. I eat mixed berries strawberries and for veggies I eat all greens. And yellow squash. What I ment about bad carbs was my junk food. Cookies caked pies... oh and breads. Captain crunch fruity pebbles. .
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    There is no such thing as bad carbs

If you're going low carb as your way to hit your calorie defecit then your protein and fats must rise accordingly

Vegetables and fruits are nutritionally excellent, it is a shame you feel the need to cut out specific ones

+1
  • NewTnme
    Options
    I love those darn Ritz crackers I could eat 1 sleeve at at time. Its like if I have one I cant control myself.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    i wasn't aware that certain fruits and vegetables were "bad"....they're whole foods...that's just friggin ridiculous...

also, there's nothing wrong with breads or cereals. I would agree that most people could stand to reduce added sugars, but the sheer lack of anything resembling nutritional knowledge just astounds me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    NewTnme wrote: »
    I have cut out bananas Orange apples. I eat mixed berries strawberries and for veggies I eat all greens. And yellow squash. What I ment about bad carbs was my junk food. Cookies caked pies... oh and breads. Captain crunch fruity pebbles. .
    Are you planning to leave those out of your diet forever?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Why?
  • NewTnme
    Options
    I really dont know. I love bananas the potassium is good for me but the sugar in them are high and for some strange reason If I eat 1 the cravings began. Apples and oranges I can do without because of indigestion. I know its a life style change and its very hard.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I love those darn Ritz crackers I could eat 1 sleeve at at time. Its like if I have one I cant control myself.

If you can't control yourself then elimination in the short term is appropriate

You should eat the rainbow of vegetables

(I just made myself feel a little bit sick with that line so I hope it was worth it ;) )
  • NewTnme
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    i wasn't aware that certain fruits and vegetables were "bad"....they're whole foods...that's just friggin ridiculous...

also, there's nothing wrong with breads or cereals. I would agree that most people could stand to reduce added sugars

What whole grains do you recommend?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Hey guys Im trying to do a low bad carb diet. Ive cut out all breads, cereals, sugars, and certain veggies and fruits. I feel pretty good. But my fat intake is very high protein is pretty good. Am I doing this right? I eat chicken, steak, tuna and pork.

To lose weight eat the calories that MFP told you to for your weight loss goal. You don't have to totally eliminate foods or eat a special diet to lose weight.
    I've found that if I am eating the right number of calories, getting enough protein and eating several servings of vegetables or fruits that I'm just naturally eating less high carb low nutrition foods.
  • NewTnme
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

If you can't control yourself then elimination in the short term is appropriate

You should eat the rainbow of vegetables

(I just made myself feel a little bit sick with that line so I hope it was worth it ;) )

Lol. Ill make it worth it. :) Thank you.

• cwolfman13
    Options

the old saying, "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" is not just a bunch of BS...they are full of pectin (among other things) which is a soluble fiber and carries away bad cholesterol among other things...i've read a couple of studies which indicate that eating an apple per day may actually be as effective as statin therapy for people with cholesterol issues. It's also a low GI fruit for diabetics....
  • cwolfman13
    edited December 2015
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

also, there's nothing wrong with breads or cereals. I would agree that most people could stand to reduce added sugars
    What whole grains do you recommend?

I eat a lot of oats, brown rice, hardy whole grain breads, the occasional whole grain pasta, quinoa (actually a seed), barley, lentils (not a grain), and legumes (not a grain)
  • NewTnme
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

To lose weight eat the calories that MFP told you to for your weight loss goal. You don't have to totally eliminate foods or eat a special diet to lose weight.
    I've found that if I am eating the right number of calories, getting enough protein and eating several servings of vegetables or fruits that I'm just naturally eating less high carb low nutrition foods.

Ive tried that several times. It gives me 1200
    cals and ill be good for about 2 wks then all heck breaks loose then I binge. I would buy those 100calories cal cookie backs and fiber one bars. All they do is make me want more. Since I've cut out all of that boxed stuff I should say. Im not even as hungry as I used to be. I was just hoping my fat content was'nt too much. Im eating between 1250-1400 calls per day
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

That's probably a food you shouldn't eat very often then. I used to eat sleeves of plain crackers but I decided they just weren't worth it for the calorie count. They weren't doing much for me nutritionally and didn't help me to feel very full. I eat them pretty rarely now.