"Interesting" baby names

Options
Mustang_Susie
Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
With the arrival of Kim & Kanye's baby girl this week, it got me to thinking...

What are some interesting, odd and just downright weird names you have heard people name their babies?

I thought Apple was interesting until I heard North West...

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    With the arrival of Kim & Kanye's baby girl this week, it got me to thinking...

What are some interesting, odd and just downright weird names you have heard people name their babies?

I thought Apple was interesting until I heard North West...

Pepsi....and I am not kidding....
  • mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    North West is one of the most jacka$$ things to do to a kid.

My husband went to school with twins. They were Tajma (girl) and Carnegie (guy) Hall

ETA: I used to babysit for a woman who was named Rose Thorn. She used her middle name Carol and was married, taking his last name) when I met her though.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    North West is one of the most jacka$$ things to do to a kid.

My husband went to school with twins. They were Tajma (girl) and Carnegie (guy) Hall

Cruel :noway:
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Barack.
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    Apparently they call her "Northie" which is kind of cute. But they chose North because it means strong and powerful.

I like odd names. I would love to name my daughter Irelyn one day but my husband is like "HELL NO."

LOL!
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Moon Unit Zappa, daughter of Frank Zappa. Her siblings had odd names too, but I can't remember them. They were among the first odd names I heard when I was growing up.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Apparently they call her "Northie" which is kind of cute. But they chose North because it means strong and powerful.

I like odd names. I would love to name my daughter Irelyn one day but my husband is like "HELL NO."

LOL!

Give him some Ambien and he won't remember... :wink:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Moon Unit Zappa, daughter of Frank Zappa. Her siblings had odd names too, but I can't remember them. They were among the first odd names I heard when I was growing up.

I think Dweezil is another one of them.

My friend said there was a girl in her class at hair school who named her daughter Pajama. The Paj part was pronounced like Taj of Taj Mahal and the ama part would rhyme with Mama, Pajama.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options

definitely wierd
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    In for all the people who know someone who worked with someone who knew of babies who were named these names:

La'a
    Female
    Sh**head
    Lemonjello and Orangejello twins
    Placenta
    and whatever other urban myth names I have forgotten.

Oh how could I forget D'niece and D'nephew?!?!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Don't know them all, but her brother was Dweezil.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    IDK it's weird, but my bf was named with half of his parents name. Ros for his mom, Rosalyn and -ard for his dad, Leonard with an H in the middle for Heaven... Roshard.

We want to name our kid (when I pop one out) sort of the same... Elyn. El-for my mom (Eleaonora) and -yn for his mom, Rosalyn.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Grew up with a poor kid named Mike Hunt. He tried to get everyone to call him Michael. It never worked.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The weirdest one I heard was "A-a" pronounced "UH-DASH-UH" I will never get over that.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have actually considered naming our son Zenon, after a hockey player named Zenon Konopka (Played for the NYI for a while, which is my home team). Yes it's unusual, but we like it.

As for what others name their kid, I just about DIED when I found out Kim and Kanye named the baby North... sorry, it really is a dumb name.

Here's a fun little link that shows the top 100 weirdest baby names so of April 2010

http://www.parentdish.com/2010/04/05/parentdishs-100-weirdest-celebrity-baby-names/
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    Anfernee Hardaway and D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband went to school with a girl named Anita Boner (pronounced Bonner...but still...)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have actually considered naming our son Zenon, after a hockey player named Zenon Konopka (Played for the NYI for a while, which is my home team). Yes it's unusual, but we like it.

As for what others name their kid, I just about DIED when I found out Kim and Kanye named the baby North... sorry, it really is a dumb name.

Here's a fun little link that shows the top 100 weirdest baby names so of April 2010

http://www.parentdish.com/2010/04/05/parentdishs-100-weirdest-celebrity-baby-names/

Ah yes, Fifi Trixibell wax one of my favorites :tongue:
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    I want to name my son Bartlebe lol