"Interesting" baby names

Options

Replies

• Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a girl named Nida Lone...

Ironically, she works at a bank now!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Appleonia. We called her Apple.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    I heard that someone named their child SofaKingRad after this *kitten* who used to be on MFP and deactivated.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Names that either contain a geographic location like a state or a last name.

Oh and I remember a girl during school who's name was Candida :laugh:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Appleonia. We called her Apple.

Now that I think about it, there is a girl at my daughter's school named Apollonia and they call her Apple.
    They have a strong Italian heritage and her sister is named Isabella so it kind of fits.
    She is a sweet (no pun intended) girl, and the name is cute for her.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Names that either contain a geographic location like a state or a last name.

Oh and I remember a girl during school who's name was Candida :laugh:

:noway: :noway: :huh:
  • SimplySabR
    SimplySabR Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The weirdest one I heard was "A-a" pronounced "UH-DASH-UH" I will never get over that.

I can verify this. I work in the court system. We had a defendant who's name was La-a. And she said, head bobbing and all:

"cuz THE DASH A'INT SILENT".

I will say that I feel as though the weirder names have a high incidence in the court system. Cocaine was a recent one.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I read this off the STFUParents website a while ago but it always stuck with me as a couple of the "worst" names. EVER. They are twins, apparently.

Vadgesty Foxi Maiden
    Vagena Tamphen Pohtaytar

Not sure how true it is, but still...**shudder**
  • SimplySabR
    SimplySabR Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The weirdest one I heard was "A-a" pronounced "UH-DASH-UH" I will never get over that.

Just like Le-ah, Ledasha. I guess the dash don't be silent.

I can verify this. I work in the court system. We had a defendant who's name was La-a. And she said, head bobbing and all:

"cuz THE DASH A'INT SILENT".

I will say that I feel as though the weirder names have a high incidence in the court system. Cocaine was a recent one.

HAHA, just saw this comment after I posted mine. Which means...there is more than one. AWESOME!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    George Foreman has 5 sons named George.

in total defiance of what roman numerals are "supposed" to mean at the end of the name (hint: it's a generational descriptor).

he named them as such:

George Jr., George III, George IV, George V, and George VI

nobody can top this for "interesting" baby names. and by "interesting", i mean "dumb".
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    grew up with a kid named Jasand.

not Jason...Jasand.

dude pissed the bed til he was like 10.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    George Foreman has 5 sons named George.

in total defiance of what roman numerals are "supposed" to mean at the end of the name (hint: it's a generational descriptor).

he named them as such:

George Jr., George III, George IV, George V, and George VI

nobody can top this for "interesting" baby names. and by "interesting", i mean "dumb".

Well, he didn't need to remember five different names and they could hand down their monogram sweaters...
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has been said, but I've actually seen sh|thead pronounced shi-they-add.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Our oldest is Grant. Our second son's name was to begin with an L after Wifey's deceased grandma, Lilly. We both liked Lee but decided on Logan due to the Civil War.

And if there had been a third it would have been Custer... amirite? :wink:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Not sure if this has been said, but I've actually seen sh|thead pronounced shi-they-add.

That's almost like putting a curse on a kid.
    Do they really want him/her to fail in life? :huh:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I grew up in SA where one of the local tampon brands was Lilletts. My aunt's sister's name is Lillette. When my grandma was first introduced to her, her only response was "How unfortunate" as she extended her hand for the handshake.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I grew up in SA where one of the local tampon brands was Lilletts. My aunt's sister's name is Lillette. When my grandma was first introduced to her, her only response was "How unfortunate" as she extended her hand for the handshake.

:laugh:
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Oslo. A girl I went to high school with named her son Oslo. She has lived in Texas her whole life. I wonder if she even knows where Norway is on a map?

Rebel. Also a high school friend. Named her daughter this. Sounds like a lot to live up to.

And my favorite, also from a high school friend,...Gatsby and Guthrie (like Woody Guthrie.) I am praying she has a third and names him Garfunkel.

People make my head hurt.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Oslo. A girl I went to high school with named her son Oslo. She has lived in Texas her whole life. I wonder if she even knows where Norway is on a map?

Rebel. Also a high school friend. Named her daughter this. Sounds like a lot to live up to.

And my favorite, also from a high school friend,...Gatsby and Guthrie (like Woody Guthrie.) I am praying she has a third and names him Garfunkel.

People make my head hurt.

Or twins, Simon and Garfunkel?
  • __stacyb
    __stacyb Posts: 306
    Options
    I let my husband name our daughter and lets just say people never spell it right and it's rarely pronounced right :ohwell: