Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Hockey!?

Options
jlisa24
jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member
Anyone like hockey?
...oh, just me.

Favorite team?

Go Kings Go!

Replies

• M111111111
    M111111111 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Me! I've been playing my whole life. Leafs fan :#
  • jlisa24
    Options
    Thats awesome! I just started my 5yr old daughter in hockey - cool to hear youve played.
  • M111111111
    Options
    Ah that's awesome! It's so great that girls hockey has grown so much over the years
  • henshemi
    henshemi Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Ahhh yeaahhh! Canadian here eh!
    I'm a hockey fan....leafs are my team. Sundin fan!!
    @jsummd she's an Oilers fan!
  • M111111111
    Options
    Woooot another leafs fan!!
  • henshemi
    Options
    I stay off the ice now. At my age, it becomes a lazy man sport. So I play ball hockey 3 times a week. Quite aggressive!
  • cdlee1010
    cdlee1010 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Let's go Wild!! I still play but like someone said, it's become very lazy. Still fun though
  • jlisa24
    Options
    Havent played, though I am an obsessive fan. :#iiibkdyc1vny.jpg
  • jlisa24
    Options
    Seems like a lot of people have played.

Being from Southern California, not many people around here play... but it seems like colder states (obvi I know) everyone has played!
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    jlisa, they have a roller hockey league in Santa Monica/Venice
  • DrFever100
    DrFever100 Posts: 5,899 Member
    Options
    GRETZKY!!!
  • jlisa24
    Options
    jlisa, they have a roller hockey league in Santa Monica/Venice

Woohoo! That would be super fun.

They have ice leagues here in OC too - at anaheim ice / The Rinks (where the ducks practice). I can skate, just no experience playing on ice. Bummer :(
  • jlisa24
    Options
    DrFever100 wrote: »
    GRETZKY!!!

99! ♡
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    Kariya/Teemu Selanne duo fan growing up. Kings are cool too, but Ducks because I liked their jerseys in the video games.
  • jlisa24
    Options
    Haha! Too funny. I come from a family of kings fans, I had no choice ;)

Selanne was such a legend. He was a great player. Also, who didn't love the ducks because of the movies!?
  • jlisa24
    Options
    I was a Blake, Robitalle, O'Die fan. Now it's all about Quick and Doughty. Another great team and season so far!
  • barrski145
    barrski145 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've played a little and am an avid Original 6 fan. Being from S/E Mich the Wings top the list. My favorite players are Howe, Lindsey, Orr Yzerman and Lidstrom. And I've had the luxury of seeing all but Lindsey play.
  • jlisa24
    Options
    Orig 6, yeah the wings are good. I saw the wings / kings play last year when Det came out to LA.

All great players of course. Tatar and Larkin really turning up this season!

GKG :)
  • barrski145
    barrski145 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yeah, they have a good team this year but it's not the same as when Yzerman, Shanahan, Robitaille, Federov, Hull Lidstrom were all on the team. That was fun to watch. Not fair to everyone else but fun for me lol.

And I think my favorites from LA will always be Blake (devistating checker) Robitaille, and Kurri. They had some great teams to watch. Always gives the Wings a tough time.
  • henshemi
    Options
    Kariya/Teemu Selanne duo fan growing up. Kings are cool too, but Ducks because I liked their jerseys in the video games.

Great duo! Love them guys! No one will ever beat or come close to Selanne's 76 goals rookie year. He's incredible!