Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Hockey!?

Options

Replies

• brillmer87
    brillmer87 Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    jlisa24 wrote: »
    Anyone like hockey?
    ...oh, just me.

Favorite team?

Go Kings Go!

It's hard to say this sometimes but being from toronto.. I'm a leaf fan..

Grats on your win tonight :disappointed:
  • Amazingday
    Amazingday Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Iggy585 wrote: »
    LgEWRbT.gif

Brad Marchand? :D

AGREED!!!! WOULD LOVE HIM GONE!
  • jlisa24
    jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    brillmer87 wrote: »
    Anyone like hockey?
    ...oh, just me.

Favorite team?

Go Kings Go!

Ah youre not the only one! I think there a couple of girls here who are leaf fans :)

Unfortunately.... lol jk :smiley:
  • brillmer87
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Anyone like hockey?
    ...oh, just me.

Favorite team?

Go Kings Go!

Ah youre not the only one! I think there a couple of girls here who are leaf fans :)

It's not an easy job.

I went to probably 25 games the year of the half season

You know.. when toronto was up 3 goals with 10 mins left and lost in game 7 to Boston...

I was at games 4 6 and 7 .... :( sigh
  • jlisa24
    Options
    Anyone like hockey?
    ...oh, just me.

Favorite team?

Go Kings Go!

It's not an easy job.

You know.. when toronto was up 3 goals with 10 mins left and lost in game 7 to Boston...

jddba0bzd6lu.jpg
  • brillmer87
    Options
    Anyone like hockey?
    ...oh, just me.

Favorite team?

Go Kings Go!

It's not an easy job.

jddba0bzd6lu.jpg
    tumblr_mg4irlfJsd1rlv3lmo1_500.gif
  • jlisa24
    Options
    Anyone like hockey?
    ...oh, just me.

Favorite team?

Go Kings Go!

It's not an easy job.

jddba0bzd6lu.jpg

lol thats cute. One more for good fun :)

s4iqr2whrcgs.jpg
  • brillmer87
    Options
    Anyone like hockey?
    ...oh, just me.

Favorite team?

Go Kings Go!

It's not an easy job.

jddba0bzd6lu.jpg

s4iqr2whrcgs.jpg

00bKU4-518715584.jpg

seriously though, im gonna cry :( LOL <3
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Devils fan here....born and raised.....loved playing hockey, but life kinda took over
  • jlisa24
    Options
    Anyone like hockey?
    ...oh, just me.

Favorite team?

Go Kings Go!

It's not an easy job.

jddba0bzd6lu.jpg

s4iqr2whrcgs.jpg

00bKU4-518715584.jpg

seriously though, im gonna cry :( LOL <3

haha! Thats pretty awesome! :)
  • jlisa24
    Options
    fireguy262 wrote: »
    Devils fan here....born and raised.....loved playing hockey, but life kinda took over

Life always takes over :'(

Im amazed how many men here play in leagues, looks fun!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

Growing up north of Detroit, we spent our winters playing hockey in our backyards. Almost every yard had a rectangular garden area in the backyard, and we would fill that up with water and it became a nice little hockey rink over night! I wonder if kids still do that (I live in Ohio now, which is a hockey wasteland with almost no interest from kids).
  • jlisa24
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »

Growing up north of Detroit, we spent our winters playing hockey in our backyards. Almost every yard had a rectangular garden area in the backyard, and we would fill that up with water and it became a nice little hockey rink over night! I wonder if kids still do that (I live in Ohio now, which is a hockey wasteland with almost no interest from kids).

I am amazed by these stories. My ex is also from just north of Detroit and he tells me of skating outside, backyards, lakes, any water that has frozen over etc. I swear that is only crap you see in movies that always ends in tragedies lol like little johnny was out playing hockey and fell through the ice :D
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I am amazed by these stories. My ex is also from just north of Detroit and he tells me of skating outside, backyards, lakes, any water that has frozen over etc. I swear that is only crap you see in movies that always ends in tragedies lol like little johnny was out playing hockey and fell through the ice :D

My only brush with "tragedy" was falling through thin ice on a swamp - it was only 3 feet deep, so my only loss was an ice skate that got stuck in the muck and was pulled off my foot while I escaped, lol! It was a long walk home soaked with swamp water on a winter day, but at least my friends got a great laugh from it...
  • jlisa24
    Options

My only brush with "tragedy" was falling through thin ice on a swamp - it was only 3 feet deep, so my only loss was an ice skate that got stuck in the muck and was pulled off my foot while I escaped, lol! It was a long walk home soaked with swamp water on a winter day, but at least my friends got a great laugh from it...

If that were me id just be like "no, just go, leave me here. Say goodbye to my family for me..." haha
  • RNGRZulu
    RNGRZulu Posts: 3,964 Member
    Options

If that were me id just be like "no, just go, leave me here. Say goodbye to my family for me..." haha

Pond hockey...the younger kids (me) were used as the zamboni...dragged along the ice to clear the snow. Which also meant we were the test dummies in case the ice broke.
  • jlisa24
    Options
    RNGRZulu wrote: »

Pond hockey...the younger kids (me) were used as the zamboni...dragged along the ice to clear the snow. Which also meant we were the test dummies in case the ice broke.

lol omg thats too funny... and so scary!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Go Habs.
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options

definitely going to be building a backyard rink for the kids when its time....if it ever gets cold enough in NJ
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options

We used to play in the street and yell "Car!!!!!" every time a car came and had to drag the nets to the curb.