Anyone doing 4 hour body?

Options
Happily ate my way to 6lb Christmas gain. Then just lost 3lbs in 2 days #4hb. Anyone else using 4Hour Body??

Replies

• cinthyaclarke
    cinthyaclarke Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Husband and I started 4HB on 12/29. 5 days ago. I've lost 2, he's lost 4. We feel GREAT and eat a ton. Wish I had found this sooner!
  • vilenski193
    vilenski193 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What is this ?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What is this ?

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/expert-reviews-timothy-ferriss-4-hour-body?page=1

An expert view on the diet, It is a load of woo. To lose weight you just need to eat less and move more. Keep reading the boards especially the stickie threads, good luck :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    the claims of this "diet" are ridiculous. you arent going to gain 34 lbs of muscle in 28 days without steroids. even with them I doubt that would happen,sleeping 2 hrs a day and feeling rested? ummm no(unless you are hyperactive or have a health issue then maybe but not for the general population),also losing that much weight in so short of a time, most of it will be water weight/glycogen stores and not fat.and the use of ice? LMAO yeah you might end up with ice burns or possible frostbite but thats about it.
  • cinthyaclarke
    Options
    I've been eating double my recommended calories and still losing weight so it's working for me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    It's just another pseudoscience diet program. Weight loss is dependent on one thing: CICO and having a moderate calorie deficit. And that's FREE to do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cinthyaclarke
    Options
    That's not true for me. I cannot lose weight on reduced calories. Tried SO many times. Ate little and worked out like crazy. Nothing. This is a slow carb diet and I don't know if it will work long term but I'm excited to find out. I've lost weight this week eating twice my mfp recommended cal intake.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    "Cottage cheese speeds fat loss". Lol
    That's enough to put me off
  • cinthyaclarke
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There are so many comments here that are not in line with the book. Have any of you read it? I'm not eating cottage cheese. I'm sleeping regularly at nights.
  • biodigit
    biodigit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    This just shows how lucrative the fitness industry is. You can practically come up with anything out of your *kitten* and people will believe and fall prey to it. I should seriously consider starting my own 'magik diet' program. *ponders*
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    CICO trumps psuedo-science diet plans every time.
  • cinthyaclarke
    Options
    Glad CICO worked for you, but no, not every time.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Glad CICO worked for you, but no, not every time.

Yes, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Diet plans such as this take advantage of the fact that people are prone to overestimating their activity and underestimating their intake ... then swearing that basic physics don't apply to them.
  • cinthyaclarke
    Options
    I've cut my calories down slowly until I finally got down to 800 per day well still during an hour a day of HIIT, at which point I'm sure I was in starvation mode and it was pointless to keep trying.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode is a myth and if you didn't lose weight eating 800 calories a day you were probably severely underestimating your calories. Did you weight your food? Plus it's pretty impossible to do a hitt workout on 800 calories a day
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    If you were truly doing HIIT, you wouldn't be able to do an hour ... much less an hour per day. Starvation mode where the body somehow holds fat, or even more outlandish somehow gains in a deficit, is a debunked myth. At 800 calories of gross intake, sedentary people lose weight ... it goes to the basic math that is at the core of gain/loss.
  • cinthyaclarke
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm only 5'2" so I don't require much, but yes, I weighed my food religiously. You're correct, that was a bit of an exaggeration. I was doing Jillian Michael's 45 min work out and 10 mins of that was warm-up/cool down so only 35 mins per day, 6 days per week. And I'm telling you, 800 calories per day. Did not lose weight. I have 3 children. I rarely get to see the couch. I'm absolutely not sedentary.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    if you weighed food accurately and still not losing weight then I would go to the dr and have them run tests because something is wrong,for you not to lose weight at so little calories.even at 5'2, there are women on here who eat more than 1300 calories a day and still lose weight at that height.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I don't do Ferris, but I do try to build a diet where the majority of my carbs are "slow carbs". Have been for about 14 years.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    That's not true for me. I cannot lose weight on reduced calories. Tried SO many times. Ate little and worked out like crazy. Nothing. This is a slow carb diet and I don't know if it will work long term but I'm excited to find out. I've lost weight this week eating twice my mfp recommended cal intake.
    Sorry, but not buying it. Unless it's water weight, you CANNOT lose weight (reduce mass) unless you're in a calorie deficit. That's just how physiology works.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png