Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    5oy0kzal5o82.jpg
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I think this thread is going to deliver....in about 9 months.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Where do you get off, speaking in this manner?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Where do you get off, speaking in this manner?

Look at this one! I like your spunk!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I have to hand it to you guys.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    This is the type of nonsense I've come to expect from MFP lately.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    C-c-c-c-combo breaker!!
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Free Willy B)
  • carriejglenn
    carriejglenn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What is this ?

It's a really awesome approach to not only diet and exercise, but the way we see our body!
  • carriejglenn
    Options
    Glad CICO worked for you, but no, not every time.

Yes, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Diet plans such as this take advantage of the fact that people are prone to overestimating their activity and underestimating their intake ... then swearing that basic physics don't apply to them.
    Starvation mode is a myth and if you didn't lose weight eating 800 calories a day you were probably severely underestimating your calories. Did you weight your food? Plus it's pretty impossible to do a hitt workout on 800 calories a day
    If you were truly doing HIIT, you wouldn't be able to do an hour ... much less an hour per day. Starvation mode where the body somehow holds fat, or even more outlandish somehow gains in a deficit, is a debunked myth. At 800 calories of gross intake, sedentary people lose weight ... it goes to the basic math that is at the core of gain/loss.
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    That's not true for me. I cannot lose weight on reduced calories. Tried SO many times. Ate little and worked out like crazy. Nothing. This is a slow carb diet and I don't know if it will work long term but I'm excited to find out. I've lost weight this week eating twice my mfp recommended cal intake.
    Sorry, but not buying it. Unless it's water weight, you CANNOT lose weight (reduce mass) unless you're in a calorie deficit. That's just how physiology works.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Luckily for me, my results (and previous lack there of) are not contingent upon you buying it. I haven't been on this long enough to say beyond doubt that it will work long term, but I have seen others have amazing results with low carb lifestyles, eating an abundance of calories each day and never working out. How does CICO explain that?

It doesn't because science. You need to open your diary to prove it.

Hey friends, you're probably trying to help and it's appreciated and since you saw the headline of this thread, it was your choice to enter. That said, be polite! Don't call out someone here and ridicule her and tell her she needs to prove s**t to you! Can see this topic is subject to debate. He question is, can you do so with decorum?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Glad CICO worked for you, but no, not every time.

Yes, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Diet plans such as this take advantage of the fact that people are prone to overestimating their activity and underestimating their intake ... then swearing that basic physics don't apply to them.
    Starvation mode is a myth and if you didn't lose weight eating 800 calories a day you were probably severely underestimating your calories. Did you weight your food? Plus it's pretty impossible to do a hitt workout on 800 calories a day
    If you were truly doing HIIT, you wouldn't be able to do an hour ... much less an hour per day. Starvation mode where the body somehow holds fat, or even more outlandish somehow gains in a deficit, is a debunked myth. At 800 calories of gross intake, sedentary people lose weight ... it goes to the basic math that is at the core of gain/loss.
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    That's not true for me. I cannot lose weight on reduced calories. Tried SO many times. Ate little and worked out like crazy. Nothing. This is a slow carb diet and I don't know if it will work long term but I'm excited to find out. I've lost weight this week eating twice my mfp recommended cal intake.
    Sorry, but not buying it. Unless it's water weight, you CANNOT lose weight (reduce mass) unless you're in a calorie deficit. That's just how physiology works.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Luckily for me, my results (and previous lack there of) are not contingent upon you buying it. I haven't been on this long enough to say beyond doubt that it will work long term, but I have seen others have amazing results with low carb lifestyles, eating an abundance of calories each day and never working out. How does CICO explain that?

It doesn't because science. You need to open your diary to prove it.

Hey friends, you're probably trying to help and it's appreciated and since you saw the headline of this thread, it was your choice to enter. That said, be polite! Don't call out someone here and ridicule her and tell her she needs to prove s**t to you! Can see this topic is subject to debate. He question is, can you do so with decorum?

I didn't call her out ... I called out the mistruths in her comments. There is a difference.

BTW, the other person you called out just now is a moderator.
  • carriejglenn
    Options
    I'm only 5'2" so I don't require much, but yes, I weighed my food religiously. You're correct, that was a bit of an exaggeration. I was doing Jillian Michael's 45 min work out and 10 mins of that was warm-up/cool down so only 35 mins per day, 6 days per week. And I'm telling you, 800 calories per day. Did not lose weight. I have 3 children. I rarely get to see the couch. I'm absolutely not sedentary.

Know how you feel! I've tried a zillion different diets and programs and have had zero success. I actually broke a year's "gaining" pattern FINALLY with 4 Hour Diet. It's easy to stick to and makes you think about your body in a way that doesn't focus on calories, being fat, or other body-shaming ideas. And glad you like it and it's working for you! Please don't feel you have to justify it to people on any thread who are rudely telling you to prove it!
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Tell me, do you follow this diet to the tea? The cold water plunge?
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    I'm only 5'2" so I don't require much, but yes, I weighed my food religiously. You're correct, that was a bit of an exaggeration. I was doing Jillian Michael's 45 min work out and 10 mins of that was warm-up/cool down so only 35 mins per day, 6 days per week. And I'm telling you, 800 calories per day. Did not lose weight. I have 3 children. I rarely get to see the couch. I'm absolutely not sedentary.

Know how you feel! I've tried a zillion different diets and programs and have had zero success. I actually broke a year's "gaining" pattern FINALLY with 4 Hour Diet. It's easy to stick to and makes you think about your body in a way that doesn't focus on calories, being fat, or other body-shaming ideas. And glad you like it and it's working for you! Please don't feel you have to justify it to people on any thread who are rudely telling you to prove it!

It truly is a shame that you consider noting fallacies and statements that counter science as "rudely telling you to prove it". Of course, that is exactly why the diet industry is a multi-billion dollar industry ... people would rather try "a zillion different diets and programs" than apply simple, basic scientifically sound principles to the issue at hand.
  • carriejglenn
    Options
    I didn't call her out ... I called out the mistruths in her comments. There is a difference.

BTW, the other person you called out just now is a moderator.[/quote]

Dude. Just asking everyone to step down, and back off, that's all! This woman is finally losing some weight after trying lots of other things. Kudos! She should be CONGRATULATED not treated like a liar.

And good. Moderators should be an EXAMPLE, they should not be joining a mob of commenters. As a newbie, seeing all those negative comments about what I am doing kind of sucks. Luckily I'm not worried what others think but other people might be.

Just asking everyone to rethink their aggressive style of commenting especially if you want to convince others of your point of view.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    So you get to express your point of view but those countering using fact and logic and going point by point are to "step down, and back off"?

People actually eating 800 calories per day lose weight ... especially when exercising. People don't do true HIIT for an hour every day ... it is simply too taxing on multiple systems in the body. CICO is the driving factor in any diet plan, including this one ... if you accept that truth or not does not change that it is the truth.
  • tincanonastring
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Dude. Just asking everyone to step down, and back off, that's all! This woman is finally losing some weight after trying lots of other things. Kudos! She should be CONGRATULATED not treated like a liar.

And good. Moderators should be an EXAMPLE, they should not be joining a mob of commenters. As a newbie, seeing all those negative comments about what I am doing kind of sucks. Luckily I'm not worried what others think but other people might be.

Just asking everyone to rethink their aggressive style of commenting especially if you want to convince others of your point of view.
    Let's be honest. Someone who has been suckered into a fad diet isn't going to be convinced they are wrong no matter how nice the messenger. The only thing that's going to change their mind is when they fail. It's sad, but that's the way it goes, and lending a voice of support when you don't understand the concepts being discussed is doing a far worse disservice to the OP than anyone here.
  • jennymaui
    jennymaui Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cinthyaclark- I'm with you- I'm currently reading the book after listening to podcasts interviewing NASA scientist Ray Cronise. Obviously the other replies to your post are from people who have not read the book. Haters gonna hate. :)
  • queenliz99
    Options
    jennymaui wrote: »
    Cinthyaclark- I'm with you- I'm currently reading the book after listening to podcasts interviewing NASA scientist Ray Cronise. Obviously the other replies to your post are from people who have not read the book. Haters gonna hate. :)

Nice try though. I read the book and my eyes could not roll any further back in my head. The book was dumb, so hater me hates it.