Replies

• smilelaughlove17
    smilelaughlove17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• smilelaughlove17
    smilelaughlove17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    First time running in a snow storm, 4 inches on the roads it wasn't that bad, actually I had a good run.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1/1: 6.2 miles
    1/2: 11.6 miles
    1/3: Rest/Travel day
    1/4: 10 miles
    1/5: Rest day
    1/6: 4 miles (am), 8 miles tempo (pm)
    1/7: 4 miles (am), 6 miles with the Thursday crew (pm)
    1/8: Rest day
    1/9: 12.2 miles with the Saturday crew
    1/10: 5 miles
    1/11: 5.8 miles with "Joe-to-Go" crew
    1/12: Rest day
    1/13: 4 miles treadmill (am), 7.1 miles with Wednesday crew (pm)
    1/14: 6 miles (am), no second run :[
    1/15: Rest day
    1/16: 7 miles with Saturday crew
    1/17: 10 miles
    1/18: 6 miles with "Joe-to-Go" crew

Chilly, slick run today! We had a bit of snow last night, but most of it either didn't stick or turned to thin ice on the streets and sidewalks overnight. Wasn't much fun in the dark, but at least there was a group to yell, "Ice!" about once a minute ;) Even though I find it almost impossible to get up at 5:15 for a 6:00 am run in the winter (summertime: no problem!), it is worth it for the social coffee time afterward. I cannot wait for it to start being light earlier.

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    4/3: Caesar Rodney HM
    5/1: New Jersey Marathon
    6/12: Race and Ride Cedar Point HM (maybe)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @9voice9 - congrats on finishing the HM and getting a PR!! Awesome!!
    @juliet3455 - as one who could easily be left behind, Thanks!
    @Elise4270 - my trainer told me he would get me to a size 2 and then build me back up to a size 4...lol... he was right. Pants I bought before now don't fit over my butt and the thighs are tight, waist is fine. I am good with it though! Loving being muscular and having some curves, such as they are and it is a good excuse, but then I never need one to but more running gear :)

Wow! I need your trainer. I'm still in a 4-8 depending on the brand and cut. But, eh I'm fine as long as I'm no longer playing Fat Roll Round Up when I sit. I have a butt now so I'll take what ever the scale says. :wink:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    1-Rest day
    2-Flare/rest day
    3-13.13mi The first six had me convinced i was going to turn around. the rest was nice.
    4-rest day
    5-pain day :(
    6-3.23 mi. it looked slow but i ran fartlek-esque, but still had to avoid ice flows.
    7-6.46 mi it was fun. I pushed hard. I'm glad my heart monitor works again.
    8-rest day
    9-4.75 mi on treadmill.
    10-rest day
    11-too cold and icey. -7 is just too cold even for me
    12-slept in after walking the dogs. too icey now with a fresh coating of snow over it. hoping to get in an hour at the gym
    13-3.7mi on treadmill. got to my third fastest speed. hoping to keep improving. and yoga
    14-5.28mi
    15-no yoga, rest day
    16-3.25mi. race day. fun race. smaller. was 10 out of 21 in my age group

exercise.png

RACES:
    Jan 16-Frosty 5k-done 33:43:123 (gun time-don't have chip time)
    Feb 13-Steve Cullen Run
    Feb 13-21 Puppy Love Virtual Run 10k
    ?Mar 14-Great Pi Run?
    ?Jun 11-Rock n Sole 5 or 8k? honeymoon might interfere

• KatEmmaMarie
    KatEmmaMarie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

This weekend was a rough one. Since Friday I've been getting these terrible stomach cramps on and off. I don't know what causes them and nothing eases them. I just have to ride them out which can take days. I first got them after going to an all you can eat sushi place and assumed it was either food poisoning or my body just rebelled against eating a lot of food in one sitting (It was the summer after I'd finally lost all the weight and was maintaining at my goal). It got to the point where I couldn't work because I was hunched over in pain for hours and it lasted for at least 2 days. Then from that point on I'd get these pains randomly and I tried to pin point what was causing it, at one point I thought it was mushrooms so I cut those out of my diet. Then when I got the pain again while not eating mushrooms it put me back at square one. I even went to a gastroenterologist who ran tests, did an upper endoscopy and found nothing that could be causing the pain. Then recently I thought it was chicken that was causing it but I've been getting the pain randomly and haven't eaten chicken for 4 months.
    I am losing my mind over this! It makes everything difficult, exercising (especially running), eating anything, even just sitting up straight. I am so tempted to go home early today because I can't focus on anything, let alone move to do it. [/endrant]
  • JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My goal is 225 miles in January. Ran the Disney Marathon earlier this month. Over 125 miles so far this month. Starting new training cycle for the Knoxville TN marathon on April 3rd. Also would welcome a friend request from serious positive motivators. One key to success is to surround yourself with a small team of positive supporters.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

This weekend was a rough one. Since Friday I've been getting these terrible stomach cramps on and off. I don't know what causes them and nothing eases them. I just have to ride them out which can take days. I first got them after going to an all you can eat sushi place and assumed it was either food poisoning or my body just rebelled against eating a lot of food in one sitting (It was the summer after I'd finally lost all the weight and was maintaining at my goal). It got to the point where I couldn't work because I was hunched over in pain for hours and it lasted for at least 2 days. Then from that point on I'd get these pains randomly and I tried to pin point what was causing it, at one point I thought it was mushrooms so I cut those out of my diet. Then when I got the pain again while not eating mushrooms it put me back at square one. I even went to a gastroenterologist who ran tests, did an upper endoscopy and found nothing that could be causing the pain. Then recently I thought it was chicken that was causing it but I've been getting the pain randomly and haven't eaten chicken for 4 months.
    I am losing my mind over this! It makes everything difficult, exercising (especially running), eating anything, even just sitting up straight. I am so tempted to go home early today because I can't focus on anything, let alone move to do it. [/endrant]

I'm no expert, but it does sounds like a food allergy/intolerance. And when you are eating out you don't really know what for sure what the ingredients are so makes it hard to identify what caused it. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    exercise.png

Is the pain upper right and in to your shoulder? (Althought, my daughter had left pain with hers). Sounds to me like it could be gallbladder. Have you had a hidascan?

At the very least, I think you should see another doc. Maybe even an ER visit. I've heard some really bad stories with GI pain and it being life threatening. Take care.

Of course it could be food related, but I'd imagine you would have been able to identify that and food intolerance should be without sever pain.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @9voice9 Congrats on the half...great job!!!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    1/1-1/9-zero miles- respiratory infection
    1/10-5.9 miles
    1/11-4.0 miles
    1/12-4.0 miles plus strength training
    1/13-5.6 miles
    1/14-rest day (maybe some yoga)
    1/15-3.2 miles treadmill intervals
    1/16-9 miles
    1/17-4.3 miles

Was hoping to get in a nice run today since I am off for Martin Luther King day, but temp is 6 degrees with 15-25 mph winds causing wind chills to be -12. Not feeling that AT ALL. Looks like it will be a treadmill run and some strength training. I can only force myself to 45 or so minutes on the tready.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @kristinegift - Glad the toe is on the mend!
    @skippygirlsmom - Not crying is great! Glad your ITBS is steadily improving!
    @9voice9 - Congrats! I haven't done a full yet, but love doing the HM! Did one in 2014, three in 2015 and shooting for five or six this year. They are addictive and super enjoyable...the reward for training!

1/1 - 3.5 miles on treadmill
    1/2 - Nada :|
    1/3 - 3.75 miles on treadmill + weights
    1/4 - First day back to office / school...had to stay home to get kids moving and ready.
    1/5 - 4 miles on treadmill + 4.65 miles on stationary bike
    1/6 - 4.5 miles on indoor track followed by an extended stretching session.
    1/7 - Sick / rest day - not sick enough to stay home for the day, but didn't want to push it for a run :/
    1/8 - Another sick / rest day.
    1/9 - 4.1 miles on treadmill
    1/10 - 4 miles on indoor track + weights
    1/11 - 4 miles on treadmill
    1/12 - Life got in the way - sick children, work issues, etc. - Ick!
    1/13 - Woke up with a head like concrete...stupid sinuses! Hoping to feel better enough to squeeze in a rare late afternoon run today.
    1/13 - 3.25 miles outdoors...woo hoo! Early evening run. Had to watch out for refreeze on sidewalks and streets, but enjoyed it.
    1/14 - 4.95 miles on treadmill (Trek class). My feet are not thanking me for two runs in under 12 hours. Plus, the person next to me must have eaten a poo sandwich before class...blech!! :sweat:
    1/15 - VJ the greyhound woke me up 3x in the night to go out, two kids and myself coughing all night and one kid with high fever this morning = another morning of no run. UGH! I am getting cranky...so going to miss my goal this month!
    1/16 - 4 miles on treadmill
    1/17 - ANOTHER sick / rest day...this virus won't quit
    1/18 - 4 miles on indoor track + weights/abs

exercise.png
  • mbaker566
    Options
    003f5a0a7e02ad3ee177b15597341383.jpg
    thought you all might find this as funny as me
  • jayskitz
    jayskitz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to the group. Late to join this month, so I'm aiming for a small goal for now. This includes going on holidays for the last week of this month.

exercise.png
  • MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    DATE...............MILES...............TOTAL
    1/1....................REST...................0.00
    1/2.....................16.00.................16.00
    1/3.......................5.00.................21.00
    1/4.....................REST................21.00
    1/5.......................7.00.................28.00
    1/6.......................5.00.................33.00
    1/7.......................7.00.................40.00
    1/8...................WEIGHTS...........40.00
    1/9......................16.50................56.50
    1/10......................5.00................61.50
    1/11....................REST...............61.50
    1/12......................6.00................67.50
    1/13......................4.25................71.75
    1/14......................5.25................77.00
    1/15....................REST...............77.00
    1/16.....................14.00...............91.00
    1/17.......................6.00...............97.00
    1/18....................REST...............97.00

exercise.png

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    May 14, 2016 Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50K (Portersville, PA)
    June 4, 2106 38 Mile NIght Fun Run (Kettle Moraine State Forest, WI)
    October 1, 2016 Cloudsplitter 100K (Pine Mountain, KY)
  • MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So I woke up this morning all happy that today was a rest day that coincided with 6F, windchill -9F... seems like I don't lucky little breaks like that too often. And then I saw tomorrow morning is supposed to 3F, windchill -11... and then I saw that my training plan calls for 10 miles tomorrow morning. Guess I better enjoy today while I can...lol...
  • mbaker566
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've drawn the line at below zero. I've done 15f but I don't do <0F
    and if people could take care of the ice that would be awesome

oh new shoes, i wasn't even thinking about these but at the store these just felt amazing
    120197_070_a_ZM.jpg?sw=600
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Do recover though. I hope if you ran today that it went well. These distances can take a toll on the body especially when your body has not adapted yet to doing that sort of distance with any regularity. Proper recovery is always important, in both training and racing. Tapering and recovery are the hardest mental hurdles to overcome in my opinion because of how long they take.

I feel like it did - 2.83 miles in my neighborhood. 10:31/mile, then 11:03, so I took it deliberately slow, with a fair amount of walking. But I wasn't hating life, or my body, so it was okay.

Heading out in a bit for a longer run, but still keeping it pretty slow - aiming at 10:30 to 10:45. Feels kinda interminable, but I know it's what I need now.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for January

1/1 4 miles - 4
    1/2 13.5 miles - 17.5
    1/3 REST DAY
    1/4 10 miles - 27.5
    1/5 9 miles - 36.5
    1/6 5.5 miles - 42
    1/7 10 miles - 52
    1/8 6.05 miles - 58.05