The January 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

This weekend was a rough one. Since Friday I've been getting these terrible stomach cramps on and off. I don't know what causes them and nothing eases them. I just have to ride them out which can take days. I first got them after going to an all you can eat sushi place and assumed it was either food poisoning or my body just rebelled against eating a lot of food in one sitting (It was the summer after I'd finally lost all the weight and was maintaining at my goal). It got to the point where I couldn't work because I was hunched over in pain for hours and it lasted for at least 2 days. Then from that point on I'd get these pains randomly and I tried to pin point what was causing it, at one point I thought it was mushrooms so I cut those out of my diet. Then when I got the pain again while not eating mushrooms it put me back at square one. I even went to a gastroenterologist who ran tests, did an upper endoscopy and found nothing that could be causing the pain. Then recently I thought it was chicken that was causing it but I've been getting the pain randomly and haven't eaten chicken for 4 months.
    I am losing my mind over this! It makes everything difficult, exercising (especially running), eating anything, even just sitting up straight. I am so tempted to go home early today because I can't focus on anything, let alone move to do it. [/endrant]

Oh, man, I sure hope you get it sorted :( What an awful thing you're going through!
    The last time I had food poisoning the cramps lasted intermittently for a while after the initial tainted food had passed. My stomach did indeed need time to heal.
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Newbie welcome @jayskitz !

@9voice9 Huge congrats on your first HM and PB, how awesome!
    @juliet3455 Damn that's cold, good for you. And it's even colder when you're walking, double nice of you to keep the other runner company.
    @MorningGhost14 You're playing the weather lottery, lol. winning?

Today was a rest day for me, and seeing as how we got about 5cm of snow last night and it's a gorgeous -12c with no wind (11f) and SUNNY I thought I'd go for a ski around the back 40. After spending at least 10 min trying to get my boot in the binding and failing, I gave up.

Anyone remember the old pinch bindings? simple as hell. Now they slot in and catch on the toe bar but apparently, if there is any build up of ice or snow or mud or chicken poop they will not latch :angry:

So I shoveled.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @moyer566 - Those are my favorite shoe! I haven't found another I like better yet. I just bought these yesterday to retire the pair in the pic below it.
    109698.jpg
    Brooks%20Glycerin%2013%20Silver%20Electric%20Brooks%20Black%20Men%20s%20Running%20Shoes%208539251.jpg

Short distance today due to it being a workout of 8x100 meter sprint intervals. Most of the distance was in warmup and recovery. Today was the coldest yet here, 5 degrees but there was no wind so that was nice.

1/1 - 2.25 miles
    1/3 - 4.1 miles
    1/5 - 6.5 miles
    1/7 - 4 miles
    1/9 - 4 miles
    1/12 - 3.25 miles
    1/14 - 4.6 miles
    1/16 - 11.5 miles
    1/18 - 2.1 miles

42.3 of 50 miles

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    4/9 - Rock the Parkway half marathon (Kansas City, MO)
    4/16 - Garmin half marathon (Olathe, KS)
    4/30 - BattleFrog 8k obstacle course run (Kansas City, MO)
    5/14 - Running with the Cows half marathon (Bucyrus, KS)

• 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    On the group shirts, I have a PayPal payment from Tawina W. (Thanks BTW), but I don't have an address or what you ordered.

@karllundy think I need your order and address too. Pretty please. :-)

@moyer566 I need an address.

Oh @Stoshew71 I'll need your address too.

Back to your regularly scheduled running chats...

I PM'd you the info a while back. Check your messages, and if it's not there let me know and I'll resend!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    Options
    I've been running for about 12 solid months now. I've noticed instead of my shirts getting looser in the shoulders/armpit area, they are getting tight and uncomfortable. I noticed my shorts are getting tight in the thighs, finally- I'm sure that's muscle.

What's up with the armpits? My weight hasn't changed in 2years. My pants fit fine in the waist. So I don't think it's fat... But could be. I feel like Lou Frigino.. Anyone else notice something similar? I only run, no XT. Work is somewhat physical-always carrying 30-40 lb baskets and manhandling ~100, 5-8lb samples in metal cylinders.

That sure sounds like you're putting on muscle in your shoulders!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    Options
    @9voice9 Congratulations on your half!
    @moyer566 Blame it on the shoes, love it!

1/1 5 @ 10:36 on the treadmill
    1/2 4.75 @ 10:42 on the park trail (20.75/20 miles for the week)

1/3 5.25 @ 11:14 (5.0 @ 10:51, .25 walking) on the trails near my house. It was a beautiful, blustery day!
    1/4 10 @ 12:00 on the treadmill. While running from Indominus Rex.
    1/5 3 @ 11:14 on the treadmill and strength training
    1/6 Rest Day and feeling fairly sore from yesterday's PT (and maybe Monday's run?)
    1/7 4.75 @ 11:53 on the park trail.
    1/8 3.5 @ 10:07 (3 at 9:48 and .5 at 12:00) plus strength training
    1/9 3.5 @ 12:22 (3 at 11:26, plus .5 at a walk) loping around the neighborhood with St. Woolos the Barbarian, aka The Poopinest Dog in the East, aka Woogie the Worst Running Partner Ever. It's a good thing he's cute!
    (30/30 for the week)

1/10 Rest Day/Family Day
    1/11 10.75 at 11:46 around the park trails. My heart was light, but my legs felt every centimeter of the last two miles. "Gently rolling terrain" feels a lot like "stinking big hills" after 100 minutes or so...
    1/12 3.25 @ 11:27 on the treadmill. Plus strength training.
    1/13 Rest Day due to dental work...revising the weekly goal down a little, since I won't have quite as much time on my "regular" rest day to make up for this one.
    1/14 5.0 @ 12:47 around the lake trail with my dog, who may be toking behind my back--pokey puppy was slow, paranoid (that stroller--it tried to eat me! those loud lady joggers!--they tried to eat me! that nice old man with a cane!--he tried to beat me from 12 feet away!), and generally disinterested in actually *running*.
    1/15 6.0 @ 11:00 (and .25 at a walk) on the treadmill...I didn't feel up to strength training since my head was hurting this morning (running seems to make headaches better, but not lifting; it's weird)
    1/16 Rest Day
    (25/25 for the week)

1/17 Rest Day
    1/18 5.25 (8K race) at the lake @ 11:14 for the run part. A balmy 17F and 20 mph winds. Brrr. I've never run in conditions like that. I started out fearing hypothermia and wound up sweating *through* my stupid muppet-fur jacket. I was the last person in who didn't walk part of the way, but it wasn't a bad showing for a trail run for me. Certainly not a PR, but my asthma doesn't like these low temps and I didn't want to push it.
    1/19
    1/20
    1/21
    1/22
    1/23
    5.25/25 for the week)

Upcoming Races:
    February 14: Run Your Heart Out 5K, Fairfax, VA
    February 21: Disney Princess HM, Orlando, FL
    March 6: Reston 10-miler, Reston, VA
    March 12: Lucky Leprechaun 5K, Reston, VA

exercise.png

• Ericsmi
    Ericsmi Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Setting a Goal of 75 Miles for January

1/3 – 3.87 Mi
    1/5 – 4.24 Mi
    1/7 – 5.32 Mi
    1/10 – 3.49 Mi
    1/11 – 6.87 Mi
    1/16 - 3.47 Mi
    1/18 – 5.88 Mi

Progress toward Goal 33.14/ 75
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    ------    -----    -----
    Jan 01      6.5      6.5
    Jan 02      5.1     11.6
    Jan 03      5.6     17.2
    Jan 05      3.3T    20.5
    Jan 07      3.4T    23.9
    Jan 09      8.2     32.1
    Jan 10      6.2T    38.3
    Jan 13      4.2T    42.5
    Jan 15      8.2     50.7
    Jan 15     11.3     62.0

exercise.png
    6 inches of snow overnight, so all of the sidewalks are a mess. Decided that I'd run long since I'd have to run slow and cautiously anyway!
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    01-Jan (15 days to HM): 5.80 miles
    02-Jan (14 days to HM): 10.01 miles
    03-Jan (13 days to HM): <HM Training-mandated Rest Day>
    04-Jan (12 days to HM): 5.21 miles
    05-Jan (11 days to HM): 4.00 miles
    06-Jan (10 days to HM): 3.57 miles
    07-Jan (9 days to HM): 4.42 miles
    08-Jan (8 days to HM): 3.09 miles
    09-Jan (7 days to HM): 11.82 miles
    10-Jan (6 days to HM): <HM Training-mandated Rest Day>
    11-Jan (5 days to HM): 3.36 miles
    12-Jan (4 days to HM): 3.39 miles
    13-Jan (3 days to HM): 3.07 miles
    14-Jan (2 days to HM): <HM Training-mandated Rest Day>
    15-Jan (1 days to HM): 2.29 miles plus 1.09 miles (walk)
    16-Jan (Museum of Aviation HM): 13.16 miles
    17-Jan: <Life Day> but 2.83 miles
    18-Jan: 6.40 miles
    19-Jan:
    20-Jan:
    21-Jan:
    22-Jan:
    23-Jan:
    24-Jan: <Life Day>
    25-Jan:
    26-Jan:
    27-Jan:
    28-Jan:
    29-Jan:
    30-Jan:
    31-Jan: <Life Day>

Upcoming Races:
    06-Feb: Al Toll Memorial 5K (15K?), Macon, GA
    27-Feb: Cantrell Center 5K, Warner Robins, GA
    19-Mar: Cherry Blossom 10K, Macon, GA
    02-Apr: Run 2 End Alzheimer's 10.5K, Bonaire, GA
    16-Apr: Running for Ronald 10K or 15K, Macon, GA
    04-Jul: Peachtree Road Race 10K, Atlanta, GA

exercise.png
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Jan 1: When the run started it was still the 1st..so I'm counting it here. 6.59 cold night miles, slow, around 12:40/mile.
    Jan 2: REST DAY
    Jan 3: First “official” training day for the HM and first snowfall of the year (on a run day at least). 3.51 miles. Some fast intervals mixed in with slower paced runs. 12:10 average pace, fastest split was mile 2 (11:29).
    Jan 4: Wimped out 
    Jan 5: Ice in my ‘stache at the end of the run…that’s new. 3.2 miles this morning
    Jan 6: Went an extra .5 before I took my first (brief) walk break. 5.05 miles avg. pace around 12:11
    Jan 7: REST DAY. Plan on some walking and weights.
    Jan 8: Wimped out 
    Jan 9: Beautiful running weather..50 degrees this morning in Central Ohio! Easy 6.2 miles but every step SUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKED! 12:08 average pace. A little over 1/3 of the way to month’s goal. #betterrunnexttime #ohwellatleastIdidit
    Jan 10: Sick..no run
    Jan 11: Feeling slightly better..we’ll see if I feel up to a run after work. UPDATE: Decided I might be pushing it since it was still pretty cold (around 3 degrees with wind chill) so I’m going to give it one more day
    Jan 12: Big snowfall so I couldn’t do run in the morning (needed to leave a lot earlier for morning commute), planning on run tonight. EDIT: Finally got back out there. I didn’t really do winter running last year and this was the first truly cold day (actual in the teens, single digits with wind chill). I’m not sure if it’s all a “mental thing” but it felt a LOT harder..not just the “man it’s cold, I want to go get warm” part of it (that faded away after the first half mile or so once I started to get feeling back in my fingers) but it was harder to keep a good pace. I’ve decided I’ll need to add a ski mask to my winter running apparel. My “slow” pace is usually somewhere around the high 11s to low 12/mile and it was around a 13:30 tonight..and at times it felt like it was a “hard” pace. Is this a common thing for first-time winter runners? Forgot to turn off my wi-fi connectivity so I think when I ran past the Burger King I grabbed their wi-fi for a sec because suddenly a billion Facebook notifications came in and froze up my RunKeeper so my run was cut shorter than I wanted. (I was doing an interval program and had no idea how to make it restart at a specific point.) I guess I’ll remember tomorrow 3.92 miles
    Jan 13: Single digit temps this morning, hoping to get the run in tonight. EDIT: Much warmer at night. Slow 3.05 miles, avg pace 12:14 but NO walking…at all. 
    Jan 14: Plan calls for 8 miles tonight…and a fast interval of 9 min pace for 2 of that I think..gulp. Glad it’s in the 40s, another night run coming….EDIT: Wimped out, just couldn’t find any motivation.
    Jan. 15: Got out there and tried to do some pace pushing as penance for yesterday but my legs weren’t having it. My “fast” was only in the low 11s..bleah. It’s done but it didn’t feel like a “good” run (but I guess it’s better than a non-run). 4.02 miles..officially just past halfway to goal.
    Jan. 16-17: Cold and I wimped out.
    Jan. 18: Still cold (-14 degree wind chill) but going to attempt to make myself do it tonight, I’m getting lazy.

exercise.png
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

This weekend was a rough one. Since Friday I've been getting these terrible stomach cramps on and off. I don't know what causes them and nothing eases them. I just have to ride them out which can take days. I first got them after going to an all you can eat sushi place and assumed it was either food poisoning or my body just rebelled against eating a lot of food in one sitting (It was the summer after I'd finally lost all the weight and was maintaining at my goal). It got to the point where I couldn't work because I was hunched over in pain for hours and it lasted for at least 2 days. Then from that point on I'd get these pains randomly and I tried to pin point what was causing it, at one point I thought it was mushrooms so I cut those out of my diet. Then when I got the pain again while not eating mushrooms it put me back at square one. I even went to a gastroenterologist who ran tests, did an upper endoscopy and found nothing that could be causing the pain. Then recently I thought it was chicken that was causing it but I've been getting the pain randomly and haven't eaten chicken for 4 months.
    I am losing my mind over this! It makes everything difficult, exercising (especially running), eating anything, even just sitting up straight. I am so tempted to go home early today because I can't focus on anything, let alone move to do it. [/endrant]

Is the pain upper right and in to your shoulder? (Althought, my daughter had left pain with hers). Sounds to me like it could be gallbladder. Have you had a hidascan?

At the very least, I think you should see another doc. Maybe even an ER visit. I've heard some really bad stories with GI pain and it being life threatening. Take care.

Of course it could be food related, but I'd imagine you would have been able to identify that and food intolerance should be without sever pain.

I would agree - get a gallbladder scan to check for gallstones, especially if you have lost weight. When thinking about what you have eaten, is there something fatty/oily in the meals prior to the pain? I had gallstones 10 years ago and it was always something fatty that triggered it (as it makes you gallbladder squeeze to release bile to help digest it and it presses against the stones). Something as simple as a slice of garlic bread set me off. Pain kicked in between 2-6 hours after eating. Good luck.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @5BeautifulDays ya thanks, I found the messages. I had a second page of messages.. So it just got buried.

And I think you're right, it may be muscle. My back is looking nicer.. Just seems weird. But I Googled different body types, saw some really nice looking women (like Hallie Berry) with wider shoulders. So, I'm gonna embrace it. Esp since there's nothing Io can do to make them smaller.
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Used KT tape on the ITBS this morning, got 2.5 miles in before it started to hurt. Decided not to push it and headed home, the last quarter mile was rough but I didn't stop and didn't cry lol sounds like a win to me.

Glad you got some pain-free miles in there!! Hoping it is all up for you now!

@MorningGhost14 - How did the experiment go? Did you try it? :smile:

@shanaber Sorry to hear about your fall! That is no good at all! I think I have missed out on a a bit here - I'll have to go back and try to catch up some more. Hope you get some rest and feel okay soon!
    My official HM time was 2:23:50. I was good the first 10-11 miles. I forgot to use my anti chafe stick, so the last few miles would have been faster if my thighs weren't bloody and stinging with each step. I had no real time goal. I knew for the first one, just get it done. Of course, totally stoked it was less than 2:30. I have another in March, I just wanna beat that time.

That is fantastic for time!!! Congrats! I could only hope to do that well! My first HM, I am only doing around my suburb on my own in March, just to see how I feel and give myself an idea of what to expect, I guess. The real one is in July and will be much cooler, so hopefully I will be a little faster anyway, though there are a lot of really big hills on this course so we'll see :wink:
  • runner_girl83
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    Finished my half-marathon this morning: Museum of Aviation (Warner Robins). Chip times are not yet posted, but Garmin says 2:29:21, and that with a couple seconds before crossing the line, and several seconds after (forgot to hit pause/save). 11:16 average moving pace, so slower than I'd intended, but I finished. Took it easy the rest of the day, 'cause I was feeling pretty sore/achy earlier, but now that's all passed. Not entirely sure whether I'm gonna do that distance again - I'm good for 10, 11 or so, but those last couple miles this morning were ugly.

OTOH - PB time!

Fatastic!!!!!!!!! That is amazing! You did sooo well! :smiley::smiley:
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    6.18 km this morning @ 7:21 min/km; Av HR 128; max HR 144.

1 Jan 13.4 km
    2 Jan Rest
    3 Jan 6.3 km
    4 Jan 5.4 km
    5 Jan Rest
    6 Jan 8.3 km
    7 Jan 5.3 km
    8 Jan Rest
    9 Jan 15.3 km
    10 Jan Rest
    11 Jan 6.1 km
    12 Jan 8.3 km
    13 Jan 6.15 km
    14 Jan 6.15 km
    15 Jan Rest
    16 Jan 10.4 km (cutback week)
    17 Jan Rest
    18 Jan 6.16 km

Total: 103.44 / 150 km

All my training is slow and easy because increasing mileage for my first marathon in July.

exercise.png
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    January Running Totals (miles)
    1/1 - 10.17 warm up + 7.5 mile race
    1/2 - 12.29 long slow run
    1/3 - 5.16 easy with fast finish
    1/4 - 6.01 easy
    1/5 - 11.09 warmup, speed work, cool down
    1/6 - 5.95 group run
    1/7 - 8.04 warmup, speed work, cool down
    1/8 - scheduled rest day
    1/9 - 16.48 warm up + Winter Warrior Half
    1/10 - 7.46 easy
    1/11 - 10.07 easy
    1/12 - 8.39 warmup, speed work, cool down
    1/13 - 8.02 easy and snowy
    1/14 - 8.70 warm up, speed work, cool down
    1/15 - scheduled rest day
    1/16 - 13.64 with hills
    1/17 - 12.05 easy
    1/18 - 8.53 easy plus 4 strides

January to date total - 152.05

Goal - 51 to 62 miles per week, per training plan
    expected January total - 245 to 251 miles

Today's notes: I'm looking at weather much the way @MorningGhost14 does. Today is a work holiday. There is a current Lake Effect Snow Warning for Monroe County. The temperature was supposed to rise, and the wind increase during the day. The chance of snow was supposed to increase through the day. There was a burst of snow between 5 and 6 PM last night that left the roads mostly snow covered this morning. So . . .

It was sunny this morning. I got out at 9:28 to run in the sunshine. Okay, so it was 14° F, and there was a 14-20 mph WSW wind, and the shoulders were all snow covered, and some of the traffic lanes were slick enough to be worse running than the shoulders. At least there wasn't anything new coming down!

We haven't had much weather like this so far this winter. It shouldn't be that big a deal, but it felt cold running westbound. The training plan said "easy plus 4 strides," and I figured I wanted 8 miles today so I would need few enough miles on Wednesday to do a group run. Ran a familiar route with rolling hills, and thought about quitting for the first 2 miles. Then I turned out of the wind, and it felt pretty good for the next 4 or 5 miles. By the time I was running into the wind again, there was no choice. That was the way home.

I really didn't want to do strides on snow covered roads. Got to my road, and there was clear asphalt in the middle of the road tire tracks. I found enough time intervals with no traffic to do my 4 strides on decent footing. The first one was ugly, the second okay, and the last 2 were what strides are supposed to be.

I didn't really want to walk in that wind for my cool down, but I had another option. For my cool down, I shoveled a coating of snow off my driveway. This is familiar. This is what running in the winter was like the last two winters.

Now I remember why I didn't do any speed work without an entry fee last winter. Speed work sucks in the snow, and we had lots and lots of snow last winter.

It's snowing right now, and my driveway is coated again. The forecast has a high of 24°and a low of 16° tomorrow. The Lake Effect Snow Warning remains in effect until 7 PM tomorrow. It say 80% chance of snow tonight, 100% chance tomorrow, and 40% chance tomorrow night. I'm going to hate coming out to clean off my car after running tomorrow, but at least the speed work will be on good footing on an indoor track.

Upcoming races:
    March 12, 2016 Johnny's Runnin' of the Green 5 mile (Rochester, NY - need to register)
    March 26, 2016 Spring Foward Distance Run 15K (Mendon, NY - need to register)
    April 18, 2016 Boston Marathon (Hopkinton, MA)
  • runner_girl83
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    @runner_girl83 - I have a FB charge also. I like mine. But... I use the app Endomondo when I run or bike to track the mileage. I had the FB One for a couple years but I wanted to know my resting HR so I upgraded to that. Yeah, I know I should have been able to figure out my resting HR on my own, but I just never did. I never even look at the mileage that Fitbit says I did. I do look at steps but on the days I run or bike, I'm way over 10K. The days I don't run/bike, I'm way under. The complaint I have about the FB is the charging. It kept running out of battery. I finally figured out that I should charge it when I'm in the shower.

I ended up having to charge the Charge HR every day basically.. and when I tried finding a solution to this, Fitbit Q&A tells you to turn off the HR monitor and the battery should last longer.... but the reason I bought it was for the HR tracking - turning that off basically makes it like the flex which I was didn't like ... Also, it would say in my recorded runs in the fitbit app that I ran 3km rather than 5... Just seemed way off!

Anywho.. I actually just sold the HR on ebay - Got a little bit of my money back so I'm happy with that.. Obviously nothing near what my husband and family paid for it, but close enough... I managed to pick up a 2nd hand Garmin Forerunner 10 on Gumtree (an Australian alternative to ebay .. Not sure if you have it in the states?) for $60!!! Very happy with my purchase!

My only complaint today is Miss 10 is refusing to step outside for a scooter ride and no amount of bribing is going to get her there I fear... Grr... School holidays here and my running is suffering because of it! The little one is easy.. I can just stick him in the pram and he's happy to see the sights! It's so much harder when they argue with you! I missed out on yesterdays training... I am meant to run tomorrow but feel guilty about the 1 day I've already missed... Might have to drag them out of the house just for a quick km or two just so I feel as if I've done something!!
  • MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    @MorningGhost14 - How did the experiment go? Did you try it? :smile:

I did. I am not sure if I reached any definitive conclusions. So many things factor into it. I never have two runs the same as it is, so it was difficult to determine if the "supplement" made any difference, good or bad. I think the most significant factor was the length of the run. I think in order to get a better read on it is to try it on a longer run. This one was only 14 miles which is not long enough to get me into that "battle zone" of pain, fatigue, doubt, etc. where you start testing yourself. Over the next few weeks, I have a two 24 mile training runs and a 26 mile training run, so if I feel like trying it again, I might get a better feel for any benefits. I also wondered if the "quality" or "strain" factored in... I chose some rather generic home-grown instead of the Blue Dream or White Widow medical grade stuff. I would probably try one of those if there is a next time.

The one "positive" thing that I was aware of was a section of about 4-5 miles of quiet, low-key euphoria, during which time I was able to zone out and just listen to my shoes hitting the road... it was quantifiably different than the more customary runner's "high".

The one "negative" is that I so rarely partake, that I felt a little strange (and a bit silly) lighting up before a run.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    January Goal—will try for 140 km, half marathon Feb 7 and I’m behind in my training

1/6—3.89 km or so…first run after being sick…still congested and a bit sick
    1/7—3.40 km—still feeling icky so keeping it short. Just ran around my complex
    1/8—5.29 km..about to kill my lungs. Sick of the congestion
    1/9—5.01 km
    1/10—10.48 km-
    1/12—4.55 km skipped 1/11 due to it being cold and rainy
    1/13—3.64 km
    1/14—5.14 km
    1/17—3.30 km after a weekend away
    1/18—3.22 km
    1/19—5.09 km
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was essentially a rest day for me so I didn't go for a walk or run. It helped, I was able to be out walking and some running for 5 miles today. Ran 1.15 miles.

I'm Finding myself bored with using the 10k schedule, probably because I had to go back to Week 5. But I'm wondering what I could do differently, running 1 mile has been quite consistent, and I want to move past that. What would be a reasonable for increasing my mileage if I run 3 days a week?

Jan 1 - Run/ 1 mile, Walk/ 1 mile, Steps/ 6740, Floors/ 6, Daily miles/ 3.24
    Jan 2 - Run/ 0 miles, Walk/ 1.5 miles, Steps/ 7761, Floors/ 6, Daily miles/ 3.56
    Jan 3 - Run/ 1 mile, Walk/ 1 mile, Steps/ 7100, Floors/ 4, Daily miles/ 3.44
    Jan 4 - Run/ 0 miles, Walk/ 2.25 miles, Steps/ 10,037, Floors/ 16, Daily miles/ 4.55
    Jan 5 - Run/ 0 miles, Walk/ 0 miles, Steps/ 3788, Floors/ 7, Daily miles/ 1.53
    Jan 6 - Run/ 0 miles, Walk/ 0 miles, Steps/ 1888, Floors/ 6, Daily miles/ .67
    Jan 7 - Run/ 1 mile, Walk/ 3 miles, Steps/ 11,211, Floors/ 17, Daily miles/ 5.05
    Jan 8 - Run/ 0 mile, Walk/ 1.5 miles, Steps/ 5833, Floors/ 5, Daily miles/ 2.36
    Jan 9 - Run/ 1 mile, Walk/ 3 miles, Steps/ 12,351, Floors/ 12, Daily miles/ 5.46
    Jan 10 - Run/ 0 mile, Walk/ 2.25 miles, Steps/ 10,000, Floors/ 4, Daily miles/ 3.4
    Jan 11 - Run/ 0 mile, Walk/ 0 miles, Steps/ 3017, Floors/ 8, Daily miles/ 1.22
    Jan 12 - Run/ 1.4 mile, Walk/ 2.6 miles, Steps/ 11,425, Floors/ 4, Daily miles/ 5.07
    Jan 13 - Run/ 0 mile, Walk/ 0 mile, Steps/ 2186, Floors/ 5, Daily miles/ .88
    Jan 14 - Run/ 0 mile, Walk/ 2.25 miles, Steps/ 16,147, Floors/ 23, Daily miles/ 6.55
    Jan 15 - Run/ 0 mile, Walk/ 0 mile, Steps/ 10,030, Floors/ 18, Daily miles/ 4.1
    Jan 16 - Run / 0 mile, Walk/ 2.06 mile, Steps/ 10,084, Floors/ 26, Daily miles/ 4.12
    Jan 17 - Run/ 0 mile, Walk/ 0 mile, Steps/3474, Floors/7, Daily miles/1.47
    Jan 18 - Run/ 1.15 mile, Walk/ 3.9 mile, Steps/?, Floors/?, Daily miles/?

Monthly Totals/ Run = 6.55, Walk = 26.38, Steps = 113,571, Floors = 174, Daily miles = 56.76