margaretturk Posts: 5,098 Member
    Options
    Meg (((hugs)))

Alison (((hugs))) so sorry about Woody.

Janetr thanks for the sunshine!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Party over. All went really well. :D Company great, food good. Happy me. :bigsmile:

Heather UK
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Alison, so sorry to hear about Woody. I know there is a big hole in your heart tonight. (((hugs)))

Janet you look great.

Beth, so glad to hear your son got a new van! And you are probably right that the diagnosis is not correct. That has been my observation after working in the field over 40 years. Doctors do not take the time to get to know their clients well enough to accurately diagnose them. Symptoms can look a lot alike at first glance, and many docs are misinformed thinking that if someone has any psychosis or paranoia they must have schizophrenia. You can have psychosis with drug use, depression, bipolar disorder and obsessions can easily be misinterpreted as delusions. I cannot tell you how many times I would confront a doc and with MY diagnosis the client would finally get better. I shared about the woman with OCD who had been diagnosed as first having schizophrenia and then having manic depression (bipolar disorder). She did so well when she was finally put on the right medication ( and one with far fewer side effects). I have known a man who was diagnosed as having schizophrenia because he was "paranoid" saying that he was a suspect in a murder. He wasn't delusional, he WAS a suspect! But that was so far out of this doc's experience that he could not conceive that his client was telling the truth. There was a client with
    depression that really had sleep apnea- a CPAP cured his depression. There was the client being treated for depression when I could see that he had OCD. A change in antidepressants could have prevented his need for hospitalization. I could go on and on and on. In my state, due to a bias at the University training psychiatrists, almost everyone receives an incorrect diagnosis of schizophrenia. There are so many wasted lives with the wrong meds causing horrific side effects and the right meds could give the client their life back. That is one of the main reasons I became a mental health advocate.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Janet, that is just mean. Making us all so jealous! Especially me, all wrapped up in my sweater by the fire.

Somebody asked about the Nutribullet. I don't have one, but I have the Ninja which came with some individual smoothie cups in addition to the big blender and food processor. I really like it, but I think I would enjoy the smaller "footprint" of the Nutribullet. I keep the base of my Ninja on a tray in the pantry and pull it out to make a smoothie. If it was smaller, I might leave it on the counter. Have you been on Amazon and read the reviews? That's where I always start.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    Curious if any of you uses a Nutribullet? If so, have you had success with it? I'm at work and don't have time to go back to page 70 and read everything right now but will hop on tonight and read! Sorry!

Have a great day ladies!

Tracie in Green Bay

I have a Nutribullet and I love it for its very powerful motor that grinds up ice cubes and frozen peaches in my Isagenix shakes. I had burned out too many motors in the less powerful bullet blender. I don't use it for all the recipes they suggest and I don't consider it some sort of miracle health tool, but it's a great blender. Right now I'm eating my Isagenix vanilla shake with peach mango V-fusion and frozen peaches. :)

• barbiecat
    Options
    :'(:'(Alison, I am so sorry to hear about Woody....our fur children are never with us long enough :'(
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Still feeling kind of off today so didn't do much activity (although I did go food shopping!). I'll be back on track tomorrow.

Kimses in MA
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Janet, that is just mean. Making us all so jealous! Especially me, all wrapped up in my sweater by the fire.

Kay, So sorry, well maybe a little bit sorry. I'm lovin' it. :)

Thanks sweet friends. Wish you were all here, we could have a terrific get together. :)

Janetr okc (temporarily in AZ)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,730 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    Spin- 47min, 81ar, 113aw, 11-15g, 121ahr, 152mhr, 18.7mi = 360c
    physical therapy - 45min, 76c
    total cal 436

grandmallie - sorry to hear about the poocher!! {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Oh, Allie... I'm so sorry about Woody.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,730 Member
    Options
    sold one more thing! nite peep - o - la's
  • AngelaPea
    AngelaPea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Allie - I'm so sorry about your FurBaby.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Had a nice workout at the pool. We have a "warm pool" for doing the aerobics and swim lessons. After 30 minutes of that I go to the hot tub and watch all the people doing the lap swimming. Some were 3 to a lane! It's there that I drink my 32 oz of crystal light lemonade. Husband and I meet up there. When I got back to the locker room I saw a reasonably fit lady change behind the curtains. Just don't understand that. To all of you that are at your goal weight or near it, celebrate your body! Life is too short to hide in the shadows wasting time changing in secret. I know I am unusual in my thinking, and most people do have a bit of modesty. When I stepped in the locker room, I slipped out of my suit, and rinsed it in the sink. I do not walk around the locker room nude to show off myself, but after using a towel I am still warm from the hot tub, and airing out helps with that.

This morning I weighed in at 232.8. I was up to 234 during my cold, and when I inhaled my Whole Crab last weekend.... So today after swimming, we went shopping and I bought more of my 100 calorie bags of microwavable popcorn, more fresh spinach, and more Fruit Naturals Pink Grapefruit sections. Also got more Presidents' Wee Brie, and healthy turkey slices. My favorite lunch is two wasa crispbreads, with a smeared triangle of brie, and pressed into the cheese is alternating turkey and spinach. It's soo wonderful!

Getting back on track. I bite it, I write it!
    Becca
    getting serious in
    Oregon
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Alison ... So sorry about Woody ...

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Allie so sorry about losing Woody.
    Cheri NE oHIo
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did 1 segment of the Tummy Toner DVD I have, held my plank for 2 min 48 sec (one more second), then did about 45 minutes of the extremepump class (I got talking to someone and didn't realize that the class had started). The plan for tomorrow is to do some HIIT

Mindy - is there maybe someone in your family (a neice or nephew?) that you can leave the house to? Good luck on the job front. Your boss must think highly of you to suggest you apply knowing that there are a lot of applicants. I think that says a lot.

KJ - I honestly believe dogs "know" and want to help -- regardless of who owns them

Lin - thanks for telling me about the rubber boots. Maybe I should look into that. I wouldn't mind spending the $$ for them once, but not every few years. Congrats on your b/s

Heather - have fun tonight

Alison - prayers. So sorry for your loss

Beth - Yea for getting that wheelchair!

janetr - how you made me long to open our pool!

Becca - I am always so amazed at how much water I drink when I'm in the pool

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Strategy is stronger than willpower.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    16,000 steps
    139 minutes of dog walking
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Katie – If you want more definition between rooms different flooring will help.

Mindy – I have had trouble with who to leave stuff to also, a cousin, niece, nephew or good friend should also be considered.. Just because you gave birth to children, raised them to the best of your ability, does not mean you have to leave them all or even anything when you pass.

KJL – Leo sounds like just the perfect help mate! I do think that dogs “listen” in a way we do not.

Allie – oh sad all around! Thinking of your family ((((hugs))))))))))) I agree with Beth that you care about V-day maybe you could make special for you and get a manicure or pedicure or????

Meg – you are not forgotten!

Miriam – thanks for being a great source of education, mental health care is something that I don’t deal with much, so am pretty un-informed.

Kim from N. California
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Barbie, I can't even imagine 16,000 steps in a day. You have set the bar very high. Thanks for leading by example.

Michele
    , how I wish I had a pool in my back yard. :)

Janetr okc