WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2016

Options
1127128129130131133»

Replies

• CheriGee2
    CheriGee2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lenora, thanks for all the info. You certainly write long and well. That is a sign of a dedicated person. I'm a little overwhelmed at this point, but am sure in a few weeks I'll feel like an old hand. It is so great to have support on line. As I said in my first post, I am a member of one of the local TOPS group, and that is a large support system. I'm going to bring my printed food diary to TOPS on Wednesday and share with the group. We talk often of keeping a food journal. I've had a written journal for some time now, but it doesn't keep track of calories, carbs, sugar, etc. MyFitnessPal is an easy way to do that.

I've tried weighing in at home; have two rather high end scales and neither one of them match the weight I get at TOPS on Wednesday, so mostly I just ignore the scales at home. They never tell me what I want to hear anyway.

Thank you for your welcome. Cheri Gee

GarciaswBarbiecat will post a ‘link’ to go to for the ‘thread’ to start the next month on the last day of the month. Go to that thread and then click on the star the upper right-hand corner that is an ‘outline’ of a star and click on it to bookmark the site; then every time after that you will click on the gray star between the bell and a gear. Then, you will come back to the right month. I don’t know about most; but, the first day of posting in a new month takes a little getting used to. When I click on the gray star; I get a list of the months preceding the newest one. Sometimes one will show there are a ‘few’ new posts that have been posted and I might go to it, just to read those few posts; and, then come back and click on the (gray) star again, to get to the current date. But, to keep it from asking you each and every time you come to the site, you need to click on Barbiecat’s “link” in her daily post to get there whenever you do come back. Just click on the ‘newest’ month and bookmark it by clicking on the outline in the upper right-hand corner and make it ‘yellow’. Might take you a month or two for it to ‘click’ on in your head.

I only get weighed every other Tuesday. I don’t weigh myself on our scales at home. Too unpredictable and frustrates me. I get weighed at the same time each time I go. I’m taking off pounds sensibly by a MD’s ordered program (still not covered by insurance).
  • CheriGee2
    Options
    Good morning, Ladies. I'm new here, so just saying hello. I'm almost 53 and I have 90 pounds to lose. I've done Myfitnesspal before but failed in part because I tried to go it alone without any support. This time I'm reaching out for support and friendship. Hope I can be there for all of you too. Here's to a successful 2016, and permanent goal achievement for all of us:)

Hi Eleanora, another newbie; I just started yesterday, so I'll newbie with you. I think this forum is going to be so much fun. Cheri Gee
  • CheriGee2
    Options
    Reading through the posts, the pictures are beautiful, and all the wonderful fur babies - DH and I have two very loved and loving fellows we saved along the way. They sure make our lives much larger and happier. That support bra post is excellent and I'm taking a copy of that along to TOPS on Wednesday. Very funny. This is quite a group of ladies. So cool, no men allowed, which means we can really tell it like it is.

We had a 5th Sunday potluck after church today. We only have a small congregation, but boy can we bring the food. Everything was excellent but I was rather proud of myself for watching portion sizes and eating sensibly. That means no dessert and stay away from bread. One of our parishioners brought homemade oat bread. It was hard to leave that on the table. Another friend brought snickers apple salad. Since it was salad, she told me it had no calories, and it was "prayed over." LOL I did take a spoonful of it home with me, but it's still sitting in the fridge keeping it's own consul. With any luck, my DH will eat it before I find my willpower gone.

Thank you to all who posted a welcome and I hope to get to know you all much more in the future. Cheri Gee in beautiful New Mexico USA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    garciasw wrote: »
    Thank you Sylvia and fannycy0626 for the info on bookmarks. Think I got the star turned yellow, although I went to the wrong star at first! Glad to know I'll be able to follow this group. Also, Lillian, happy to find a fellow TOPS member online. All, have a lovely evening.

Welcome!

FYI, Barbie starts a new thread on the first of each month. She posted the link a few posts back. Please join us there. You will have to bookmark the new thread just like you did this one.

• terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been gone so long again. Here is a pictorial of my weekend: 6si0s5wa5dlx.jpeg
    p7oo81zgmfbs.jpg
    [img]https://15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/mfp- en.vanillaforums.com/editor/gd/l12xyp67uske.jpg[/img]
    wctqcsqqwuo5.jpg
    First is my Dad's co-worker and her husband. He and I both won tickets to Wynonna Judd then my dad got a cold and didn't go. Next is the man who was hugging a friend and I jumped in. Then a photo of Wynonna from our fifth row seats. Finally a shot of my sons first game of the Milwaukee City Bowling Tournament. He finished with a 697 series. Now I will get back to reading everyone's updates! Hugs ! ! !
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ! ! !

Carol – I hope you had a drama-free weekend. You deserve a break.

Miriam – Congrats on taking the first step. It is always great to make new friends, even if this doesn’t become a romantic relationship. Yay ! ! !

Becca – congrats on the sunshine. We have some here now, but I’m “locked inside” at work, so I only enjoy it through the front door. I’m not allowed to look out the window, because it is high, and once fell off the chair while looking out the window, and health facilities frown on employees breaking their arm at work. // I sure am envious about your crab. // I have been thinking about making banana bread with the coconut flour, so thanks for the kick in the pants that I needed – I’m going to do it ! ! !

Barbie – You continue to be an inspiration with your activity. I have met my goals every day this week except Sunday, and that day I forgot to put on my tracker, so I may have succeeded. Keep up the great work ! ! !

Linda – Some bowling alleys and ProShops sell used balls. The expense is not just in the ball, but also in getting it properly drilled. I suggest plenty of research, and finding someone you trust, then save a few hundred dollars in preparation. Another thing that is nice to have her own is shoes. This way she is sure to have a pair that fits at every event. Those can be purchased used as well. We have only bought Payne 2 pair of shoes in the 12 years he has been bowling (we use the “pay it forward” method). // Payne was his typical hot/cold this weekend. At the H.S. match, he filled 13 out of 14 frames the first match. Then only 9 out of 14 the second match. That brought his cumulative fill to 94%, which places him at 26th in the division. Likely not good enough to get invited to State, but we’ll see. Sunday was the Milwaukee Youth tournament singles and doubles. He had a 563 series in doubles, then REALLY found his groove, with 8 strikes in a row, totaling 268 for his first game of singles, and 697 for Series. Of course he was mad, because he has yet to bowl a 700 series or a 300 game, and he’s so close he can taste it. But, that and his 577 in team gives him an 1837 for All Events, which probably won’t be good enough for scholarship money. I think this tournament goes several more weeks, so we’ll see what happens with the other bowlers. I hope he knows how proud we all are of him.

Oh boy. We suddenly got busy at work again, and I have a lot to do before closing. I posted some pictures from this past weekend while at lunch. Sorry for everyone I missed. Time to finish my work day, and figure out what I’m going to do if the storm traps me at work tomorrow.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,095 Member
    Options
    January 2016 Goals Update

Start weight: 220lbs (Spring 2014)
    Current weight: 166 (on 1/01)
    Goal weight: 162 (for 31/01)
    Actual Weight: 161
    Weight lost this month: 5 lbs

Daily goals:
    :star: Pre-log/follow through :)
    :star: balance carbs/protein/fat :)
    :star: 8+ cups liquids :)
    :star: 30+ minutes each Strength/flexibility/cardio :)
    :star: 8000+ steps daily :) Well over most days!
    :star: finish eating at 9pm 5/7 days per week :smile: 28/31
    :star: finish eating at 10pm 2/7 days of my choice per week 3/31
    :star: post daily goals/progress - Just for Today :smiley:
    :star: post progress - No Late Night Snacking :smile:
    :star: complete Hogwarts/GoTs/ 12 week weight loss challenges :smile:
    :star: Post weekly progress reports here :sunglasses: 2/4

I am keeping most of these goals as they are for February.

:heart: Healing thoughts and prayers to those who need them! :heart:

:sunglasses: Welcome to our Newbies. Sit a spell! :sunglasses:

:star: Let your light shine out in the darkness :star:

:star: Each one of us is a vital cog in an infinite universe. :star:
    We may not know our purpose, but each cog needs to be oiled and tended.

80464089.png

:star::)smiley-happy110.gif:):star:

Irish Terri harp.gif
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    February's Goals for Sunshine Becca

-Continue logging every day, every bite is one step closer to Onederland.

-Keep writing in journal, its healthy to own up and let go of anything that might hinder this process.

-Keep putting myself first, I am the one taking this journey. I get to decide, have my say, and make choices that benefit ME.

-Keep my supporters close. They are part of transformation. Acknowledge how important they are daily.

-Keep enjoying food, and take pleasure in eating healthy.

-Keep ending the day in my husbands' arms. He grounds me, and listening to the rain, and my husbands heartbeat is how I wish to end my days always :-)

This is my pledge from TOPS (Take off pounds sensibly) group. It is in my chalk board in my kitchen and I say it every morning.

I am an intelligent person.
    I will control my emotions and not let my emotions control me.
    Every time I am tempted to use food to satisfy my frustrated desires,
    build up my injured ego, or dull my senses,
    I will remember,
    I will take off pounds sensibly.

(I got this)....
    Becca
    getting all serious on you all :-)
    in Oregon

• kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi -- I've been away for 3 days looking at colleges for my son, so I am way off track right now. I'm going to take today off from everything as I have a sore throat and two interviews tomorrow, so I just want to rest up. I'll catch up on the thread.

Kimses in MA
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been away for awhile. Physical therapy has been tough and work has been stressful and I just couldn't get myself to come home and log onto my computer! My bad, I know. I'm heavier than I've been in a long time. Not going to beat myself up for it. Lots of stressful stuff going on both at work and at home, so I finally realized that I only have 12 minutes between home and work and then another 12 minutes between work and home that isn't stressful. I can totally see why I'm emotional eating. Not excusing it. Just understanding more why I'm doing it. BUT, today is a new day and I am resolved to journaling every bite, working at living a healthier lifestyle and popping in to see all of you when I get time. I'm not going to stress myself out by trying to go back through the last 300 posts to see what I missed, so you'll have to forgive me if I don't seem supportive. It's not my intent!

Hope to pop in at least once a day and say hi. Hope you all have a FANTASTIC new day!

Tracie in WI
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Tracie - go back to Barbiecat's last posting this month and follow it for February; the bookmark it by clicking on the outline of the star; it will turn yellow; then when you close out and come back click on the gray start up in the upper right-hand corner between the bell and gear; a drop down screen will come up for February; go to that and do the same to bookmark it. Every last day of the month (sometimes the first of the month) Barbiecat will create a link that takes you to the new month and then to make sure you get back to it, do the bookmark of it again. Making sure there is a yellow start just to the right-hand of the postings. You have 1 hour to edit your posting by going to the upper right-hand corner of your post; then it will change and you can make any changes you want to; then hit Post Reply again. Some of us open up a word processing app and put them side-by-side; then you can post to any or all of the posts made after your last one. It will not allow you to go back, unless you first save your post (unless you open up a word processing program); then cut or copy the post and hit Reply again. Tell us a little about yourself. What you like to do, what name you prefer to be called, hobbies, work or not, family, etc.; you'll find this is a good group to be in for support and encouragement. You'll find that we will talk about anything (just not politics or religion).
  • breckgal
    breckgal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How is your somersizing going?
  • tuliplor
    tuliplor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Checking in after a LONG, Long time!! I would really like to lose 25 pounds by July 30th! My husband surprised me with a 30th wedding anniversary trip to Disney World!! I am so excited!! I would like to be in shape though to walk around. I can walk, but I feel so much better if I am in shape. Disney is a lot of walking! I hope I can stick too this. I lost 18 pounds back in the summer of 2016 and this same discussion group helped me! I love My fitness pal! <3
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    tulipor - Go back to where you get into MFP; and, go down the list until you see the 50+ Women and it should show that it is May; click on that and then you should be in the current month. Make sure you click on the outline of the star at the upper right-hand corner so it turns yellow; then, you will be in the correct month. Barbiecat posts a link on the last day of the month to take us to the 'new' month.

Lenora