Dry January Challenge, roll up and join in!

RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
As the title says really, I'm quitting alcohol for the month and would love others to join in and help motivate me :)

You can join in from today or from tomorrow or Monday but then go without until the end of the month.
You know you want to, come on, join in :)

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    oh that sounds dreadful lol

have fun and good luck though :)
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    I'm in as from Monday !!!
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    I'm in from Monday! ! Still celebrating til I'm back in work. :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
  • jerseygene
    jerseygene Posts: 129 Member
    I'm in from today January 1.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    That's great @jerseygene :)
  • CinnamonKai
    CinnamonKai Posts: 42 Member
    I'm in as well! I am happy to see that there are other like minded people. :smiley:
  • agrafina
    agrafina Posts: 128 Member
    I'm in starting today! Alcohol is way to easy for me to overindulge in. I overdid it over the holidays and need to give it a break.
  • michaelmelo
    michaelmelo Posts: 11 Member
    Or you can not quit alcohol and just have it in moderation. Quitting it out all together will probably cause you to binge why not just have one drink and make it a vodka soda or something of the sorts.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Hi @CinnamonKai and @agrafina

I drank way to much as well, really do need the break from it. I do dry Jan every year :)
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Or you can not quit alcohol and just have it in moderation. Quitting it out all together will probably cause you to binge why not just have one drink and make it a vodka soda or something of the sorts.

Alcohols not really one of the 'foods' you binge on because you're trying to say 'NO' to it. A BINGE drinker might, but not the average dieter. If I say I'm not gonna drink this month, and then I meet someone at a bar, I'll think 'hmm, I'll order one, oh well.' And that'd be it. It's not like chocolate where you think 'had 3, May as well eat the rest.'

I say go on with the challenge.
  • Michael5482
    Michael5482 Posts: 26 Member
    I'm in no alcohol for me till Feb 28th till I go to Manchester for boxing
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    I am one of those freaks that drinks like once every 2 years. I drank a little on Christmas Eve which I have never done and I will likely not drink til sometime in 2017. Never really got it but, surrounded by Ppl who drink on a very consistent basis. Best of luck to all of you.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    I'm in no alcohol for me till Feb 28th till I go to Manchester for boxing

Thanks for joining in :)

Who's fighting in Feb?
  • louisa2406
    louisa2406 Posts: 1 Member
    Happy to say I've also signed myself up to this challenge. I actually can't wait to have a break from drinking after lots of social events and entertaining over Christmas. Done it before and really does make such a difference! Great way to start a new year :-)
  • misspinky2013
    misspinky2013 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in starting today! Let's do it!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    edited January 2016
  • slimjaques
    slimjaques Posts: 19 Member
    Totally in! Starting today. Had planned on it - so fun to find a group also doing it!
  • michaelmelo
    michaelmelo Posts: 11 Member
    My_Butt wrote: »

Alcohols not really one of the 'foods' you binge on because you're trying to say 'NO' to it. A BINGE drinker might, but not the average dieter. If I say I'm not gonna drink this month, and then I meet someone at a bar, I'll think 'hmm, I'll order one, oh well.' And that'd be it. It's not like chocolate where you think 'had 3, May as well eat the rest.'

I say go on with the challenge.

You are wrong.
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    I'm SO in for a dry January! Consuming alcohol makes me SO sloppy in the food consumption department and I'm not talking spills ;-)