I did not ask you...

Options

Replies

• blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    "Similar to fat loss, the number of rep ranges that is optimal for muscle building is open to debate and the research is inconclusive. Most research points to reps under 15 reps as being better for muscle building, but other research shows muscle building can be equally effective with low weight and high reps."

Perhaps in 6 months that loser will look hotter than you.
  • Maddius
    Maddius Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just say thank you and smile.

▲ THAT!

It says Soooo Much, without being offensive. At the end of the day though it's just an opinion, unsolicited or not. You Know the answer You and the crossfit lady are Already Doing it and Doing it Right. The other lady just isn't there yet.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I want a certain type of body. I think the best advise would come from a person who has a body that I want.

One cannot judge by someone's body or looks on how healthy they are.

The best person to ask advice for getting the body someone else has is the coach/trainer that worked with the person who achieved it. Or better yet, their DNA.

right, so if you want to lose weight you would take advice from an obese person?

No, you take advice from their DNA...

Yeah, it didn't make any sense to me either.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    [nxETL1X.gif

In other news: Am I the only one that's strangely disappointed he stopped at his trousers?

KkPorew.gif
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I was next to someone looking at the fruit in Tesco, we were both near the cherries. I saw her looking at the cherries and I said
    'they are really expensive last timeI was going to buy them they were £10 a bag'. She looked at me in disgust and said in a sneering voice ' Yeah, right...like you even eat cherries.'

True story
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    SHAME
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    no offense to anyone I hope but after my years of being a fit person or trying anyway... i had an over weight gentleman at the gym whom i'd seen many times tell me "more reps, less weight". I've seen this guy many times over the past year and he's not changed a bit in physic.
    uh....
    first off he just walked up to me and started saying that bc he noticed the 'weight' i was pushing and i was like uh dude, you are tagging me wrong. i want the bulk. he was like uh well a PT trainer taught me that.

It took every ounce of me to say "uhm, yea and how's that workin for ya buddy? really?"

but i just smiled, was respectful and walked away after acknowledging his advice to me that. he has no idea i need to bulk!!!!!

a personal trainer trainer? Is that like a super trainer?
  • haidos
    haidos Posts: 69
    Options
    Hang on, you're saying it's okay for you to approach a stranger and discuss fitness but not for someone else?

Sounds highly hipocritical to me for all you know she could have been given bad advice (hence not seeing the results you obvioulsy look for) and thought she was doing you a favour.

The sad thing is she could have learnt something from that conversation but she'll probably remember the way you treated her.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I don't care enough to have an opinion, but it's the internet so I'm saying something. So "something."

tumblr_m374kvEJei1rqfhi2o1_500_zpsc1deb7d9.gif

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • anniegail1961
    Options
    What Would Jesus Do? He'd Love them anyways, and move on.................
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

I want a certain type of body. I think the best advise would come from a person who has a body that I want.

The best person to ask advice for getting the body someone else has is the coach/trainer that worked with the person who achieved it. Or better yet, their DNA.

right, so if you want to lose weight you would take advice from an obese person?

Hey now...was that necessary? :huh:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    "Similar to fat loss, the number of rep ranges that is optimal for muscle building is open to debate and the research is inconclusive. Most research points to reps under 15 reps as being better for muscle building, but other research shows muscle building can be equally effective with low weight and high reps."

Perhaps in 6 months that loser will look hotter than you.

I was thinking the same thing based on personal experience...never lifted heavy but always built up my muscles and definition fast...to the point my lifting partner (brother) was very jealous...hehe...low weight/high reps....

But other then that...hahahahaha at this thread...
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Perfect time to drop a DYEL.

^LMAO
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Why didn't you just clue her in on what you and cross fit girl know, I spent many years thinking lifting low and often was the way for women to lift and it was not until someone explained it to me that I changed my ways :)

Spread the truth! lol x
  • crazyten
    crazyten Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Like OMG .. Seriously dude.. You're body is awful.. I didn't ask for your opinion..

WOW .. you're shallow!!!

Thanks for telling us all!

this......
  • missems1
    missems1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was next to someone looking at the fruit in Tesco, we were both near the cherries. I saw her looking at the cherries and I said
    'they are really expensive last timeI was going to buy them they were £10 a bag'. She looked at me in disgust and said in a sneering voice ' Yeah, right...like you even eat cherries.'

True story

Cherries make my mouth itch ;)
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options

True story

That doesn't even make sense. Like there is a certain type of person that eats cherries?
    Cherries are freaking delicious.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    WHATS_zps11f664a7.gif
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Genetics plays a big role in what someone's body will look like. Bruce Lee, for example, was never going to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Or vice verse.

So many people running around wanting to look like this person and that person, when their genetics may have completely different plans. My Irish/Scottish/German/Native American genetics makes it pointless to try achieving a body perfect for ballet.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Genetics plays a big role in what someone's body will look like. Bruce Lee, for example, was never going to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Or vice verse.

So many people running around wanting to look like this person and that person, when their genetics may have completely different plans. My Irish/Scottish/German/Native American genetics makes it pointless to try achieving a body perfect for ballet.

The OP wasn't going for a certain bone structure/height. She wants a crossfit body, so a body with defined muscles. Genetics won't keep anyone from that. As the other woman stated, she achieved her look using heavy lifting, yoga diet and light cardio.