I did not ask you...

Options
12346»

Replies

• MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Like OMG .. Seriously dude.. You're body is awful.. I didn't ask for your opinion..

WOW .. you're shallow!!!

Thanks for telling us all!

lol Well, this might be a little strong as well, but I will admit I'm leaning this direction. Seems like an awfully strong reaction and criticism given the fact that it sounds like she was well-intentioned.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options

I want a certain type of body. I think the best advise would come from a person who has a body that I want.

One cannot judge by someone's body or looks on how healthy they are.

The best person to ask advice for getting the body someone else has is the coach/trainer that worked with the person who achieved it. Or better yet, their DNA.

right, so if you want to lose weight you would take advice from an obese person?

Hey now...was that necessary? :huh:

It depends. Body fat doesn't mean you can't know something; you also don't know that person; it's possible that "that obese person" has been up and down with their weight, was fit at one point, but lost the struggle ... I like to give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

Then again, you don't know. To just assume they know nothing by simple appearance is wrong.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

It depends. Body fat doesn't mean you can't know something; you also don't know that person; it's possible that "that obese person" has been up and down with their weight, was fit at one point, but lost the struggle ... I like to give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

Then again, you don't know. To just assume they know nothing by simple appearance is wrong.

If someone is obese there's a presumption that they are not in a position to give advice. It is rebuttable, but if they haven't figured out how to be thin and fit and stay that way, there's no reason to think they will have tips that will work for you.

I come from a family in which everyone is overweight or obese and yet some of them like to give me advice when I'm the only one who has learned how to stay a normal weight. And they are IGNORANT. I once asked one how much he thought my daily calorie max was; he was off by 100%. They don't know the calorie content of foods. They don't know the theories of the physiology and psychology of appetite.

For example, some people do better by avoiding "temptation" foods. Others can eat a small amount. Everyone is not the same. Or, willpower is not something to be relied on. It's better if you have cravings for food you can't control it's better not buy it and bring it into your house. Don't add butter to food; the calories add up. Or, you should walk whenever you can.