Join me in a 3-week sprint to kick off 2016!

Options

Replies

• mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Becky_44 wrote: »
    I nearly left MFP last night. I get so overwhelmed with everything, it drives me nuts. This week hasn't been so great, but I'm still ok net calorie wise, because I'm still more active than I was before the New Year. I need to get back on track tomorrow, mentally more than anything. I have this problem with self sabotage, I'm sure some of you can relate. I wasn't familiar with it till this past year or so. I keep fighting to overcome, but soon as I start feeling good, or hit a loss, I lose my head. So again, tomorrow is a new day! :smile:

Remember that doing your best is always enough!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I nearly left MFP last night. I get so overwhelmed with everything, it drives me nuts. This week hasn't been so great, but I'm still ok net calorie wise, because I'm still more active than I was before the New Year. I need to get back on track tomorrow, mentally more than anything. I have this problem with self sabotage, I'm sure some of you can relate. I wasn't familiar with it till this past year or so. I keep fighting to overcome, but soon as I start feeling good, or hit a loss, I lose my head. So again, tomorrow is a new day! :smile:

Also, being aware of that tendency is a HUGE step towards beating it. Replace the negative self talk with positive. Set yourself up for little victories and celebrate the hell out of them. Learn from the little failures and then let them float away without another thought. I even count my failures as victories because they give me a chance to plan a strategy to do better the next time.
  • bri170lb
    Options
    My word of the week, and maybe beyond, is COURAGE. I wrote it on my hand so I would see it.

Have the courage to follow through on the goals you have set for yourselves!

• Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Never stop fighting for yourself. No one can win that battle for you... Remember,

"Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing."
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Never stop fighting for yourself. No one can win that battle for you... Remember,

"Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing."

Good reminder!
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    "It is true on every level: you attract what you focus on, and you achieve what you believe."

Thanks for all the support, advice, encouragement and inspiration! You guys are awesome! I had a pretty good day though I will be over in cals, as I went a little bonkers. I was focused on trying to get done all I needed to do, and didn't really think much about food. SO cleaned house, did laundry, (I never count these, they just mean I stayed off my butt.) Grocery shopping, and a 45 min walk, Having some nerve pain in my foot tonight (which stems from a sprang two Summers ago when I rammed my foot into the basketball hoop not watching where I was walking), I'm sure it's all the sugar and caffeine I have had, that's made it flare up today. Hubby and I are having a crappy dinner and a drink or two. But both of us have seen amazing health results just from the first 12 days of the year having none to little alcohol, gluten and dairy, so I'll definitely be back at it tomorrow. Maybe one of these sprints, I will be able to make necessary choices through the whole thing! At least I continue to move more forward, with each one!

Have a great night everyone!
  • janetlynn31
    janetlynn31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Just focus on one thing at a time. The next week or month add something. It's difficult and nearly impossible to juggle all of it all of the time. That's why I like this challenge. It focuses on just two things. I can do that. But even if you only track one meal a day, that's something. Keep at it.
  • janetlynn31
    janetlynn31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It's January, I live In the Midwest, and I've gotten to walk outside for two days! Bliss! Cold days ahead though. Still tracking all meals and managing well. Fun group!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Good day today. I was over on my calories a little,but with my exercise added in, I'm still fine.

Looking forward to what ever adventures tomorrow brings.
  • Working2BBetter
    Options
    Another fast day done. 500 Calories in and 473 Burned! Can't wait to have breakfast in the morning...

Challenge for tomorrow - my husband is out of town so I promised the kids I'd take them out to dinner.... Already logged what I want to eat. Just have to fit a healthy lunch into my day.

Tomorrow is also my rest day, but I'm going to try do the Game of Thrones Punishment... Not looking forward to it!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options

My favourite quote is from Carlos Gracie (one of the founding family of Brazilian Jui Jitsu) "There is no losing in jui jitsu, you either win or you learn."
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Blew my personal record out of the water for Thursdays fitbit. 16,150 in steps, 23 floors, and 6.55 in miles.

@janetlynn31 You are exactly right! I get thrown off cause of so many food issues, if I just stay focused on my calorie goal, and being active I make much better choices of what I eat. Though some of my food issues stem from healthy foods, but I at least wouldn't be over doing it.
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    oh no we're headed into the weekend!! That's the toughest time!

But this group? We are ALL OVER IT — am I right, team??

69deyxs3e07c.jpg
    Ant.jpg 23.5K
  • Marikanna
    Marikanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's right Matt! This group knows what's up!
  • Marikanna
    Marikanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My favourite quote is from Carlos Gracie (one of the founding family of Brazilian Jui Jitsu) "There is no losing in jui jitsu, you either win or you learn."[/quote]

This is awesome! It's exactly the way I think but I've never really put it into words!

• Working2BBetter
    Options
    No problem. :wink:

With our third week fast approaching, I hope you plans a new Challenge for us all Matt!

I have really loved being part of this group. :blush:
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    No problem. :wink:

With our third week fast approaching, I hope you plans a new Challenge for us all Matt!

I have really loved being part of this group. :blush:

You know I always love a challenge! ;)
  • bri170lb
    Options

Tomorrow is also my rest day, but I'm going to try do the Game of Thrones Punishment... Not looking forward to it!

I don't know what that is, but it certainly doesn't seem restful!!!!!
  • Working2BBetter
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

I don't know what that is, but it certainly doesn't seem restful!!!!!

It definitely was not! But I had to get it in before Sunday, and I did not feel like adding onto my regular 79-90 minute workout another day...
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Had another good day today. Accomplished all of my goals.

I had a rough day last Saturday. I had a day off from exercise (so a little less calories than during the week) and I went way over by eating snacks after dinner.

This week I plan to be very careful to not have a repeat. I will log all my food in advance. I am going to try to fit in a walk during the day or to get on the treadmill in the evening to give myself a little cushion of calories. I am not going to snack after dinner. I will have tea or water instead.