Do people give you weird looks in public?

Options

Replies

• TheExorcistt
    Options
    Maybe I should add that sometimes I am the one staring, but it is just because I love piercings and tattoos and bright hair colors (only not on me LOL). I like looking at people who have them and I find such people more creative and nicer to hang out with. But I never judge or not in the bad way (if there is any good way that is) :bigsmile:

P.S. Tattoos and piercings on a guy - EXTREMELY SEXY! :blushing: :heart:

Us guys, well most of us, think the same about women.
    I love a woman with ink and metal.
    I read that chick like a book!
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    only when I go topless, apparently that kind of stuff is frowned upon :noway:

I hope it's just the women giving you weird looks. :laugh:
    :laugh: Actually to answer your question "seriously" I'm a goof ball, I get looked at kinda weird sometimes and all it really does is make me laugh even harder. It can't be serious business all the time
  • TheExorcistt
    Options
    only when I go topless, apparently that kind of stuff is frowned upon :noway:

I hope it's just the women giving you weird looks. :laugh:
    :laugh: Actually to answer your question "seriously" I'm a goof ball, I get looked at kinda weird sometimes and all it really does is make me laugh even harder. It can't be serious business all the time

Nothing better than acting out in public.. I embarrassed my friend by belching pretty loud in a Taco Bell..I MEAN.. I MEAN.. At home eating a salad. I forgot this is a fitness website.
  • BecahhRose
    BecahhRose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yeah for some reason I tend to freak people out with my ears and piercings...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Long time ago at my heaviest I would. I sometimes got looks from people because I spoke Spanish. Because of my height and size people assumed I was Samoan/Pacific-Islander descent and not latino.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would stare too: you look awesome :)

^^This.... I know I tend to look a lot more at the things I find interesting or beautiful than I do at stuff that bores me or that I find ugly. Assume the best unless proven otherwise :smile:
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Without knowing first hand, I have this assumption,

It is easy to wear a suit in public, it is a lot harder to be you and that includes dyed hair, pierced what ever and tattoos.

Never stop being you.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Be it for any reason, mostly for you being you? I've had people give me the strangest looks. Keep in mind, most of these people are in their 60's+.

If you go to my pictures, it's quite obvious why these people would look at me as some sort of alien.
    It's funny to me when they're giving me these looks, then witness me committing an act of kindness.

It goes to show, judgement will always start on the cover of the book.

I'm just curious, has anyone given you strange looks in public, be it the way you were acting, your weight, your appearance, etc.?

How do you know how old they are? You're making assumption like you accuse them of doing with you. I think you may be flattering yourself. I don't think people are staring like you're such a freak. You don't really look extraordinary to me (I assume you will take that as a compliment since you seem to be a bit offended if people appear to think otherwise).

This thread reminds me of the time my sister dyed her hair blue and mine pink. Then we went into an upscale dept store and tried on hats. We were offended when the sales people were watching us. Yet we were the ones with the attention seeking hair. Maybe, just maybe, you like to dress or somehow present yourself in an unconventional way. Frankly. I don't see it, but I guess you do.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I'm used to being pretty invisible while out, but I post here because yesterday, the woman in front of me in the checkout line gave me a second glance - almost like a double take. I have no clue why. Perhaps she thought I was someone else, but I continued to think about it because it happened the one day I was wearing a dress, which I almost never do.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I am a heavy black woman with a bald head (alopecia). Naturally, people think I have cancer and bald from chemo.

If no one looked at me, I would start to think the world was actually normal.
  • halflife1978
    halflife1978 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Life's too short to wonder if people are judging. I assume that anyone looking at me is admiring until proven otherwise (hardly ever).

Edit for grammar :\
  • PeaceVegan
    PeaceVegan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    People tend to fear what they don't know or understand ... hence the strange looks given. Quite sad actually ...
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My daughter would follow you around and want to be your BFF. Her jaw dropped and a huge smile yesterday when she saw a girl with blue hair. Sometimes the stares are out of admiration.
  • bzign
    bzign Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should add that sometimes I am the one staring, but it is just because I love piercings and tattoos and bright hair colors (only not on me LOL). I like looking at people who have them and I find such people more creative and nicer to hang out with. But I never judge or not in the bad way (if there is any good way that is) :bigsmile:

P.S. Tattoos and piercings on a guy - EXTREMELY SEXY! :blushing: :heart:

I was going to say this!!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I have no piercings, no tattoos and am the whitest guy you know. I could not care less about someone's appearance. I do find it funny though how people who do things to draw attention to themselves wonder why they get so much attention. If I were to walk in to a party full of you and you your friends, I'll bet I would get stared at because I would be the odd one. Meh, it's probably not as much as you think anyway.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    I get along better with "strange and unusual" people than "normal" people. Just my type I guess. ^_^
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Back when I was younger and played dress-up as a goth, I used to act this way. I went out wanting people to stare at me, then complained when people stared at me "because I was different" and then did it all over again the next day to get even more attention from strangers that didn't really give me attention so much as an occasional glance.

Then I grew out of it and realized that being a brazen attention seeker who pretended to not like the attention was immature and silly.

Now if people stare at me, I check my shoe for toilet paper.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yep, when I am walking to the supermarket, purple hair & dancing along to my own tunes on my phone. Yep I get looks all the time. I will not simply 'walk' anywhere...I dance my way & the attention, even though I hated it before when I was fat, I love it now.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you're just a normal looking person and get stares. After I pass I always look down to make sure my skirt is still down. LOL
  • ShellK71
    ShellK71 Posts: 33
    Options
    yep. I'm in my 40s with tattoos and piercings. I even had a mom approach me at school while picking up my youngest that I was a horrible mother based on my tattoos. I don't think a heart and butterfly is that shocking. Don't worry I'm not here to pierce your 5 year old.