Do you work out during your period?

Options

Replies

• terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    yes i do even if i dont feel like or am hurting, because it always helps and i feel so much better afterward. my favorite way to move that week is walking ( with hills ) and deep stretches or yoga.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yes, always. It can actually help with cramps.

Yep.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Nope! i pretty much refuse to work out, i just feel too gross, and i just want to be in bed left alone:grumble: . i noticed i am clumsier during that time too...... but given all the other statements i probably should be working out.:blushing:
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I dont get my period anymore..woot woot
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Edit: Double Post!
  • ByeSwellyBelly
    Options
    Most of the time, I don' exercise the first day when my cramps are at their worst, but once that's done I'm good to go again :).
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    PS: and i start taking Midol a day or 2 before hand or at least before i have the first cramp. i try to stop the pain before it starts and it works for me.
  • TinaRoberts67
    TinaRoberts67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's really up to you and how you are feeling. I do most of the week. I have two days that its a no go because I'm tied to the bathroom due to heavy flow, but all the other days I do if I feel up to it. I can say bring on menopause I been doing this 35 years and I can say I am done with aunt flo and her damn visits. :laugh: :tongue:

Oh I forgot to say taking Folic Acid a few days before and the first couple days of my period helps me with my cramps. Might not work for everyone but seems to do that trick for me right now
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yup. Not only does it help with my cramps and bloating, but it helps to "Leave the b*%$# gasping and panting on the floor" so I don't get edgy with my kiddos! Everyone is different, but for me it's a MUST!
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have endometriosis... so i feel your pain. But yes i workout during the week as much as possible. It always makes me feel so much better :happy:
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I have a little hut I retreat to for the week.:tongue:

But seriously I do the same things I would any other day. If its a lifting day I pick that sh1t up and put it down!
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It depends. I injured my tailbone years ago and for some reason the day before my period hits I'll sometimes have pain around my tailbone area. That will make it a little difficult or painful when I'm on the elliptical, but that day I'll shorten my elliptical time by 5 or 10 minutes and won't increase the resistance as much. I figure 10 minutes once every couple of months isn't going to be the difference between fit or not.

I haven't been doing the weights that long, but I don't seem to have a problem with them so far. They actually sort of help if I have period rage. LOL
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Not as hard, but walking helps my cramps and bloated feeling.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Yes I normally do - not this month as I've ended up with Gastroenteritis on top of my period cramps and boy my mood is worse.

I find that exercise normally helps the cramps and my mood. I think often finding the right 'protection' can help as I now use a menstrual cup and it makes such a difference.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    yes :huh:
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Yes - all effing week feeling like a bloated fat cow :grumble:

BUT, I feel better after!

I keep telling myself that today because my tummy is KILLING ME!!!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    It helps me to be as athletic as possible - in fact, IMO, being athletic and staying physical helps reduce the impact each month.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I dont get my period anymore..woot woot

So freaking jealous
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    With the exception of the day I start because of excruciating lower back pain, yes, I do workout while on my period.
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Working out helps me relieve some of the bloating and cramps. It also puts me in a better mood, which makes my SO come out of hiding :) The only time I've avoided it was when I ran my first half. I didn't want to worry about the energy drain and lack of bathrooms so I just stopped my pills a week early to get it over with before hand!