365 days i joined MFP here is my story and photos

Options

Replies

• KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Your story made my day, seriously. Congratulations to you and thank you for being honest and sharing this.

I honestly really hope I can have a similar story in one years' time.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful, before and after! Congratulations! You look like a million! Thank you for sharing your story so others can see that it's hard at times for *everyone*, even the success stories we read! I think I needed to hear that today.
  • yourfriendlaurie
    yourfriendlaurie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is such a great post because the feelings and thought you describe are so relatable! Especially this: "By week 3 it hit me, just how slow and long this was going to be! That there was NO magic weight loss method, I had done 3 LONG weeks and I was still not skinny was my way of thinking, no one could even tell I had lost weight!" I've lost over 30 pounds and I still feel this way, like I don't look or feel any different and my goal is still SO far off, but when I really think about it I know that's not true, it's just my perception.

Congratulations!
  • cairoqueen27
    cairoqueen27 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting your story and photos. Well done you! It is hard to change our mindset from "I can't" to "I can, and I will". You have done amazing in one year. You look really happy and well. So keep on logging :)
  • charbame
    charbame Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing!! My profile picture is my goal again (need a full length one); after starting my masters program, I gained 50 lbs! I need to loose that, and focus on becoming healthy. It is so important to take one day at a time, and to continue on. Search for those inspirational stories that help you to push forward. I love this!! Congratulations beautiful Kiwi! ;-)
  • gmcdsc
    gmcdsc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring story! You look amazing! I love the quote "a year from now you will wish you had started today". Thanks for sharing!
  • MyLifeMyCreation
    MyLifeMyCreation Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! I love what you said about choosing between which "hard" you wanted to live with. Keep up the great work :)
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking this one for sure for my dark days!

You stand way taller now and look incredible!!

From one Kiwi to another, thanks for sharing :)

Kia Kaha

L.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Thank you for helping to inspire others by sharing your story. Congratulations on your success.
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this post. You look amazing! Congratulations!
  • ladykeaton
    ladykeaton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. Proud of you for sticking thru to your goal... Awesome dedication!!!
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! Your husband looks a little more fit as well, or is it just me? Side effects. :D Happy anniversary.
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Look at you! Incredible--you've done a great job. Thank you for sharing!
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    "Being overweight was HARD, dieting was HARD .. I told myself I had to choose what "hard" I wanted!"

I love this!!! Congratulations!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    So inspirational!! Thank you so much for sharing! Wonderfully done!
  • behnybaby
    behnybaby Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you, and thank you for sharing. I loved the message about your journey, glad your goal is accomplished and you look so very happy.
  • cside28
    cside28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations, thank you for such an inspirational post, I have been doings this for 3 days now, and you have inspired me. Thank you for such an honest post, you said what it sounds like a lot of us have said to ourselves. Now you have motivated us all. Thanks You!
  • jusbar71
    jusbar71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi from the other side of the world. Where it is cold and rainy! Your story was wonderful for me to read, I have just started on my journey to lose 70lbs, I am 2nd week in, first week I lost 5lbs, it's weigh day on Saturday. Reading stories like yours keeps me on the right track, so thank you. Your story was amazing and you look wonderful and beautiful
  • Ezzmie
    Ezzmie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far and thank you for sharing your story! Wishing you all the best on your journey to health.
  • VikkiStst
    VikkiStst Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Budget for taking the time to share your story. I can so relate to your words. Today, I am on day 2 of a life style change and know there with be many hurdles ahead but it is people like yourself that give me hope and the determination to carry on, one day at a time, one decision at a time.. 'You should be so proud of yourself. Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!