What to eat when you're CRAVING sweets?

Options
Any tips? I used to keep semi sweet chocolate chips but them it became a habit and not an in case of emergency. Sometimes I have a yogurt but sometimes it's just not enough!!

Replies

• Phcutiepie
    Phcutiepie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been eating some dark chocolate covered almonds :)
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Reach for the sweets then, aka fruit.

You can opt for low sugar fruit like blackberries and raspberries. Suck on some frozen ones. You won't be able to get through 5 in a half hour span using this method and you will be satiated before you know it (hopefully).
  • VeryCarrie6969
    VeryCarrie6969 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Do you ever feel like it's better to just not get started? Like one bite leads to 20?That's what I've been trying bc sometimes it's hard to stop once I get going on sweets! Anyway, I feel your pain; sugar is my demon too!!!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Fruit flavored herbal tea with sugar or no calorie sweetener often gets rid of my sweet tooth. My favorite is Celestial Seasonings Blueberry tea.
  • byvanzant
    byvanzant Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a horrible sweet tooth but I have found eating sweet fruits helps curb the craving. Right now fresh pineapple and grapes are my go to when I am craving sweets. Good luck!
  • xXxWhitneyxXx
    xXxWhitneyxXx Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I fit in something sweet. Tonight, 1/2 cup of orange sherbert ice cream :D
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream sandwich 160 calories
    123g Raspberries with 2 tbsp of Cool Whip 95 calories
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I enjoy frozen cherries for a sweet snack. 1 cup/140 grams is 90 calories.
  • cestaimee
    cestaimee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I try to reach for fruit first but if I'm feeling a little more indulgent, there are 60-calorie Jell-o sugar-free pudding packs that I keep on hand in the back of my fridge out of sight. :smile:
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    fruit mostly, but i'm also not willing to axe out my favorites altogether. I try to include small amounts of treats in my meal plan all the time: three squares of chocolate, a cup of popcorn, a slice of cake etc. Cutting them out all together is ridiculous, because of course you will only crave after them and wind up binging.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Several thoughts:
    If you have the calories for fruit...enjoy the fruit if that works.
    Yay if it does. If it doesn't or for more variety: Portion out dark chocolate that fits your goals/ calories.
    If your diet is otherwise nutrient dense, then yeah, while losing, why not use sugar free pudding etc if it doesn't trigger cravings.
    One of my "hacks" when calories permit is to get a spoon of natural peanut or almond butter and dip that into sugar free pudding. YUM! and MAN does that seem indulgent!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I buy low-fat graham crackers and fat free whipped topping
    make a sleeve full of sandwiches with 2 T. of whipped topping in each sandwich. Then I let them freeze on a cookie sheet in the freezer. Then I wrap them up like ice cream sandwiches. Yummy! Calories come out to 140 for two full sheets of the graham crackers and 20 calories for 2 T. of a generic Fat Free whipped topping (that comes in tubs)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    I buy low-fat graham crackers and fat free whipped topping
    make a sleeve full of sandwiches with 2 T. of whipped topping in each sandwich. Then I let them freeze on a cookie sheet in the freezer. Then I wrap them up like ice cream sandwiches. Yummy! Calories come out to 140 for two full sheets of the graham crackers and 20 calories for 2 T. of a generic Fat Free whipped topping (that comes in tubs)

This would make me starving, but add a bit of PB and I'd be good to go.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I haven't needed/wanted them this last week (had more than enough sweets for the holidays), but when I want sweets, I want the real thing. I like mini ice cream sandwiches. Real, full fat minis (store brand I get) are 110cal each. Most times I can budget in two for the day on workout days.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I take a 5 oz cup of vanilla Greek yogurt and add about 10 grams of Hershey's cocoa powder. It mixes up to a mousse like consistency. Good with a spoon, with berries, or as a dip. Better with some chocolate chips added.

The Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are great. And if you look around, a lot of the regular ice cream sandwiches and bars aren't so high in calories. And fudge pops are only like 50 calories each.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    One serving of Breyer's No Sugar Vanilla is only 80 calories. It is really creamy and doesn't taste like it has no added sugar.
  • ArmstrongSabrina
    ArmstrongSabrina Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    byvanzant wrote: »
    I have a horrible sweet tooth but I have found eating sweet fruits helps curb the craving. Right now fresh pineapple and grapes are my go to when I am craving sweets. Good luck!

Definitely going to try this for my cravings! Thanks!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein pudding.
  • hmthomas317
    hmthomas317 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I really like homemade banana ice cream. It's really simple and you can find the recipe on Pinterest. I also like the special k Chocolatey delight cereal, especially if I am looking for that "crunch" factor. Always looking for more ideas myself though. Sweet tooth always hits me around 8pm almost every night.
  • woofer00
    woofer00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If I want a sweet, I have a sweet. Just one piece though. As in, 1 or 2 M&Ms, and put the rest of the bag away. Adds up a bit over the course of a day, but so be it. It's just flavor I want, I'll go for fruit flavored sparkling water.