Upset ...Closed minded people

Options
12346»

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I don't get what was so rude about what he said. He said he caters to smaller sized folks. Lots of stores do. If size 0-6 people shop there, how would it be good business sense to stock your store with 8 and up? He said he didn't have enough room for larger sizes. Sounds like he was just thinking with his business, not your feelings in mind.

It's not personal, it's just business. Don't get offended, he didn't mean it to be rude.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    The average woman is a size 14 right now. i just read that the other day.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    u are beautiful! post full body pics I will bet you are a goddess..pics please!!:)
    Best from Nyc
    Kristian Rocco

LMAO!

tumblr_mcqh8tFFZ71rnkg43o1_500.gif
  • mflinn84
    mflinn84 Posts: 35
    Options
    That shopowner is a JERK!!!! Size 8-13 is not fat!
  • mflinn84
    mflinn84 Posts: 35
    Options
    I don't get what was so rude about what he said. He said he caters to smaller sized folks. Lots of stores do. If size 0-6 people shop there, how would it be good business sense to stock your store with 8 and up? He said he didn't have enough room for larger sizes. Sounds like he was just thinking with his business, not your feelings in mind.

It's not personal, it's just business. Don't get offended, he didn't mean it to be rude.

Soo, if he only sells clothes to folks in the 0-6 size range, well, I hope he is in California or some other skinny-butt state. But really, couldn't he have said, "Miss, we are at capacity on inventory right now"? Some people don't try to be rude - it just comes naturally.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    I know that the account is a little hard to read, as it lacks proper punctuation and is a bit confusing, but...according to the OP's account, the shop owner never said that a particular size is fat.
  • Gontse_Moichela
    Gontse_Moichela Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful no matter what size you are. I'm so sorry this happened to you
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I'm going to second this. I had :indifferent: going on the entire time I read that. His business, his money, his choice.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I know that the account is a little hard to read, as it lacks proper punctuation and is a bit confusing, but...according to the OP's account, the shop owner never said that a particular size is fat.

Exactly. These are the words the OP said the shop owner used.
    unfortunately we cannot accept them because we don't have people of your size that shop at our store...I looked at him and said excuse me....I shop here and u know that. he said yea and honestly I wouldn't be buying these shirts from u but because I need larger and bigger sizes in my store I decided to buy them but honeslty ppl your size don't shop here and I don'cuz have room for bigger clothes.

"we don't have people your size"

"people your size don't shop here"

Everyone that thought these were rude comments have personal insecurities. Saying 'your size' is not equal to saying 'fat'. The only way this could be derogatory is if the listener thinks their size is somehow undesirable and that's a personal problem, not the shop owner's problem.
  • CapnGordo
    Options
    "we don't have people your size"

"people your size don't shop here"

Everyone that thought these were rude comments have personal insecurities. Saying 'your size' is not equal to saying 'fat'. The only way this could be derogatory is if the listener thinks their size is somehow undesirable and that's a personal problem, not the shop owner's problem.
    Exactly. Some folks go through life with a victim mentality, and assume that everyone is looking to grind them down. It's no way to live. Give people the benefit of the doubt. Prepare for the worst, but assume the best, and do not let the opinions or actions of others affect your own self esteem and happiness.
  • yannasmommy145
    yannasmommy145 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU all for ur words.. I have been there numerous times and he knows who I am but tis w.e im not going to let this jerk tell me im not beautiful no matter what size I am....its funny cuz he sent me a friend request the same night...hmmmm :huh:
  • CapnGordo
    Options
    ...im not going to let this jerk tell me im not beautiful no matter what size I am...
    He said that? You didn't mention anything like that in your original post.