What changes have you noticed as you've lost weight?

Options

Replies

• Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    1. My stamina and energy are much improved. I'm bouncier -- in a good way!
    2. I need to get a new and smaller belt.
    3. Looking in the mirror is fun! :-)
    4. I need to bundle up more against cold, even in Florida.
    5. Even though I'm still overweight according to my BMI, my sit bones can really feel those hard surfaces.
    6. I am 99% free of cravings.
    7. A while back I reached what a friend called "tuck in time" -- I no longer let my shirt hang outside my pants.
    8. My blood pressure and cholesterol RAWK.
    9. I can lie on my stomach without feeling squished.
  • LeopardPrintedLove
    LeopardPrintedLove Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes! Hooray for less arm and boob fat!!
  • lilimini
    lilimini Posts: 56
    Options
    I had to get my skirts taken in from the waist and the hips.
    I also had to get my jeans altered from the waist.
    I have bought a few pairs of skinny jeans that don't make my legs look huge!
    I sit down and don't try and hide by fat rolls :)
    I no longer have a double chin!
    My rings are too big now.
    I have more energy.

They didn't happen overnight - but it's so nice to know that all this changes are a step in the right direction :)

Finally only a few pounds short of my goal!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    20 pounds down, 80 more to go.

I have more energy. In general I am happier. I am wanting healthier food options. I crave exercise. I have an actual waist. :) I can keep up with my kids.

It'll be fun to see the differences the next 20 pounds down!
  • LeopardPrintedLove
    LeopardPrintedLove Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm cold, and I'm less funny. Let me 'splain .... No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

Here's where being cold is a problem: Most nights my wife and I head up to bed at the same time. She'll generally spend a few minutes in the lav - removing makeup, whatever it is you ladies do in there. Now, she hates a cold bed, and I like cool sheets. So I'll occupy her side of the bed while she's doing her thing. She comes to bed, and I roll over onto nice cool sheets, and she gets a pre-warmed spot. Everyone wins. Well I'm generally a lot colder nowadays, so I can't effectively warm her side of the bed .. without farting. Nobody is happy with this. Everyone loses.

Less Funny: At 300+lbs, I made a lot of self-deprecating wisecracks. For example, I'd wear shorts into work, and get a comment like "shorts toady, huh?" and reply with something like "yeah I'm just doing it to drive the ladies wild." and everyone would have a good chuckle. Hahaha fat guy made a funny. NOW, sometimes I forget I'm not still 300+, and in the same exact situation, I end up sounding like an arrogant *kitten*.

Anyone else here still turn sideways in order to get through a tight space, when they no longer have to?

I love your response!! Well, she will just have to warm her own spot if she doesn't like the farting-- jeez, us women just can't appreciate anything, huh?! ;)

And yes! I sometimes see a tight spot and go around, only to realize later that I could indeed have fit through it with ease!

It's good that you're no longer making jokes about yourself. Instead, just make fun of other people-- JUST KIDDING. Don't do that. Obviously your sense of humor is still in tact, with all the farting in bed talk, so I'm sure you're still the same ol' stand up comedian you've always been! ;)
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hotel towles fit all the way around me!!

Also: we were plaing "heads up" on ipad the other day and it records those giving clues to the person trying to guess what the ipad says as they hold it to their forehead. You can see the video as it records and during a moment I thought to myself, dang my sister is skinny... and then realized it was me!! YAY!!
  • greyhoundphile
    greyhoundphile Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This morning I thought how funny it was that I was searching my closet for a tight t-shirt to show off how small I've become...and less than 3 months ago I was searching my closet for a t-shirt (all of them size large) that wasn't so "tight-fitting" that it showed off my massive belly. :)

I now have to wear a tight ring over my wedding ring to keep it from falling off my finger.

That and the fact that I went clothes shopping at the consignment store and came home with three size small items, which I've never done before.

Congrats on all your successes, everybody! Let's keep it up! :)
  • Tatiana269
    Tatiana269 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well I'm only down 12 lbs but I feel so much better. I have way more energy, I look forward to my workouts now. I feel like men notice me more. lol. But I feel great, and I can't wait to continue my weight loss journey.

41237227.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • labeachgirl
    labeachgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I took shorts on a cruise in February and they were tight, I just put them on and they're loose. YAY!
  • Tatiana269
    Tatiana269 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also notice that my tummy isnt as bloated and my waist is coming back. Yay!!

41237227.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I still have about 40 lbs to still go but ...

I've dropped pants sizes (24/26 to 16)
    My T shirts got longer and dropped sizes (3x down to XL)
    I no longer use a seat belt extender in car
    I've lost extra chin/blockey face look
    I can walk fast w/o being winded
    My gut doesn't hit the table in restaurants while sitting in booth
    I can sit closer to desk/keyboard tray since lost excess gut
    I now sleep better & can sleep on just one pillow as well as sleep on my back
    I no longer have heartburn & only take Tums when I remember for the calcium
    I've got more confidence & now people are commenting on the weight loss (lot of NSVs)
    Cutting toenails is a breeze
    Getting off the floor is also a lot easier
    I've lost Michelin man/Pillsbury dough boy rolls in midsection & back fat
    I can use my treadmill (had a weight limit)
    Now need to use belts since gut no longer holds jeans up
    Cell phone case now sits on the waist (gut no longer tries to knock it to the floor)
    My A1C dropped so far from 6.9% to 5.7%
    Dropped 1 anti hypertensive med and cutting second one in half

I've also noticed it now takes me forever to food shop reading EVERYTHING on the label before adding to my cart.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27 pounds and still have a long way to go, but I only need to do that 6 more times! Yesterday was the first time I was under 300 and I was so worried that I would see that damn 3 again this morning - I had to weigh myself just to be sure... yep still there, whew! I love being in the 2's now instead of the 3's!

I was putting lotion on my hands and my engagement ring slipped right off. I had to switch and put my wedding band on the outside since it's a little tighter. Eventually I'll have to get them sized!

I know my belly has gone way down & my clothes look and feel nicer. I saved a few pairs of smaller shorts from many years ago that now fit so I am starting to get rid of some of my bigger & baggier ones - never to be seen again!

Oh, and my husband has also lost about 15 pounds and let me tell you - we've noticed a difference in "other" ways as well!! ;-)
  • BadassCrossfitMama
    BadassCrossfitMama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    8 below where I started @ 260
    Untitled.jpg

1. loose pants @ 234
    loosepants_zps23a479cd.jpg

2. face is slimming (before in december)
    011ab13d-1387-4990-bede-246617cc3670_zps193c8b17.jpg

last week @ 238
    e77cc245-76b5-4b64-a212-05986423ce37_zps664b6b46.jpg

3. my boss who is a triathlon running was asking me for nutritional advise!

4. I have more energy, I seem to be able to think clearer.

5. I'm happier, no more depression!
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm cold, and I'm less funny. Let me 'splain .... No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

My favorite part of your great post!! Indigo has a way with words! :happy: Major congrats on your weight loss!! You've done well, and it sounds like you've retained your sense of humor: just no more self-bashing fat jokes!

I feel so much better having slimmed down. I haven't lost a ton, but 16 pounds at 5'3" definitely makes a difference.

I see my collarbones now!

I have had to adjust my dance costumes... all of them! Well, except the one I had to adjust to make bigger before. Now I wear it with no need for the extender I previously added.

I feel more confident when dancing.

Like someone else said, my skirts are longer because I can wear them lower.

I just plain feel prettier and more confident.

My workouts are getting easier, and consequently, I don't hate Jillian Michaels as much. I mean, I still think she's a sadistic demon-wench from the depths of hell, but I can respect that. :wink:

Congrats everyone! You're all inspiring. :flowerforyou:
  • chlsyrhd
    chlsyrhd Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Here's where being cold is a problem: Most nights my wife and I head up to bed at the same time. She'll generally spend a few minutes in the lav - removing makeup, whatever it is you ladies do in there. Now, she hates a cold bed, and I like cool sheets. So I'll occupy her side of the bed while she's doing her thing. She comes to bed, and I roll over onto nice cool sheets, and she gets a pre-warmed spot. Everyone wins. Well I'm generally a lot colder nowadays, so I can't effectively warm her side of the bed .. without farting. Nobody is happy with this. Everyone loses.

Less Funny: At 300+lbs, I made a lot of self-deprecating wisecracks. For example, I'd wear shorts into work, and get a comment like "shorts toady, huh?" and reply with something like "yeah I'm just doing it to drive the ladies wild." and everyone would have a good chuckle. Hahaha fat guy made a funny. NOW, sometimes I forget I'm not still 300+, and in the same exact situation, I end up sounding like an arrogant *kitten*.

Anyone else here still turn sideways in order to get through a tight space, when they no longer have to?

And I would imagine losing weight will help you avenge your father's death by killing the 6-fingered man.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    1. My stamina and energy are much improved. I'm bouncier -- in a good way!
    2. I need to get a new and smaller belt.
    3. Looking in the mirror is fun! :-)
    4. I need to bundle up more against cold, even in Florida.
    5. Even though I'm still overweight according to my BMI, my sit bones can really feel those hard surfaces.
    6. I am 99% free of cravings.
    7. A while back I reached what a friend called "tuck in time" -- I no longer let my shirt hang outside my pants.
    8. My blood pressure and cholesterol RAWK.
    9. I can lie on my stomach without feeling squished.

Oh yeah! I forgot my belt! I had to get rid of my favourite leather belt, I ran out of holes and it was decorated so I couldn't punch more holes in it! My new belt already has a new hole added and already I'm trying to find the next one!
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My almost 60 year old husband (trust me he is still hot) can't keep his hands of me.

I've lost about 55 pounds, almost to goal, feel great, look great.
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My knees are no longer in pain all the time. More energy. My health has improved drastically. I no longer have to shop in the "women's shops". I can buy fun clothes. I have gone down 6 sizes. People treat me with more respect, maybe because I feel more confident. My husband and I used to use the same seat position in the car, now he can hardly get in after I have been driving. My shadow surprises me. It has a womanly shape instead of a blob. I have more courage in trying new things, After all, I am succeeding at something very difficult.
  • georgiancreative
    georgiancreative Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    All the above plus

I can run
    I have collar bones and hip bones
    I have saved a fortune fitting back into my old clothes
    And I smile at myself now in the mirror

What a difference a few months can make x
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    + Clothes are looser.
    + Face is less bloated and round.
    + IBS is under control/hardly any flare-ups.
    + Energy out the wazoo.
    + I love the food I eat.
    + I drink water like a fish and actually enjoy it.
    + I eat a whole lot more and still lose.
    + I'm less sore after an exercise now.
    + I can climb stairs without getting out of breath.
    + I smile more!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!