are you in your 40's?!! let's make this happen!

Options

Replies

• Meanica922
    Meanica922 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 44 with 40 lbs to lose...will be 45 in June and want it gone by then. Starting my second week on fitness pal and need buddies. Let's rock 2016!!!!
  • OverseasMom
    OverseasMom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 45, will be 46 in February. I've gained 10 pounds since turning 40. I'd like to eat healthier, get stronger and have more fun! I won't complain if I lose a few pounds/inches. :smiley: Please add me and let's keep each other motivated!
  • 1beautyguru
    1beautyguru Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just turned 41 and still forget that I'm over the age of 25...LOL

I just joined MFP and joined a group for people starting Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred this week so I'm pretty excited! I did log what I thought was a good breakfast this morning (except for the coffee) and boy was I surprised. I'm going to plan and measure my meals...and only have a salad for lunch today lol.

Don't have any friends yet, but would love it if any of you could add me to your list! I was down from 172lbs to 134lbs last January, had a rough year and gained 25lbs. My plan is to make daily activity a healthy habit, eat a cleaner and more proportionate diet, count myself as worthy of my own attention and to stay married to these ideals! Me and my goals will not be separated again!!!
  • rgfor40
    rgfor40 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    HI! Just turned 47. no problem adding muscle but need to lose lbs... about 60 of 'em but I'll start with 40
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hey 1beautyguru I started 30 shred last Tuesday. Feel free to add me. I'm bloggin about it on my page. What group did you join? I'd like to hear other ppl's progress as well
  • texascolin95
    texascolin95 Posts: 279 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    it seems my metabolism is no exsistent now that I'm 40, anyone else have that issue??? :(
  • Vcorz
    Vcorz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    it seems my metabolism is no exsistent now that I'm 40, anyone else have that issue??? :(
    Oh I got it....turned 40 in October, gained 25 pounds since then!
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    42...whoop whoop
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 40. Add me. :)
  • bathmatt12345
    bathmatt12345 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm mid 40's and I try to workout 10-15 hours/week these days. Get there most weeks, Lets be friends..
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    hi there....I will be 46 in May.....I've been on MFP since January 2012 and I will be counting calories and logging and weighing for the rest of my life.....to a certain extent anyway....here are my stats:
    SW: 172lb (January 2012)
    LW: 120lb (February 2013)
    CW: 140lb
    GW: 125lb
    My lowest weight was in February 2013, just over a year after I joined MFP....I was so happy....everyone else said I looked too thin because I lose weight faster off the top half of my body than the lower half (i.e. hips, thighs, butt)...I was "skinny fat" because I hadn't really done any lifting to speak of....I stared in with lifting weights in June 2013, and the weight has climbed back on since then....I've also gone through a few periods of not being as dedicated and strict with myself as I should be....anyway, I'm trying to get back down to 125lb but I keep yo-yoing up and down with the same 6-7lb for over a year now.....it's so frustrating!!! anywhere between 136-142lb....arrghhhh...I guess I will just have to keep going and not give up.....good luck to everyone!!!:)
  • jesoverley
    jesoverley Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Staying fit in our 40's requires us to be more intentional with our health and fitness, but it is totally worth it for the quality of life it provides. I ran my first 50 mile ultra marathon for my 41st birthday 2 months ago. I use this site to stay on track and accountable.
  • ttmagee
    ttmagee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just turned 49 last month and relatively new to MFP so would like motivated friends. The more the better, so anyone interested add me and i will add back.
  • undulyinterest
    undulyinterest Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I will be 42 in March. I am a working mom and have gained a couple pounds every year until I am now at my upper limit of comfortable. Looking to lose 10-15 pounds *the super hard ones. Feel free to add me, I also keep my diary open.
  • sharonbamagurl
    sharonbamagurl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    40+ over here! Need to stay committed this time and get it done!
  • harobinson12
    harobinson12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and would love to lose 44 lbs. I'm in!!
  • DetereminedSN49
    DetereminedSN49 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 49 looking to lose 12 pounds. Please add me as a friend!
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Soooo I just turned 40 today!!!! :) I can now officially fit in. :)
  • caracyote
    caracyote Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 in July and my goal is to be back in the 140s by 40! I have a lot to go so I appreciate any support :)
  • MEat40forge
    MEat40forge Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am 43. Started a week ago.